Quantcast
World Juniors - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: World Juniors

Originally posted by Hakkola
    I'd file a complaint, IIHF should be prepared enough that things like that shouldn't happen. How about another ref?

IMO it's tainted gold, I feel bad for the Russians. If the goal counted it would have been 2-1 and then who knows what would have happened. Then there's Pogge with extended shut out streak minutes which he didnt deserve because the puck got by him.

Edit - Seems like CMAN is the only other guy in here who knows how sports work. The fact that the goal didn't count is HUGE. Anybody who says it would have been 5-1 is an idiot. Tactics change depending on the score, when you're down by 2 you have to play a way more open game making it easier for the opposition to score more because you're not paying as much attention to defence.

Also Pogge kept hacking at Russian players as well etc...

Finland winning is awesome though.
    I played hockey longer than youve been alive so I know how sports work hero.

Also anyone that doesnt know that things like this happen all the time is an idiot. Its part of the game.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

mcguire is a homer haha.

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

to whomever said that canada being and underdog is like Brazil being an under dog at this years world cup. No matter who we send, their still gonna be some of the best players in the world.

I hadnt actually thought about it that way

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by rbau493

I played hockey longer than youve been alive so I know how sports work hero.

Also anyone that doesnt know that things like this happen all the time is an idiot. Its part of the game.
    Just because something happens that doesn't make it right. For games like this at this level of play there should be more than one ref. It sucks that the goal didn't count, I'm not saying Canada would have lost, I think they still would have won, but we cant know that, and we can't know that the score would have been 5-1.

My Ride
    impreza

If all of you hate the tsn broadcasters so much, what do you think of cbc, sportsnet and flames ppv?

Tsn by far has the best broadcasters, and puts together a much better broadcast in everyway, from director cutting from different camera angles to commentary and interviews.

I honestly don't know what you guys are watching. Sure a couple comments might be brutal, but at least he KNOWS what he is talking about.

My Ride
    08.5 Mazdaspeed 3

Default Re: Re: Pierre McGuire

Originally posted by Despair*

Yeah, this color commentator is a real tool. I was very tempted to mute the sound of the game after I heard his comment about the Russian player being the "personification of imbellishment" when he commented on the Russian going down like a sack of bricks. Hopefully I won't have to listen to his useless commentating ever again...
    Yeah but when downie did it, it was just smart hockey.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Exactly what they are saying, when a Canadian player does it: "WOW what an excellent job of drawing a penalty, that's exactly what he is on the team for, to draw penalties and get under teh other team's star players skin".
    when anyone European does it "Look at this guy going down ilke he got shot, that is an embarassment to the game, young players don't ever dive!"

Originally posted by Hakkola

Just because something happens that doesn't make it right. For games like this at this level of play there should be more than one ref. It sucks that the goal didn't count, I'm not saying Canada would have lost, I think they still would have won, but we cant know that, and we can't know that the score would have been 5-1.
    I agree with you 100% on what you said above. I wish the goal was awarded, it probably would have made the game more interesting. But Russia should have asked for the replay right after it happened, not minutes later.

But bad or missed calls are in every sport, its just "part" of the game I guess. You win some you lose some.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8