Quantcast
This Is Getting Rediculous - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This Is Getting Rediculous

My Ride
    '98 Honda Civic SI

Default This Is Getting Rediculous

Hey everyone I just wanted to give everyone the heads up. I know most of you probably already know this, but I believe it is getting worse. About 3 weeks ago my car was stolen from Macmahon stadium, thankfully it was recovered with only subs missing and minor damage. I finally got my car back on friday of this week, and today, tuesday, Nov. 22, i was parked in Macmahon again, with my car, new alarm system, and club in place. Low and behold i come back to macmahon, and notice when i turn off my alarm, there was no beep. So hmm thats interesting, so I go and pop the hood, and what do you know my alarm cords were CUT, AGAIN. Just this time they weren't able to get into the car/ didn't have enough time/ oh fucking knows. But this is TWICE now in like 3 weeks for my car, and I just don't know what else to do with my car, where the FUCK should i park it now. So if anyone has any tips, or anything. We all really have to find a way to fix/deal with this!!

My Ride
    Honda Civic 1995, 1996 Acura Integra

it's the civics man
    mine's been hit twice in less then 3 months
    tons of civic's been hit..
    it sucks man

No offense, but if you went back to the same spot and you know your car has been broken into, obviously thieves will go back to whats familiar. Unless its somehting personal...got any enemies? been an ass to anyone? Who knows....karmas a bitch...and if i remeber correctly from the last thread of your stolen car, take the ricer parts off...itll attract less attention

ps - ridiculous
    Last edited by lastprodigy; 11-22-2005 at 11:49 PM.

My Ride
    broken POS

my friends car... got broken into then stolen now it's straight screwed...

i had a plan where you just park it near a mall entrance.... school parkings lots no good.. c-trains no good.. thats my best bet.. or else get a camera in it hidden or soemthing? or just sit around your car in someone elses car and find out whos doing it

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

hmm im picturing a beyond bait car program

A guard will cost you about 15-18 to hire.

A few guards, a few hundred people parking. An extra dollar or two a day for patrolled parking. I know you guys probably pay alot but it sounds like the university is not going to change things.

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

Do I hear a stakeout? I think that a few people in other cars around the parking lot with a bit of time on thier hands may solve the theft issues.

My Ride
    T MR2

I do hear stakeout!!!

Let's do it!

My Ride
    German

What can we do? People are getting cars stolen and meanwhile Global has a poll on whether CPS should increase the number of traffic tickets given out so they can make some more money, so cool. Feels great to know they're NOT doing their job.

Originally posted by Dooms_Bane
    my friends car... got broken into then stolen now it's straight screwed...

i had a plan where you just park it near a mall entrance.... school parkings lots no good.. c-trains no good.. thats my best bet.. or else get a camera in it hidden or soemthing? or just sit around your car in someone elses car and find out whos doing it
    I don't think a camera is very useful since if they steal your car...you won't have the tape to look at...
    and when they gut it they'll probably notice it.
    But...bats at walmart are pretty cheap...
    and I have long breaks on Tuesdays
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

i was at Macmahon today and there was this dark green sunfire that was park behind a car and there was a guy just looking around in the car (civic i think it was).

when i went to take a closer look the guy booked it.

so yeah i'd advise not to park there
    http://jj.am/gallery/d/564-2/forceninja2.gif

My Ride
    ...has a CVT :(

Originally posted by HoisinSauce
    i was at Macmahon today and there was this dark green sunfire that was park behind a car and there was a guy just looking around in the car (civic i think it was).

Time to take routine "closer looks" with a big bat in hand!!!

My Ride
    MB C63

this is getting ridiculous almost every other day thers a thread on beyond saying someones car got broken into or stolen

something needs to be done....maybe email global on behalf of beyond and tell them to say something on the news

like when they accused beyond.ca of encouraging street racing

My Ride
    DSM/ MK3 Golf

how about we DO THE STAKE OUT???? i cant risk my car gettin broken into when its out

Alarms without a 2-way pager are absolutely useless. If you don't know your alarm is going off, then you might as well not ave one, because nobody else gives a fuck. How many people are actually going to approach a stranger getting into a car if the alarm is going off? If they aren't acting strange or not panicking then I'd say nobody. Car alarms are so common place now that they don't mean shit unless you're getting alerted via pager/cell phone. And make sure they are hooked into the driveability of the car, so once it's tripped the car won't start. If you don't pay for the good stuff here guys, you're wasting your money. Those two things combined with one of those extendible police batons ar a great deterent.

2 way pager alarm, one bat and one good pair of sneakers.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Come with a buddy one day, park your car, park your friend car right across and place a camera on friends car dash and let it record and observe Make sure your friend drives a pos so they wouldldn't even look at it

Originally posted by lastprodigy
    No offense, but if you went back to the same spot and you know your car has been broken into, obviously thieves will go back to whats familiar. Unless its somehting personal...got any enemies? been an ass to anyone? Who knows....karmas a bitch...and if i remeber correctly from the last thread of your stolen car, take the ricer parts off...itll attract less attention

ps - ridiculous
    He most likely has a parking pass for that particular parking lot. It might not be that simple as just parking somewhere else. They need a real solution, not just a band-aid one.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by SilverBoost
    Alarms without a 2-way pager are absolutely useless. If you don't know your alarm is going off, then you might as well not ave one, because nobody else gives a fuck. How many people are actually going to approach a stranger getting into a car if the alarm is going off? If they aren't acting strange or not panicking then I'd say nobody. Car alarms are so common place now that they don't mean shit unless you're getting alerted via pager/cell phone. And make sure they are hooked into the driveability of the car, so once it's tripped the car won't start. If you don't pay for the good stuff here guys, you're wasting your money. Those two things combined with one of those extendible police batons ar a great deterent.
    2-way pagers dont work if you're out of range either. So really, you're SOL when you're on campus
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '07 Mustang/'05 R6 Raven

Originally posted by HoisinSauce

alright so i was right...one day i was parked beside a blue '92 riced out civic and the guy was going to pop the hood when he saw me and asked "is this your car?" and then got in the sunfire and left. i thought it was a cav before but now with what you said it was probably a sunfire. this was in macmahon and i didn't have paper to write down the LP#.

alright so now hopefully every one has an idea what to look for.

also one of the guys had a shaved head, was in his 20's and was about 6'3 medium build. if any one sees any thing write down the plate!!!
    Epicoque Racing