Quantcast
Recommended Bodyshops in Calgary Area - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Bodyshops in Calgary Area

Screamin Paintworks did the best paint matching job on my car just a few weeks ago. I trust my car will be taken care of there

My Ride

for Maranello, they done two of my cars excellent work.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
    Thanks dude. The S30 is supposed to get total makeover there. But Im still undecided. And no maranello won't take it, I begged and pleaded haha.
    Happy to report my buddies car looks better than new, Cosmos did an absolutely amazing job. They matched the paint perfectly.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Originally posted by KRyn

Happy to report my buddies car looks better than new, Cosmos did an absolutely amazing job. They matched the paint perfectly.
    Awesome to hear! They will be taking my car down to the metal and repainting after the cut and weld.

Maranello has the 964 for some work.
    Submaker.Illest.

This thread was what I was looking for, and my top choices for where I should be going have changed based on it. I trust people on enthusiast forums more than the google reviews.

I've just had a car that is important to me damaged in a collision. The bumper cover, fender, tire, door, and wheel will need work/replacing. Does this change anything; are certain body shops better at custom work rather than fixing collision repair? I'd like them to look at the suspension as well since the tire received enough damage that it went flat.

I'm also concerned the paint will be difficult to match because it's the original paint and it's about 14 1/2 years old now. The other driver was at fault so, as far as I know, cost shouldn't be an issue. It's my first time using insurance and a body shop though so I don't know just yet.

Also, has anyone tried or heard anything about the GSL body shop? I didn't see them on the list, but they were one of my original choices because the car is a Pontiac.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Just got my car back from Maranello. Once again I am extremely happy with them. They are my goto shop for paint and repair. Now only if they would do my S30..
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Maranello is good for body work and part replacement.
    If you have any structural or mechanical damage stay away.
    As long as the car looks good on the outside he's happy.. under the wrapper not so good. Any suspension damage would not recommend.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Had 4 jobs done at screamin in the last 6 months.

1. MK4 jetta rust repair, flawless match for a 12 year old car and great price.
    2. Full front aero on my mr2, again flawless match and flawless finish.
    3. Had some Volks refinished, perfect!
    4. Had a vehicle with them for over a year and a half doing a mini resto, the personal service and the completed job were second to none.

Screamin for ever!
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Originally posted by cancer man
    Maranello is good for body work and part replacement.
    If you have any structural or mechanical damage stay away.
    As long as the car looks good on the outside he's happy.. under the wrapper not so good. Any suspension damage would not recommend.
    That's because they outsource the work if it's mechanical or structure. They are a body shop, not a mechanical shop. It says it in their name. I wouldn't hesitate to bring any of my cars to them, anyday. Hell I would even trust them with my most prized possession if they would take it.

I saw the 964 midnight blue turbo they just repainted. God damn immaculate. Even the porsche guys couldn't fathom how well it was done.
    Submaker.Illest.

Default w

Anyone ever heard of discount autobody or Canadian auto repairs?Any good?

Girlfriend's car got keyed yesterday pretty bad (entire passenger side)...It's a Honda so I don't think Maranello will touch it unfortunately.

Would Screamin' be a good place for something like that? Or do they specialize in other stuff? I assume the area needs to be sanded down and repainted but I am not sure. The scratch is down to whatever is white - I assume the primer. Don't think it's to the metal.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-29-2016 at 10:14 AM.

My Ride
    V8s

Why wouldn't Maranello touch it?

Either way, I'd recommend Screamin over Maranellos. I've had great experience with them.

Originally posted by cjblair
    Why wouldn't Maranello touch it?

Either way, I'd recommend Screamin over Maranellos. I've had great experience with them.
    I thought Maranello only worked on high end Italian, German, etc? People have posted here saying they have turned them down with American cars.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I thought Maranello only worked on high end Italian, German, etc? People have posted here saying they have turned them down with American cars.
    I guess that wouldn't surprise me. I have an Infiniti and they acted like it was a hassle to deal with me when I went there for a quote, they were real douchebags.

I then went over to Screamin to quote the same job. They did it for about 1/2 the price of maranellos, and agreed to guarantee it (which Maranellos expressly said they wouldn't do).

It could also be that Maranellos didn't want to deal with someone young (I was mid-20s at the time), as my dad went there for a quote on a subaru forester a couple months back, and he said they treated him great (and that certainly doesn't fulfil the italian/german car requirement)

Either way -100 for Marnaellos cause they were arrogant assholes, and +100 for Screamin. They were fantastic to deal with.

edit:
    Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
    I'd take it to wherever your insurance company recommends.
    I'd take this advice with a huge grain of salt. There's lots of insurance companies out there that recommend cheap (read: shitty) places.
    Last edited by bjstare; 09-29-2016 at 11:02 AM.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Originally posted by cjblair

I guess that wouldn't surprise me. I have an Infiniti and they acted like it was a hassle to deal with me when I went there for a quote, they were real douchebags.

I then went over to Screamin to quote the same job. They did it for about 1/2 the price of maranellos, and agreed to guarantee it (which Maranellos expressly said they wouldn't do).

It could also be that Maranellos didn't want to deal with someone young (I was mid-20s at the time), as my dad went there for a quote on a subaru forester a couple months back, and he said they treated him great (and that certainly doesn't fulfil the italian/german car requirement)

Either way -100 for Marnaellos cause they were arrogant assholes, and +100 for Screamin. They were fantastic to deal with.
    I took my S4 there in my mid-20's and they treated me great. They also did a mind-blowing repair job. Better than new. That was several years ago though, but I would go back based on that experience. I have read several times now that they are picky about what they work on though. Since this is a smaller job and everyone seems to recommend them, I will most likely take it to Screamin'.

Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
    Given that most insurance companies are OK with shops like A1 Autobody, I would strongly disagree.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-29-2016 at 11:10 AM.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

so...what's a good shop to go to if you have a combo of mechanical (exhaust) damage and body damage? (got rear ended pretty badly recently). i was thinking maranellos or cosmos, but ive never been to either. according to a review or two on google, maranellos may not give the best service in the long run in the case of paint peeling or other issues over time....

Last edited by soupey; 10-03-2017 at 01:17 PM.

My Ride
    QX80,SL600, Utopia 205SE

soupey

We appreciate your feedback in person or on public forums and are happy to take care of any problems/concerns after any repair that we do. We offer a lifetime paint warranty and will take care of any paint appearance differences you may have noticed compared to the factory finish.

Bringing it to our attention solves the problem faster than any forum post. We have an open door policy. Talk to us anytime!

On to the door panel/Audi situation.

The broken door clips were not related to the repair/replacement of your door hinges.

Hinges were replaced/adjusted as per your request and door panel removal was not needed during that procedure

Audi had worked on the panel in the past as per our conversation we had when we did take the panel off at your request to find out why it was loose.

I showed you the broken clips and the inner door cable that also was broken.

We offered free labour to replace the clips if you supplied the clips to us. That was offered as a courtesy.

You declined at that time and were going to approach Audi.

As we never heard back I assumed when you spoke to Audi later that day and they had stepped up to remedy the situation.

After reading this post I now know that they didn't stand by their work. We stand by our repairs and will still be happy to replace the clips for you even though it was not part of our door hinge replacement procedure.

If not there are other choices in the city and I wish you the best in finding an alternate shop for any future repairs you may need.

Thanks!

Dan

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Last edited by soupey; 10-03-2017 at 01:17 PM.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Cosmos. Customer service and the work done was on point!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 LastLast