Quantcast
Break ins and car thefts, U of C campus. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Break ins and car thefts, U of C campus.

My Ride
    ZZT231 / R1

Default Break ins and car thefts, U of C campus.

Anyone else had their car broken into or stolen while parked on the U of C campus or close to it?

My car was broken into last week and I've talked to a number of other people who've experienced similar things.

I'm trying to deduce whether or not there's an abnormally high number of these things going on...

yes
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    FJC, S30

you guys know whast funny tho. they can afford to get campus security darangos and new 4 runners but they cant keep an eye on our cars, even tho we pay for parking! you think with the amount we pay them everyday for parking they can hire 1 or 2 rent a cops to look out for anythign suspicous in a freakin parking lot.
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Just a handful of threads, there seems to be a new story every month.

http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s...der=descending
    Travel

Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
    you guys know whast funny tho. they can afford to get campus security darangos and new 4 runners but they cant keep an eye on our cars, even tho we pay for parking! you think with the amount we pay them everyday for parking they can hire 1 or 2 rent a cops to look out for anythign suspicous in a freakin parking lot.
    I'm sure they don't care, it doesn't affect them. Maybe smash a toll booth everytime a car is stolen and they will start to care.

My Ride
    firebird

Yeah I've heard about this as well.

My friend also got her laptop stolen last two nights ago from Scurfeild Hall when she went to the bathroom. I guess there was even people in the classroom where she was studying and they didnt say anything to the POS that stole it.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Mckenzie

My friend also got her laptop stolen last two nights ago from Scurfeild Hall when she went to the bathroom. I guess there was even people in the classroom where she was studying and they didnt say anything to the POS that stole it.
    watch ebay. One of my buddies laptops got stolen from teh school and it showed up on ebay a week later...I'm not sure what he's doing about it. I know he put the highest bid down but whether he was going to drop kick the dude in the face or get the police involved I'm not really sure.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Mckenzie

Thats really worrying man, I always study there and when I go to the bathroom I usually don't take it with me (because it looks bad when you walk out with a laptop

I hope your friend gets her notebook back
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    firebird

haha yeah I do it too....I guess thats what happens when you get complacent.

I guess we are all now better informed of scum bag fuckers stealing stuff from poor students.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    88' BMW 325i

ya my buddy's car was stolen from McMahon a month ago, and after looking for it for a week and taking the bus, it was found in airdrie??....then it got broken into AGAIN this week but wasnt stolen this time (because he bought one of those steering locks)....