Quantcast
futureshop employment - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: futureshop employment

Default futureshop employment

anyone have any experience working at futureshop? or anyone work at futureshop currently??
    can u guys/gals tell me what its like?? do u guys like it??

My Ride
    Highlander

A couple of my really good friends work there...they've all been there for a really long time so I'm assuming it doesn't suck too bad...gram (ancient) works at future shop so talk to him, he can fill you in

Melinda

My Ride
    a wrx.

what position at future shop? cashier? sales? customer service? management? janitorial?

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    what position at future shop? cashier? sales? customer service? management? janitorial?
    im thinking sales..
    also, what does it take to get a p/t job there??

My Ride
    93 Prelude SR-V

To get the job.... Usually sales experience and luck

We do mad hiring around november every year, but we are hiring always just gotta drop off a resume.

I like the job and it pays well, when its busy.
    Its fun to work ther and if you like the area you work in it can be fun.

ie I work in Car audio, plus I sell home theather stuff tvs etc.

I've worked ther for about 2 years now.

My Ride
    A l337 chair

I cant handle sales. The customer would be like "Umm do you have Game Box or X-Cube?" then I'd start and I'd get fired.
    Last edited by mrmattyk; 03-01-2003 at 04:12 PM.

You like working on commission??
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

If you are good at what you do commission is great.
    Travel

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Ben
    If you are good at what you do commission is great.

My Ride
    2013 Focus ST

I worked there as customer service through highschool. It was a good job as those kind of jobs go.

Pete

My Ride
    93 Prelude SR-V

Yes I work on commision

My Ride
    99 Civic

I hated working at Electronic places.... I worked for Visions and International Stereo and I just cant handle the stress..... I wasnt good on working on commission because I hated being so pushy. On the other hand, my friend whom works at Future Shop said its the best job he's ever had so..... depends on what kind of person you are, if you dont mind being pushy then this job is for you.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by SI-vic
    I hated working at Electronic places.... I worked for Visions and International Stereo and I just cant handle the stress..... I wasnt good on working on commission because I hated being so pushy. On the other hand, my friend whom works at Future Shop said its the best job he's ever had so..... depends on what kind of person you are, if you dont mind being pushy then this job is for you.

Thats because you suck at being a sales person.

A good sales person can sell all day long without once being pushy. Sometimes you have to assume the sale, but being pushy is only something the inexperienced people do.

Develop and show a need for the product in an assertive and correct mannor and you should never have a problem putting bread on the table.
    Travel

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

Worked there through most of University. It used to be a lot of fun. And then it got to be a shark tank with very few fishes. In the end I really hated it. But can't deny the money was good.

Overall, if you are looking at a good paying part time job, sales at fshop is the way to go. Go heads down and sell and go home, don't get caught up in any of the BS there. It is also dependant on the store. Macleod without a doubt is a high stress store, Northlands and Shaugnessy is better but traffic is slow. Horizon is not as stressful, with good traffic.

It's also been awhile since I've worked there so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I did work there for 4 years and still know most of the management there.

futureshop is alright... it's fun having a job that doesn't feel like work. you hang out and chat with people. I've only had a few customer's who were "problematic" but in general the customer's are nice.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by Ben

Thats because you suck at being a sales person.

A good sales person can sell all day long without once being pushy. Sometimes you have to assume the sale, but being pushy is only something the inexperienced people do.

Develop and show a need for the product in an assertive and correct mannor and you should never have a problem putting bread on the table.
    I agree with that completely...I'm in sales as well and my style is definetly not pushy. I might ask them a couple more questions as in "did you want to take that" to prod the sale on but by no means do I push anything on anyone cause I don't want them coming back and bitching at me that I sold them something they didn't need.

A lot of people I know have tried sales and they got out of it right away and don't understand how I can do it and make good cash outta it. In my opinion sales is one of the easiest jobs out there! Just talk to people and you make cash! What's better than that!

My Ride
    93 Prelude SR-V

Usually people who don't like to talk to people, or can't talk to people, suck talking to people, are just too nice in general, suck at being sales people.

My Ride
    E90 335i

IMO sales is a skill you either have or don't. In a high volume sales environment like FS, you either sink or swim, you'll find out pretty quick if you have it or not! If you have it, making money has never been easier, if not, start looking for a new job!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

My fiancee worked there for 2 years or so while she was in university, she seemed to enjoy it. She worked at the Horizon (NE) store.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by ancient
    Usually people who don't like to talk to people, or can't talk to people, suck talking to people, are just too nice in general, suck at being sales people.
    thats not always true...i think i am the definition of "hate people in general", but im actually pretty damn good at sales. ive gotten more than one offer from fs to be a sales guy with them. heh, but for now ill stick with being paid wages

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast