Quantcast
first motor vehicle fatality of the new year - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: first motor vehicle fatality of the new year

My Ride
    MB C63

Originally posted by LudeRoca
    its fags like these ones that make me embarrassed to be East Indian. FUckin idiot dont drop the soap in the shower biotch. And if any of his friends read this, you guys should be deported as well as this fool himself. I bet a million bucks these guys are all immagrants.
    i feel embarressed when my own people fight each other and kill each other in the act. I hope this guy gets life for what he did.

Also condolenses to the family and friends of the victims. I didnt know raminder but i had spoken to her on many accounts at their store and she was a very kind and beatiful person. R.I.P.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by jdmakkord
    Motherfucker!!!!!!!! I knew that girl! I was friends with her brother years ago! I hope that fucking dip that ran her down gets assraped by his cellmates, burns in hell, and all over again.

RIP Raminder, another innocent beautiful soul lost to someone elses stupidity. My condolences to your family, it will be a tough time ahead
    My sentiments exactly Nav...when i found out at work today who it was...man I was sooo choked...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    V167

Saw it on the news tonight and my mom recognized the parents because she goes to the store sometimes. Very sad beginning to a new year.

As for the madarchod who hit them....I hope he gets what he deserves..and more.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Originally posted by nismodrifter

madarchod
    I have not heard that word for the longest time.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    E90 330i

R.I.P Rami

Knew her back in the day and she was an awesome person. This guy will probably get 5-10 and then be free knowing how our system works

My Ride
    2000 323i

RIP Raminder. I didn't know her at all, but this kind of a situation always impacts everyone. I hope that even if our system goes easy on him, in the 10-15 years (he'll be a little bit older when he gets out of there) he realizes that he made such a great decision. I only turned 20 a few weeks ago, and in that last year, I had so much fun, it's insane. I'm glad he's gonna be robbed of a good chunk of his life (hopefully) because for him, it was an easy decision at the time I'm sure...real fucking stupid one, but an easy one for him at the time. I think he should spend life in jail, but I know that in this country, that's simply a pipe dream, and it wouldn't happen. I hope the rest of his life is miserable. and despite not knowing her, I hope that wherever we go after we die, that Raminder is happy. Tragic.
    Mike

My Ride
    Lexus

fucking guy went James Fowler high school with my cousin..

RIP Rami

My Ride
    Anything with four wheels

Why does shit like this happen?

RIP Raminder.

Burn in hell Samrat Ramnik Dhuna.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Originally posted by 00Celica
    this guy was an immigrant, i think he came from india in junior high. And i know it is completely and totally his fault, but if they dont put this fucker in jail for life then i dont know whats wrong wiht our country.
    most he's getting charged with is negligence causing death...not murder unfotunately, which is exactly what this was

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Originally posted by three.eighteen.

most he's getting charged with is negligence causing death...not murder unfotunately, which is exactly what this was
    Even more sad is that Balfour Der will probably volunteer to take up this assholes trial for a very small cost, if not free of charge. So a great defence will hardly cost him.

My Ride
    MB C63

if this son a bitch gets away with a few charges im sure there will be storms of people at city hall or somewhere demanding he be put away. and id be one of them!

fuck this fag after seeing his face and realizing he was only 18 it just makes you think how some people will just never grow up.
    getting rejected from a club makes you want to kill someone sure but its a figure of speech dumbass dont take it literally.

burn in hell bitch

sorry just had to let it out...read the globe article and just made me a little more mad

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

What a pathetic way to start off the new years. These bullshit gangbanger homies have got to stop taking shit personally when they get asked to leave a bar,

RIP

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

RIP, so tragic.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

Sigh. Why do we fight each other fuck.

Karma is a bitch, I hope he has no future for real.

This has left the whole community shaken.. I really felt it when her dad said I hope (the driver) comes to the funeral and realizes what pain the family feels..

everytime I think about it I get this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.. and hope the cops have a hey day on his ass

My Ride
    G35

It is a god dam shame!
    "Who am I? Nevermind who I am.? I know who I am. Do you know who you are?" - Sid from Seinfeld

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...6-3e3edac6af6d

Accused fought before fatal crash
    Car sought after bloody brawl near bar

Sherri Zickefoose and Emma Poole, Calgary Herald
    Published: Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Two earlier run-ins between New Year's Eve party-goers and unwanted guests kept heated tempers brewing, escalating into a terrifying and deadly end, police say.
    # Click to Watch the VideoGlobal National Reports

Raminder Dhadda, 24, was killed instantly early Sunday when an alleged party-crasher speeding down Kensington Crescent in a van plowed into a crowd wandering away from a private New Year's Eve party for 100 at Sam's Bar and Grill.

Police are now confirming a fight between the accused and the group sparked the reckless and deadly ride the wrong way down the one-way street at 2:45 a.m. Sunday.

"We were the last ones to tell these guys to leave," said Lakhy Gill, one of the party guests. "They were threatening to come back. They even said they would come back with guns. He didn't leave quietly."

More charges are pending against an 18-year-old Calgary man after two new victims came forward Monday, according to Sgt. Doug McIlwraith of the traffic unit. Their injuries are considered minor. Police have already laid 11 criminal charges, including impaired driving causing death. Four others were seriously hurt; two are in intensive care at Foothills hospital with broken bones and other traumatic injuries.

The man was turned away at the bar's door about 11 p.m. because the accused, known to some inside, was regarded as a troublemaker. Punches flew outside, and some men from the private party told the unwanted guests not to return.

For the next two hours, the celebration continued, but the man and three friends returned armed with tire irons and wooden sticks, said police.

When party-goers were trickling out of the bar and onto the street about 2:30 a.m., another fight began.

Blood was spilled during the fight with weapons, but the man's outnumbered friends turned tail and began fleeing the scene in a red Honda Civic.

The crowd turned on the car, smashing windows and pounding dents into the metal as it rolled past. Police are searching for the car and want to talk to the people travelling in it.

"(The accused) was part of that group," said McIlwraith. "He saw their vehicle being sieged. He was concerned for his well-being and he wanted to get out of that area."

That's when police say the 18-year-old got behind the wheel and raced down the street without regard for the crowd in the path of his parents' van. The headlights were not on.

People who heard the van's engine revving screamed to warn others to get out of the way, but Dhadda froze, according to her younger sister Simmi, 17.

"He was coming so fast, there wasn't time to get out of the way," she said, adding she ducked out of way when a struck man soared past her head.

Dhadda was hit on the driver's side, and the van's wheels crushed her.

"I heard someone yell 'Rami's down, Rami's not moving,' " said Dhadda's brother Raj, 28, who watched the van hit the crowd and saw bodies fly through the air like rag dolls.

He didn't realize his sister was one of the victims at first.

"I went over and looked at her. There was nothing in her eyes; the life was gone."

His friend Parminder Maharar, 29, and Karen Gill, 23, were also struck and catapulted into a parked Ford SUV. The force of their flying bodies caved the car's side in and shattered a back window. Both victims are in Foothills hospital's intensive care unit with traumatic injuries.

The violent blow knocked Maharar, who weighs about 250 pounds, upside down and out of his shoes, police say. Both of his legs are broken, and his liver is damaged.

Raj ran back inside the bar and grabbed jackets to put under his crumpled friend's head.

"He was trying to get up, he was covered in blood. He was moaning and breathing pretty oddly. I told him to stay down, just breath, the ambulance is coming," he said.

Gill's aunt, Karin Gill, said almost every bone in her niece's body was broken.

She suffered bleeding in her brain, a fractured neck and facial bones, bruised lungs, broken pelvis, and arm and leg fractures.

She remains unconscious but is breathing on her own. On Monday, she wiggled her fingers and toes.

Gill, who was at the party with her niece, said she was unrecognizable after the crash.

"Her face was covered in blood. I recognized her by her boots," she said.

Gill was set to graduate from Marvel College in April, and worked part-time as a server at Chili's restaurant in the north. Her dream is to become a hairstylist.

"She is a fighter," said her aunt.

Dhadda's brother and sister describe the night scene as horrifying.

"It was absolute chaos. People screaming, people lying on the ground, blood everywhere. It was a very sobering moment," said Raj.

One of the injured men, Inder Tumber, was released from hospital Sunday.

In shock, and mourning the loss of his friend, Tumber told the Herald he has re-evaluated his life in the 48 hours since the incident. Long-term plans have been scrapped, said Tumber.

"The plan was to be a paramedic, but I don't think I can do that anymore," said the soft-spoken man.

Dhadda's funeral is planned for noon Sunday at the Calgary Crematorium Chapel at 32nd Avenue and 4th Street N.W.

Police say the accused 18-year-old is being co-operative. Officers arrested him after he tried to outrun police. The bloodied and heavily damaged black van was eventually forced off the road on 16th Avenue N.W.

Samrat Ramnik Dhuna, 18, of Calgary has been charged with criminal negligence causing death and bodily harm, impaired and dangerous driving charges, hit and run causing death and injury, and refusing to take a breath test. He is scheduled to appear in Calgary Provincial Court this morning.
    A couple more:
    http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...aacb7f&k=52346
    http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...a-5ca647813e61

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/...76897-sun.html

Tue, January 3, 2006
    Details of death emerge
    Family says accused hit-and-run killer was trying to get away from fight

By NADIA MOHARIB, CALGARY SUN

Details behind the New Year's death of a Calgary woman continued to emerge yesterday as one family prepared to bury a daughter and two others prayed for a man and woman clinging to life.

Police investigators are looking into reports the accused in the New Year's Day carnage may have been fleeing for his own safety.

They have no evidence the accused was targeting any of the people who were struck, traffic Sgt. Doug McIlwraith said yesterday.

He also said the deadly incident appears to have stemmed from a fight between two groups of people after an uninvited group were asked to leave a New Year's Eve party, but later returned, sparking a violent brawl.

Raminder Dhadda, 24, died after a van driving the wrong way down a one-way street plowed through a crowd outside a bar on Kensington Cres. N.W. just before 3 a.m. Sunday.

The driver was arrested soon after.

Last night, two other people, a 29-year-old man and a woman, 23, were still listed in critical condition.

Samrat Ramnik Dhuna, 18, of Calgary faces 11 criminal charges including criminal negligence causing death, two counts of criminal negligence causing bodily harm, dangerous driving, impaired driving causing death and hit-and-run.

Additional charges in relation to two other people who suffered minor injuries will likely be laid.

The accused's brother, Kanwar, said his younger sibling had called him to Kensington saying there was fighting going on. When he arrived, he was also allegedly attacked.

"I was in the middle of a circle and everyone was hitting me with whatever they had," he said.

"My entire body was covered in blood."

Kanwar said he, his girlfriend and her sister sped away, fearing for their lives while terrified for his brother.

"I don't have anything against anyone, half those people didn't even know what they were doing," he said.

"I knew that girl that died," he added.

"She was a friend of mine. ... I can't even function."

He said his brother, who their father said is part of a peace-loving family, is devastated.

"He's just turned 18 -- for him to be going through this, he can't handle it," Kanwar said.

McIlwraith said the man, now in custody facing numerous criminal charges, was allegedly set upon by a large group and struck twice before he sped off.

Cops said the two critically hurt were slammed into a parked SUV, which had extensive damage from the impact.

A funeral will be held for Dhadda on Sunday and her parents, while coping with grief, know others are dealing with their own.

"He's somebody's kid, too, I feel very badly for his parents," Dhadda's mother Kuldip said.

Any other witnesses should call 295-7900 or Det. Dave Jennings at 206-8723.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Criminal negligence my ass, that's fucking murder.

My Ride
    ‘13 F30 Sportline

Originally posted by djayz
    if this son a bitch gets away with a few charges im sure there will be storms of people at city hall or somewhere demanding he be put away. and id be one of them!

fuck this fag after seeing his face and realizing he was only 18 it just makes you think how some people will just never grow up.
    getting rejected from a club makes you want to kill someone sure but its a figure of speech dumbass dont take it literally.

burn in hell bitch

sorry just had to let it out...read the globe article and just made me a little more mad
    This guy is fucked no matter what route he goes. Sure he'll go to jail and come out 10-15 years later, but this guy killed a n innocent respected girl and he will pay no matter what, be it his life from someone she knew. Serioulsy fucked up idiot.

RIP Rami....God needed you more.

Respect and condolences to the family and friends

I really hope everyone else injured is getting better. They do not need to be there at all!!! Kiran and Pama....you can pull through guys!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast