Quantcast
Please help... car transaction gone bad. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please help... car transaction gone bad.

Default Please help... car transaction gone bad.

there's a guy in BC that was looking to purchase a car from eBay. the owner of the car is from Calgary.

he was interested in buying the car and contacted the seller. here is what happened in the owner's words (posted on ToyotaNation forum http://www.toyotanation.com/showthre...144#post119144):

"I worte in a few times about that yellow civic for sale in alberta, 5k he told me and we were going to meet in penticton (half way) so i can get it checked out to make sure its worth 5k, well... i send him a down payment of 500 plus his gas money, 50 bucks, plus his bus trip money back 75 bucks = 625.00 that i had to borrow. Anyways less then a few hours after i send it (through paypal) the guy dissapeared with my cash and deleted both his email addys.... Yea 625 may seem like pennies to some of u and u may not care cause its my loss and not urs but with working at walmart its alot to pay off~!!! Heres the site from ebay about the car (i diddnt buy it on ebay cause he said he couldnt put it on anymore caue he owed them money so i bought it off.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=2911716482 URL edited by rage2

So that shows his VIN# and everythign so if you guys could put a few min in each to help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Im sure some of you guys know all about this stuff and how to deal with it."

is this person a part of Beyond.ca or does anyone know of this person and car? the buyer may pursue a police investigation if this person does not respond back to him soon.

i hate it when shit like this happens.

thanks.

-rayray

My Ride
    a wrx.

the ebay is dead. describe the civic....this sorta shit sucks..

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You should complain to Paypal. They will get your money back right away without any problems. Paypal's policy is "buyer's always right".
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

VIN # JHMED7361KS800542
    AB Tag: YEH934
    Travel

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by rage2
    You should complain to Paypal. They will get your money back right away without any problems. Paypal's policy is "buyer's always right".

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I would call the RCMP too.

His License plate is on one of the pictures...

Originally posted by rage2
    Last I checked Paypal's Buyer Protection program only was valid to people in the US?

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

hahahaha... those photos look like they were taken by Wes of Albertacars... those angles and what not are sorta his style! LOL

Peter

thanks for editing the link for me rage2. some of the pics seem to be broken on teh eBay page. but i was able to track this one down of the car.

i'll let the buyer know your suggestions but keep them coming if you have more. i thought that somebody here would know the owner of the car at least since it's Calgary based (actually the ad says Lethbridge now that i look at it) and it's not the most discreet car out there.

-rayray

My Ride
    Noodle

if you want, you can do a check on the vin which will tell you what has been done to the car and where it has done, then phone some of the places it's been to and ask if you can get info about the guy, they may not be able to give you info, but it's an idea anyway, or just go to the police, you have the licence plate number

My Ride
    Noodle

btw: you can do this at autocheck.com, it will cost 14.99 USD to get it done but it might be worth it, here is what i found out so far
    car check

My Ride
    Honda

This car looks exactly like one that I see in Lethbridge everyday.
    It's pretty unique, and not hard to identify.
    The owner lives a few blocks away from me.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

My Ride
    Noodle

yeah, i was thinking that too alex, but i wasn't sure and didn't want to say anything if i was wrong, I live near him too, I will keep my eye out too

edit: man, I use too, way too much

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by Phats
    yeah, i was thinking that too alex, but i wasn't sure and didn't want to say anything if i was wrong, I live near him too, I will keep my eye out too
    Yeah man, the Civic near us is the exact same color, exact same generation, exact same mods, and the owner is selling it. I'm almost 100% sure it's the same person.

My Ride
    a wrx.

"zex nos" haha

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

We should have a big nut sack kicking meet down there in Deathbridge -- fucking give him a quick sack or two! Hey yellow civic driver... if you are here on this board... a big FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. FUCKING LONERS LIKE YOU GET NO WHERE IN LIFE!!!!!!!

*end rant until I meet this shit*

Has anyone thought that the person with the Paypal account who received the $650 MIGHT NOT EVEN OWN THE CAR?

Just grab some other persons picture and a VIN and post it up.
    Ask some mark for a deposit and take off with it.
    If no one falls for it, cancel auction, repost or find another cool picture.

If the purchaser was on his toes, he could have compensated the seller AFTER he actually showed up.

This is just speculation though, but this might be a variation of a 'make them pay up-front' scam which is very common.
    Internet makes it very easy.
    Clever huh?
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    2000 civic SIR

I agree with you there .. someone was selling my car on ebay .. they found my pictures on a website somewhere.. but good luck dealing with ebay they aren't the easiest people to get ahold of....

My Ride
    a MILF

I was gonna bid on that car!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast