Quantcast
Race Riots Erupt In Sydney! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Race Riots Erupt In Sydney!

Red face Race Riots Erupt In Sydney!

By Les Kennedy, Damien Murphy, Malcolm Brown and Tim Colquhoun
    December 12, 2005
    Page 1 of 3 | Single page

RACIAL violence erupted in several Sydney suburbs last night in retaliation for a rampage by thousands of young residents through Cronulla that turned the seaside suburb into a battlefield.

Political, community and religious leaders joined stunned locals to condemn an afternoon of violence by a crowd that turned on people of Middle Eastern appearance and those trying to protect them, with police and ambulance officers also attacked.

As the violence spread, police cars raced through Sydney streets from Cronulla to Miranda, Brighton-le-Sands, Rockdale, Maroubra, Woolooware and Tempe. Police said they had received reports of firearms being "flashed" threateningly but not discharged. "So far we have had no one shot," an officer said.

A 23-year-old man was in St George Hospital in a serious condition after a fight in Woolooware about 10.25pm. A radio report said he had a knife embedded in his back. Police said the man was with friends when he had an altercation outside a golf club with a "group of males of Mediterranean or Middle Eastern appearance".

In Brighton-le-Sands a group of people were reported to have taken down the Australian flag at the Brighton RSL Club and burnt it in the street. Youths were seen at a garage filling bottles with petrol in nearby Monterey.

Police closed Marine Parade, Maroubra, where people converged in vehicles on the beachfront and began fighting with locals including members of the Bra Boys surf gang. Police said 50 carloads of youths smashed more than 100 vehicles with baseball bats and other weapons. In the same suburb a young girl was punched in the face.

In Rockdale police gathered in riot gear following reports of youths armed with crowbars near the train station after 10pm, a car driver trying to run down a police officer, and items being thrown at police cars in Bay Street, Brighton-le-Sands. The street was blocked off.

Around North Cronulla beach and the surrounding streets, drunk teenagers communicated with each other on walkie-talkies about rumoured sightings of Lebanese gangs.

Commanders from the Bankstown and Campsie patrols were on alert amid fears of outbreaks of violence. Shortly before midnight police received reports of a convoy of up to 40 carloads of youths heading from Punchbowl Oval to the eastern suburbs.

By 12.30am today there were reports of 20 cars with men of Middle Eastern appearance at a BP petrol station in Cronulla, throwing rocks.

At least 13 people were injured during the earlier violence in Cronulla - including five police - and 12 people had been arrested last night.

Full Article
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Honda

Yeesh....

When are people going to get over skin color?

My Ride
    B5 tdi avant

Lol I'm 2 and a half hours from Sydney right now - people were text messaging fight locations and shit like that.

The middle eastern thing isn't like the taxi driving guys, it's all the middle eastern gangs and shit that.. and they're pretty savage, at least down here they are - I know they'd be worse up there in Sydney. It seems all the fights at school happen because of either the asian gangs, or the middle eastern / cypris,turkey,greek,italian gangs..

It isn't right to go out in an all out war with other people.. I don't think thats cool - but I'm kind've sick of being afraid to walk around places I know gangs like this hang out :x
    Originally posted by Grogador
    Shoulda threw in a "no homo" somewhere... cuz... yeah...
    Originally posted by turbotrip
    seems like a recipe for rape
    toexistphoto.com

cant say i blame the middle eastern people for fighting back, but its still a sad occurance

ps. fuck that bitch they quoted in the full article, ignorant cow
    Last edited by charizard; 12-11-2005 at 09:11 PM.

My Ride
    2007 subaru impreza

Idiots.

Anarchy down under...

Not surprised considering Australia hasn't been very tolerate of foreigners from past history.

every caucasian country has its share of white supremacists.

just have to put up with their stupidity once in a while I guess.

thats brutal, i've heard that australia can be bad for racism..
    "I think 90% of motorcycle racing is between the ears." -Kevin Schwantz

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by ex1z7
    Lol I'm 2 and a half hours from Sydney right now - people were text messaging fight locations and shit like that.

The middle eastern thing isn't like the taxi driving guys, it's all the middle eastern gangs and shit that.. and they're pretty savage, at least down here they are - I know they'd be worse up there in Sydney. It seems all the fights at school happen because of either the asian gangs, or the middle eastern / cypris,turkey,greek,italian gangs..

It isn't right to go out in an all out war with other people.. I don't think thats cool - but I'm kind've sick of being afraid to walk around places I know gangs like this hang out :x
    So are you saying this is in retaliation to the gangs?

If it is, good.

AS long as its not purely racial.

Originally posted by tawheed
    thats brutal, i've heard that australia can be bad for racism..
    Yup, settlers were ex-cons from Great Britain. What happened to the Aborigines? There's your answer.

I've heard the riot broke out (pro-Australians) due to some Lebanese individuals that was in a fight with a life guard. Apparently, Aussies didn't want them on their beach and just blew a gasket.

Either way you look at it, it's crazy.

So who wants to fight over Sikome??

My Ride
    Civic SI / Ducati Monster

Originally posted by Foz
    So who wants to fight over Sikome??

Sikome =

Cowards. If they want to assault middle eastern people so bad; why dont they start their campaigns where their government sent the their troops (Iraq and Afghanistan).

I don't care what the reasons are, that picture is DISGUSTING. 50 on 1??? Fricken cowards, they should be shot. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in that guy's position, I'd be terrified.

Why do these people live there, if this is what they have to go through? They'd be better off in Canada, US or UK, if they want to live in a western, English speaking society, I'd think.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Default Re: Race Riots Erupt In Sydney!

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    [B]
    ... began fighting with locals including members of the Bra Boys surf gang.
    They are supposed to be intimadating? Who came up with a name like that?

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

i guess the auzzie guys got fed up with being pushed around my muslum gangs so they striked back, its unfortunate for the innocent people getting shit kicked but its good that they are standing up against the racial gangs, they just need to be more specific of who they beat down, just because they look simliar doesnt make them bad people.

^You're making it sound like they're doing something good, and making a small mistake. But its like some random person on beyond scams me, so I go to your house and beat you to a pulp with a baseball bat and a machete. Its no better than if I hadn't been scammed and did it, because I'm hitting someone who had nothing to do with it. If they were white gangs, then you wouldnt have the white people beating up random white people. It would make no sense. If some white guy punches me, so I walk down the street and knock out some other random white guy who just happened to be there, I'm completely wrong. These white people who are in the picture are horrible scum, and arent fit to live. It's that simple.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

yeah what im trying to say is if/when they beat down the gang members who are going around stabbing people and beating down life guards for no reason, its good, i was saying i feel sorry for the innocent ones getting beat up

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-04-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Yah I have to agree with civicrider on this one , this just didnt happen out of the blue , the media is obviously covering something up. But it really sucks for the innocent people to get beat to shit by some bandwagon morons. I hate seeing this shit , it makes me sick of human kind.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast