Quantcast
MADD Against Weed - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MADD Against Weed

such class hahaha the_fornicator well put, i will safer in a car where somebody is driving high, just for the fact that my friends dont drive stupid, they drive the speed limit, drive in a straight line, and have no problems stopping at reds lights stop signs, slowing down for schoolzones and playground zones (when in effect) so i dont know i dont like female drivers, for example yesterday i was coming home from work and i get fingered by one lady for no reason, because i didnt let her in my lane, which i DONT HAVE TOO(unless its a merge) and got tailed about 3-5 times just last night by a lady driving a van, or big ass car. would i feel safe driving with somebody like that no, would i be safe with somebody who doesnt get close to the cars in front of him because he doesnt want to hit it, yes. ive driven high not saying you should or shouldnt, its up to every person to do what they want. but driving with somebody that is high isnt my concern, its the other people on the road that make it dangerous.

Originally posted by 3g4me
    I smoke regularly and i think that it does inpair you as a driver, no matter how much experience in smoking you have. Its a drug, and it fucks you up.

and I have done it --- There are enough dumb asses out there on the road every day, much less people who are Impaired by something else.... Smoking, drinking, cell phones etc..

Just to throw in a curve ball...

Now I by no means advocate driving under the influence of anything that impairs your ability to make quick judgements in an emergency situation, but in all reality, what about people who speed, drive aggressively etc?

So many people are talking about the fact that driving under the influence is unsafe (and it is), but I would bet if all the statistics were gone over with a fine tooth comb you would find out that in the vast majority of accidents you would see that speed and/or aggressive driving plays a huge factor in thier cause. The faster you go, the longer it takes to stop, plain and simple. Combine speed and impairment and you have an even worse cocktail.

I say this because the vast majority of users on this board are auto enthusiasts, and I would venture to bet that most of the people here who stand up against impaired driving (drugs or alcohol) are NOT people who only drive the speed limit, don't corner aggressively, never tailgate, or are always calm and courtious to other drivers.

So my point is that if people are willing to take a stand against one aspect of road safety but not another, isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Now please nobody take this as a slam as I am just as guilty as anybody in regards to not always having done what is right. Hell, I work in the automotive performance industry and many of the items I sell are designed to improve the ability to drive fast, so this probably makes me one of the biggest hypocrites!

If we all think about it, driving stoned does not cause as many accidents etc as compared to a lot of other things we do behind the wheel every day and that we consider to be no big deal. (again, this in no way is to justify driving impaired in any way) In the end, we all have to look inside and make a lot of adjustments if we really want to be safe on the road instead of hiding behind the illusion of safety...

Just a thought...

^ very good point, that is true you cant make the roads safer just goin after one aspect of safety.

Originally posted by Evo prec
    ^ very good point, that is true you cant make the roads safer just goin after one aspect of safety.
    But you cant say the roads will never get safer because there is something else making them dangerous.

If you want to make things safer you take out the culprits one at a time.

yeah sry didnt make that clear, they cant make the roads safer just goin after one aspect and only one aspect of safety, they will need to target all aspects but over time, cause your right they wont be able to do much if they fill their plate with so many things, take them out one at a time, and they roads will soon be safe IMO.

Originally posted by sputnik

But you cant say the roads will never get safer because there is something else making them dangerous.

If you want to make things safer you take out the culprits one at a time.
    Agreed, but my point is that the vast majority of us have much more damaging and dangerous, accident causing habits behind the wheel than driving after smoking pot...

Again, not advocting driving stoned, but I am much more concerned about other more socially accepted road safety issues than just villifying stoners... I personally think that one of the reasons that you don't see as much a fuss made about speeding etc is that the provinces/country make copious quantities of cash with it. Speeding tickets are essentially a tax to drive fast...

My point being that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, at least not without turning the other the other way first. One must look inside and determine what they can do for themselves to help make the roads safer before they chastise others.

You have to start somewhere

I believe that there has been government pressure to ban the use of cell phones while driving for a while now. So just because that pot use makes the news doesnt mean that they are singling out pot to all road problems... or even the worst one.

Originally posted by sputnik
    You have to start somewhere

I believe that there has been government pressure to ban the use of cell phones while driving for a while now. So just because that pot use makes the news doesnt mean that they are singling out pot to all road problems... or even the worst one.
    I would definitely agree with you. Again, I am just saying that it is hard to argue against one when you partake in the other (not saying *YOU* per say) and that it is an interesting observation that the government will approach one aspect of safety differently than another when they stand to make (or lose) profit.

Personally, I think that they should approach things from the perspective that the most serious and dangerous activities should be attacked first, and then go down the list as the means become available.

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by CMSbob
    I would definitely agree with you. Again, I am just saying that it is hard to argue against one when you partake in the other (not saying *YOU* per say) and that it is an interesting observation that the government will approach one aspect of safety differently than another when they stand to make (or lose) profit.

Personally, I think that they should approach things from the perspective that the most serious and dangerous activities should be attacked first, and then go down the list as the means become available.
    Actually this thread was not a thing about government approaching one thing different than another, it was about MADD( Mothers against drunk driving) advertising campaigns directed towards awareness of the issue.

Last edited by tirebob; 12-21-2005 at 12:28 PM.

Last edited by tirebob; 12-21-2005 at 12:28 PM.

Sorry man, I did realize that... I was making a comment on society and unsafe driving.

Special interest groups will always approach it from the aspect that directly concerms themselves, and MADD is a great organization that has done a lot to make the roads safer, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there are other areas that pose as big, or even bigger, a threat to public safety than pot and driving... And again to be clear, I am not suggesting in any way, shape, or form that driving impaired is not a big deal.

frostyda9 Guest

Originally posted by CMSbob
    my point is that the vast majority of us have much more damaging and dangerous, accident causing habits behind the wheel than driving after smoking pot...
    When I used to smoke weed, I felt an absolute sense of focus when I drove high. I was not distracted by anything, driving the car and being acutely aware of my surroundings was literally the only thing on my mind. I by no means condone doing it, but if it affects you like it used to affect me, you know exactly what I mean...and you see why some people will not be so quick to judge it as absolutely terrible and horribly dangerous.

Honesty their are several things that make people impaired to drive.... No matter what the issue is, they all need to be fixed and harder punishments the first time around, to make them think twice about what they are doing when getting behind the wheel of a vehicle..... I love to drive fast, and getting a speeding ticket once in awhile does not make me think twice ---- Sad to say ---- But if they was going to put my ass in jail or something worse, I would stop speeding because I would not want to spend one hour in jail--- so a harder fine to pay for speeding would slow my ass down .......

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

I'm madd against weed. too

Originally posted by Toms-SC

Is it illegal = check
    Can it cause self harm = check
    Can it impare your judgement = check

Maybe you could attempt to explain the differences you see?
    Weed Causes NO harm yet proven in tests, and yes i have proof from asking a doctor FACE to face. It can impare people diffrent ways, i can smoke a whole ounce and still be able to drive, and yes i have done that before

Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
    ^^

if u think driving high is less "tragic" then driving plastered then u are a complete and utter MORON

+1 for this MADD motion
    -20 For MADD motion, but yah drinking is so much worse then bud.

Originally posted by rage2

I agree with googe. Weed and alcohol are 2 totally different beasts that are simply not comparible. The reason why there's very little stoner car accidents is because unlike alcohol, weed makes people paranoid. When they're really high, you can't make 'em drive. Laziness has to do with it too I think .

Also with weed, there are people who can drive high, and people who can't (I fall under the can't categeory). Again, paranoia makes me never drive high. Alcohol? Makes people confident, thus lots of drunk driving incidents.

I can say that I've taken cold medicine and drove years ago, much more dangerous than driving high. I see lots of people do that everyday.

I just think there's a lot more dangerous impairments to target than weed smokers who drive high.
    i agree since i can smoke and drive with ease.

Originally posted by the_fornicator

marijuana was only made illegal back in the early 1900's because of the anti-asiatic act. not because it was wreckless.

caffiene does the latter 2 of your examples so are you gonna start shitting down coffee drinkers' throats?

learn how to make a point first in an argument before you pick a side.

weed affects everybody differently so to say that it's an outright impairment is irresponsible. main point is that people should simply learn some personal restraint when it comes to smoking dope.
    yah caffiene can f you up haha if you drink alot but i don't drink that much caffiene so i owuldn't know if thats true.

----------
    Smoking weed while driving is one of the simpilest things i've done, now i know people who smoke a bowl and couldn't drive worth sh*t, but i could smoke as much as i want of any type and still drive i'll prove it to just sya how much and the kind and i'll have a pic of it in 2 months after i grow it so anyone want to challenge me just send a pm, unless ur the feds, gotta keep away from them
    Legalize It

My Ride

Originally posted by nvrsummerboards

Weed Causes NO harm yet proven in tests, and yes i have proof from asking a doctor FACE to face. It can impare people diffrent ways, i can smoke a whole ounce and still be able to drive, and yes i have done that before

uhh ok

I'm no newb to smoking weed, and I do smoke quite regularily and in copious amounts, but common man. There's a difference between enjoying weed and being in complete denial (or clueless).

The post you made looks like what someone who has never actually smoked, but pretends he has would make. I've never heard of someone smoking an ounce in one sitting by themself. Out of curiousity, do you know how much weed an ounce actually is? Do you seriously expect anyone to believe you smoke 28 grams of weed in a single sitting? You do realize that after you smoke a certain amount of weed in one sitting, smoking any more will just cause you to burn out faster and will actually reduce your high? Not to mention I think your lungs would go into respirtory distress halfway through trying to smoke a whole ounce even if it was just to prove a point. And oh yeah, marijuana smoke contains carcigins (sp?) so I dont get how it doesnt cause any harm to your lungs, especially after someone like you smokes 28 grams of it in one sitting.

My Ride
    2006 Civic, Lifted Locked flat black Jeep YJ

Originally posted by 5hift

uhh ok

I'm no newb to smoking weed, and I do smoke quite regularily and in copious amounts, but common man. There's a difference between enjoying weed and being in complete denial (or clueless).

The post you made looks like what someone who has never actually smoked, but pretends he has would make. I've never heard of someone smoking an ounce in one sitting by themself. Out of curiousity, do you know how much weed an ounce actually is? Do you seriously expect anyone to believe you smoke 28 grams of weed in a single sitting? You do realize that after you smoke a certain amount of weed in one sitting, smoking any more will just cause you to burn out faster and will actually reduce your high? Not to mention I think your lungs would go into respirtory distress halfway through trying to smoke a whole ounce even if it was just to prove a point. And oh yeah, marijuana smoke contains carcigins (sp?) so I dont get how it doesnt cause any harm to your lungs, especially after someone like you smokes 28 grams of it in one sitting.

Originally posted by 5hift

uhh ok

are you stupid or have you not heard of vaporizers, and i've been smoking since iwas 10 and so im really immune to it so it takes alot to get me high.
    Last edited by nvrsummerboards; 01-17-2006 at 01:53 AM.
    Legalize It

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast