Quantcast
bloody cowboys - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bloody cowboys

My Ride
    Noodle

Default bloody cowboys

well, the stupid doorman at cowboys wouldn't let me in tonight, why, cause i had on skate shoes, well thats just fucking great. So here i am at home, changing my shoes because I wan't to go back, why, because I am an idiot. Actually because my girlfriend and a bunch of other friends are thier and I want to hang out with them. God damnit, I hate cowboys, anyway, sorry about the rant but I had to get it out, anyway, now I am off to cowboys, again, so later

My Ride
    a wrx.

u should better than to wear those shoes to cowboys. everyone knows u need dress shoes to get in.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I'm happy they have atleast a little bit of a dress code. I don't mind wearing nice boots and a dress shirt to the bar one bit. I love Cowboys and it's my favourite bar by far and I'm not a huge fan of kids in hoodies and skate shoes puking on the girls I'm with.

[/end rant]

but yea, sometimes the bouncers are queers....especially lately. Thankfully I usually manage to get in VIP but some Thursdays and on Bacardigras it seems as though they purposely run up the line so they can charge $50 cover to get in!

HAhaha I once got forcefully removed for wearing airwalks to cowboys and a johnny blaze t shirt

My Ride
    Noodle

hey I was not wearing some dirty ass hoodie and ripped up jeans, I was wearing a good coat nice, clean jeans and a good t-shirt, not dressy, but not dirty either, it is just annoying that the stigma attatched to skaters is dirty, unclean and loud obnoxious drunks, that is crap.

/end rant

Anyway, the night ended up being kind of fun, I didn't have to pay cover, bouncer ended up being nice and letting me in without paying it, I met the guy from the fast and the furious, Chad aka Jessy in the fatf and then one of the people I was with got kicked out, not forcefully, just asked to leave, cause she was a little too drunk(it was her 19th birthday). So, all in all, it was worth the $2.00 in gas and 30 minutes it took to drive home and back. Got a picture with Chad too, to bad I was the one behind the camera, oh well.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

did you tell that guy that the jetta in f&f was a bastardization of the vw community?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    97 si honda civic/2004 chevy silverado

wow........you went back to 'COWBOYS'
    hahahaha your girlfriend must be really something that bar blows. Even when you are drunk it sucks. All these hicks in there tight ass tappered jeans.....some flannel top and cowboy boots and the hat to top it off. After living in olds.....I hate cowboys. They think they are the hottest things out there.......sorry they aren't. And as for cowboys.....not being able to wear skate shoes now that is where I would put my foot down. Skate shoes is where its at. I wear them with everything. I even wore them for this fancy ball sort of thing. It was sweet!!!
    Anyways cowboys is such a meat market. It makes you feel like crap. I don't understand how anyone could have fun there......its as bad as coyotes and roadhouse. Such lame excuses for bars.
    Anyways I just had to comment.
    i am who i am.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I'm guessing surferbaby likes the palace...

If you don't like Cowboys you like the Palace usually, or you don't like bars at all! I feel safer at Cowboys....a good hand on hand brawl isn't too bad. I find at the Palace if you're in a fight there are 20 lebs or asians or other brown dudes trying to pull knives on you. The girls at the palace are kinda fake and choci too but that's just my opinion

Too each their own!!!

My Ride
    a wrx.

soprry to break it to ya davidi, but almost nobody likes cowboys, whether they like palace or not.

i personally like neither...cowboys is too redneck, and palace is too top40s......there really arent any good bars in calgary at all.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 04:44 AM.

My Ride
    A l337 chair

clubs here are stupid IMO

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    soprry to break it to ya davidi, but almost nobody likes cowboys, whether they like palace or not.
    You're right...nobody likes Cowboys!

Have you ever driven by there on a thursday night? Maybe last Sunday?

On Sunday they reached capacity at 9:15....other clubs were only busy because of the overflow from Cowboys. They had people from Coyotes, the Palace, the Drink etc. handing out drink tickets in teh Cowboys line since hundreds of people weren't getting in. I agree that Cowboys generally sux on Fridays and Saturdays but Thursdays are good!

Sorry, I'm not trying to come across as a prick or anything! We're all friends here! I totally agree with you that there aren't any really good bars in Calgary but I go to Cowboys because I always end up having a good time. Once again, it's just personal opinion.

Clubs are so fucking gay. I outgrew them like, 4 months after I turned 18.
    Personally, I love the pub/sports bar atmosphere. Going and getting slammered with a group of friends rather than squeezing around a crowded club (usually with horrible music) packed with souless chaches.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    A l337 chair

Originally posted by Ranger_X31
    Clubs are so fucking gay. I outgrew them like, 4 months after I turned 18.
    Personally, I love the pub/sports bar atmosphere. Going and getting slammered with a group of friends rather than squeezing around a crowded club (usually with horrible music) packed with souless chaches.

I dont like being crammed like cattle into a modified warehouse that plays music I dont generally like.

My Ride
    Noodle

yeah, I agree, I am so sick of the bar, I would rather go to a pub or something, but it was my girlfriends really good friends birthday so I went, I was only there for about 2 hours though, and only spent 2 bucks on coat check(which is a fucking ripoff). Anyway, thankfully it wasn't that packed like it normally is, you could at least breath, oh well, whatever

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic

cowboys on thursdays can be fun, its just soo gay when it gets packed though...Its no fun some times especially when you wait 45 mins to get your coat back

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by surferbaby13
    hahahaha your girlfriend must be really something
    His girlfriend is my sister, and you will respect her.
    Even over the internet.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Yah I'm not a big bar star anymore. Before I was in the bar almost every Thurs, Fri, Sat, and some Sundays but not no more. Just not as fun as they used to be. Everyone goes through that bar stage though!

I'm all about the pubs and lounges now....great fun!

Sometimes I'll go to the bar if it's someone's bday or something cause they're alright once in awhile. Just not every weekend anymore.

My Ride
    91 stang

[QUOTE]Originally posted by davidI
    [B]I'm happy they have atleast a little bit of a dress code. I don't mind wearing nice boots and a dress shirt to the bar one bit. I love Cowboys and it's my favourite bar by far and I'm not a huge fan of kids in hoodies and skate shoes puking on the girls I'm with.

[/end rant]

Be careful on how you stereotype people. Clothes don't mean fucking shit about who you are or what type of a person you are. Maybe next time i'll be the guy puking on your girls because i'm wearing skate shoes

My Ride
    350Z

My buddies went to Metro on saturday, thay said there was this competition going on. all the guys when you get there are given 10 "lays" and the chicks have to show you there tits to get a "lay" at the end of the night the chick with the most lays (17 or something) won $500 cash and a $1000 bar tab. they said it was the most hilarious night they've ever been to the bar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast