Quantcast
first motor vehicle fatality of the new year - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: first motor vehicle fatality of the new year

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

if he gets off with a couple years whose down to beat his ass when he gets out. IM sure we can round up a few people. I didnt even know this girl and this guy has pissed me off so badly that i wouldnt think twice about poppin one in his head. And im not a violent person at all.

My Ride
    MDX

How can they not consider someone that fights, comes back with weapons and fights again, then jumps in a vehicle and intentionally drives into a group of people killing one person murder?

Yet if he did all of the same, grabbed a gun, and randomly shot into a group of people and killed someone, it would be 2nd degree murder.

Either way, whether this guy gets off easy or not, his family will be hating life from now on....if his brother was there, or involved, he may as well move somewhere else. His parents will get to deal with the shame of parenting such a fuck, and the grief that the indian community will give them will drive them nuts.

After seeing Rami's folks on TV, and seeing the pain that they are obviously going through, I hope this fuck feels so damn guilty that he offs himself, and looks like even more of a chump.

I did not know Rami personally, I was friends with her brother, I also was friends with Pamma(the 29 year old with broken legs and internal injuries), plus it turns out I knew a lot of people at this party. Had I not accepted an invitation to a boring ass new years party elsewhere, chances are I would have been at Sam's, and got knows what could have happened.

I plan on heading to the funeral this weekend, my 4th in 3 years, if anyone else is going, pm me, maybe we can meet up earlier, of after its over.

My Ride
    E90 335i

I hope there's a special place in hell for people like him.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

Apparently the judge just granted him bail.

My Ride
    MB C63

the system here is fucked

they say a car is like a gun when you are drunk it can kill people...this guy obviously had a "gun" in his hands and used it.

throw him in prison for a few years regardless of his age...who gives a shit if hes devastated of what he did...he knew what he was doing then and he knows what he did so let the fucker suffer.

^ I agree.

My Ride
    E90 330i

Canadian justice system fucking sucks...

Another prime example is the guy that was racing in his vette last summer down here, jumped the curb killed a woman and got nothing but a slap on the hand, no jail time at all!

Apparently if you want to kill someone you should run them over as you are likely to get minimal jail time if any....

My Ride
    V167

From CalgaryHerald.com

Family of hit-and-run victim appalled at accused's release

Global Calgary

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Raminder Dhadda's family and friends were at court for the bail hearing of Samrat Dhuna.

And as Jill Croteau reports, they're shocked and disappointed the accused is being allowed out.

They arrived in court with hopes and prayers for justice.

The family of 24-year-old Raminder Dhadda is determined to honor her memory and make sure she didn't die in vain. In their efforts to make that happen they came armed with a petition protesting the release of the accused.

Harinder Sajjan - Rami's Friend
    These petitions we signed we have over 18 hundred people against the bail hearing. We got over a thousand. This is how strong different communities, this is how strongly we feel. If we need 5 or 10 thousand more we'll go out and get them.”

But despite their opposition, the accused, 18 year old Samrat Dhuna, was released on 5 thousand dollars bail.

Raj Dhadda - Rami's Brother
    I thought the bail would be more severe. This is pocket change they're releasing him on. It just sends the wrong message.”

They say their confidence in the justice system has been shaken.

We're disappointed with conditions he was released on I thought they were going to be a lot more severe.”

And while they lean on one another for support this close knit community of friends and family is vowing to make a difference.

I'm trying to channel my energy into something positive so she didn't die for nothing. Yesterday it was my sister, tomorrow it could be your sons, daughters, brothers or sisters. It's not just an East Indian problem, it's a Calgary problem. You hear there's more and more violence in this city. It's time to take back our city as citizens of Calgary.”

Samrat Dhuna will be appearing in court again on February 16th.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Hopefully this kid doesn't hop on a plane to India before somebody gets a chance to whack him.
    Last edited by Pacman; 01-11-2006 at 09:48 PM.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Raj is acting quite mature in his words. He is a pretty chill guy, but i figured the tragedy would bring out the worst in him. Honestly, wtf is $5000, just hope hes not on his way to Montana right now.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    MB C63

$5000 thats bullshit...and yah thats pretty much pocket change no matter how you look at it

Originally posted by l8braker
    Apparently the judge just granted him bail.
    Well, knowing that whole scene and from the sounds of the people involved.. he wont make his prelim.

My Ride
    MDX

The judge took his passport, and contacted customs and the border. He is considered a flight risk, and is basically under house arrest. Apparently there is a list of 40 witnesses/victims that he is not allowed to contact as well. I spent quite a bit of time with Raj after the funeral, and all I can say is he is handling this far better than I ever could. Rami's funeral was by far the hardest I've ever had to attend, I honestly cant even say how I would react if I were in her family's shoes.

When I heard he got bail for $5000 I was like This losers prob going to bail to the states or even back to India.

The system is

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

But guys... he was "fleeing for his own safety"...

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by jdmakkord
    The judge took his passport, and contacted customs and the border. He is considered a flight risk, and is basically under house arrest.
    READ PEOPLE. No he CANT flee the country and he's not FREE.

He also cant drink, drive, be found under the influence of drugs, has to check in twice a week, and has a curfew.

This POS shoulnd have gotten bail, but w/e, whats done is done, what matters is his conviction!
    Travel

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Someone needs to bend that fucker over and shove a cold ass crowbar up his ass and say "Feeling cold? Wait till you go to hell you'll be fucking hot".
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Anyone knows whats going with Samrat Dhunna? He was supposed to go to court on feb 13th
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

Just saw this on Google Videos. Pretty much all the news and the end has a family discussion for a few minutes.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...45520653488258

My Ride
    2000 Prelude

i am stilll angry over the 5000 bail.. thats retarded.. he killed someone and got out on 5000, from my personal experience mine was 20,000 and i didnt even kill or injure anyone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4