Quantcast
Condo's in Edmonton - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Condo's in Edmonton

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Default Condo's in Edmonton

I am now in the market for a condo that I can move into it around April but no later then May 1st as that is when my residence lease expires. I have been looking on MLS but haven't seen anything tasteful. Do any of you have any idea's as to where to look? Post anything you got. Thanks in advance!

Here is my criteria:

- 2 bedroom + den
    - 1000 sq ft. +
    - perferably more than 1 bathroom
    - MUST have in-suite laundry
    - MUST have dishwasher (I HATE res. for that)
    - pretty good condition (paint is OK, but carpet, tile, lino, hardwood or w/e must be excellent)
    - looking at the Heritage area, but something close to Southgate mall or close to U of A
    - QUITE
    - parking spot
    - pets allowed (I am seriously looking at getting a cat )

BUDGET: MAX $120 000

2 friends of mine bought a place in August in Heritage for $110 000 and it is perfect, but I haven't seen anything up for sale there like theirs in that area but I know with my price range I can find something, exp. with a cheaper real estate market!

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

I am going to school at the U of A and am looking around for a condo to hopefully purchase next year (September). I've looked around the Old Strathcona area for condos are honestly, you need a bigger budget for what you are looking for. My guess is around $150,000 - 175,000.

That's the price range i'm shootin for. Take a look though, I'm sure there are some deal around. I'm specifically looking for stuff that is within a block or two of campus, so prices are a bit more expensive for what I'm looking for.

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Originally posted by SteveMo600
    I am going to school at the U of A and am looking around for a condo to hopefully purchase next year (September). I've looked around the Old Strathcona area for condos are honestly, you need a bigger budget for what you are looking for. My guess is around $150,000 - 175,000.

That's the price range i'm shootin for. Take a look though, I'm sure there are some deal around. I'm specifically looking for stuff that is within a block or two of campus, so prices are a bit more expensive for what I'm looking for.
    yea, ive looked there but didnt like much...

i was going to build new for 180 with all my upgrades and all that but then my friends bought there place and that seems to be the going rate in THAT area... at ~60K cheaper i have room to upgrade as i please and plus i save a huge amount of $$... they told me just to be patient and as soon as one comes up jump on it... i guess will see....

yea, i live on east campus and its great being walking distnace to school but its WAY to noisy and i wouldn't mind driving or busing to school (if we get a upass next year or i might as well drive)

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

yea, ive looked there but didnt like much...

i was going to build new for 180 with all my upgrades and all that but then my friends bought there place and that seems to be the going rate in THAT area... at ~60K cheaper i have room to upgrade as i please and plus i save a huge amount of $$... they told me just to be patient and as soon as one comes up jump on it... i guess will see....

yea, i live on east campus and its great being walking distnace to school but its WAY to noisy and i wouldn't mind driving or busing to school (if we get a upass next year or i might as well drive)
    That sounds like a good plan, just be patient and act quickly when something that you do like becomes available.

I would think twice about driving to school if you outside walking distance. I looked into parking passes and it costs upwards of $100 per month to park on campus. I don't think we'll be getting the UPASS next year, but ya never know, they may surprise us.

I calculated driving costs and it was about the same as paying an extra $100-$200 a month for rent to get something basically on campus.

Just some thoughts. Good luck on finding something though!