Quantcast
Non Destructive Testing @ SAIT - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Non Destructive Testing @ SAIT

My Ride
    99 Civic

Default Non Destructive Testing @ SAIT

It's either this of Plumbing

http://www.sait.ca/calendars/conedca...yment/ndt.html

before I go to SAIT for the advisor meeting (next week), I would like to find out more about this course before wasting their time on asking them dumb questions.

If anyone knows anything about this course of a N.D.T then please PM me.
    I just have basic questions such as salary, the job itself, demand, and etc.

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

if you dont do this, dont be a shitter fitter, be a full out Pipe Fitter, way better then plumbing (mind you if your not in a fab shop your out doors) but theres more prestige in being a pipe fitter as well (now i dont mean to knock on the plumbers, im just giving a personal view here)

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    99 Civic

Originally posted by Rockski
    if you dont do this, dont be a shitter fitter, be a full out Pipe Fitter, way better then plumbing (mind you if your not in a fab shop your out doors) but theres more prestige in being a pipe fitter as well (now i dont mean to knock on the plumbers, im just giving a personal view here)
    only reason i chose plumbing as the back up is because i know people in the industry making good money and saying its not as bad as some may believe it to be.
    but my options are definitely open

what way would i be looking at going to becoming a pipe fitter?

My Ride

pretty much same as plumber only your dealing with large bore pipes and mainly carbon steel instead of copper... you pretty much use a level, a square, a tape measurer, center finder and other "mathmatronic" devices, set up a pipe, then a welder comes up behind and sticks it all together..

either way man, the trades are the shit

http://www.local488.ca/

check that link... its my local union (edmonton) plumbers, pipefitters, welders and sprinkler fitters... i just know that out of that union theres more of a call for pipe fitters than plumbers

the way i went (welder, i was gonna be a pipe fitter) was, take entrance exam (if i can pass anybody can, i got a 90%) wait at union hall for job, union hall gave me job, now i make money

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    99 Civic

Originally posted by Rockski
    pretty much same as plumber only your dealing with large bore pipes and mainly carbon steel instead of copper... you pretty much use a level, a square, a tape measurer, center finder and other "mathmatronic" devices, set up a pipe, then a welder comes up behind and sticks it all together..

either way man, the trades are the shit

http://www.local488.ca/

check that link... its my local union (edmonton) plumbers, pipefitters, welders and sprinkler fitters... i just know that out of that union theres more of a call for pipe fitters than plumbers

the way i went (welder, i was gonna be a pipe fitter) was, take entrance exam (if i can pass anybody can, i got a 90%) wait at union hall for job, union hall gave me job, now i make money
    oh nice
    sounds interesting actually
    yeah ive always had trades in the back of my mind but never really decided to do anything about it until now
    thanks for the information

ill definitely have to check out pipe fitting

My Ride

Trades rule man

My Ride
    99 Civic

its a good alternative thats for sure
    but i hope to find more information on the NDT program
    guess nobody knows anything

another person i talked to yesterday talked about pipe fitting
    guess it IS as good as you say it is

My Ride

'f course it is