Quantcast
New By-law! incase you dont already know. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New By-law! incase you dont already know.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Default New By-law! incase you dont already know.

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article....icleID=2135628

stumbled across this. Keep this in mind next time you are on the highway.

My Ride
    FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY > ALL

That is fucking BS, this is what slows the fuck out of traffic while the "emergency" people are taking their sweet ass time doing their thing while getting paid pretty big bucks. Might i add its not safe either, people can get rear ended pretty bad on the high way.

for example on 16th between 68th and 52nd there was a towtruck far off on the side towing a car and every dumbass slows down to like 20-30 and this makes the pack far back(merge lane too) to be pretty much dead stopped, stuck there for 15 fucking minutes. I thought maybe a big accident ahead w/e but THIS??? this is deserves a big WTF.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Really old news, and i dont think its a by law, its under the highway traffic act.

My Ride
    WRX STI

well its not that old, if u read it does say was descided at the end of october.
    Last edited by teggypimp95; 01-05-2006 at 04:18 PM.

Originally posted by Police
    That is fucking BS, this is what slows the fuck out of traffic while the "emergency" people are taking their sweet ass time doing their thing while getting paid pretty big bucks. Might i add its not safe either, people can get rear ended pretty bad on the high way.

for example on 16th between 68th and 52nd there was a towtruck far off on the side towing a car and every dumbass slows down to like 20-30 and this makes the pack far back(merge lane too) to be pretty much dead stopped, stuck there for 15 fucking minutes. I thought maybe a big accident ahead w/e but THIS??? this is deserves a big WTF.
    Maybe you'd think differently if your mother or father was the person operating this emergency vehicle after a semi plows into them going 120km/h spewing their body parts all over the road.

Sorry if it sounds graphic, but if slow traffic saves *one* life. Its worth it. If you can't slow down from the speed limit to 50/60km/hr when you see flashing lights up ahead, you shouldn't be driving.
    ---

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by Police

If someone you knew was a cop or ems or fireman, you'd support the law... i think its a great idea... people in this profession have enough to worry about already, they dont need to worry about speeding traffic when they get out of thier car or step out between 2 vehicles.

^^^beat me to it... If 2 minutes of your day is not worth saving a life then feel free to speed through and see if 2 minutes of your day is worth $500

My Ride
    WRX STI

i agree u should not go flying past them, and have extra care when u do see those lights. I belive most of us already do that. or the other half just rubber neck causing more accidents. i think thats a crazy fine tho

My Ride
    Talon Tsi

This new law is to save lives, i can tell you that i have almost been hit many times int he city and on the highway whuile working because of idiots like this.

My Ride
    Model S

getting pretty hard to keep respect for the police force when they come out with every BS cash grab they can think of. makes me want to nail that cop @ 120 on the highway and make my $650 ticket worth it.

kidding of course, but they keep jacking up fines claiming to be in the name of safety when we know as well as they do that its their cash cow and theyre just being greedy.

The more BS tickets at $650 they give out to people liek you, the less BS tickets for 10over they have to give out to people like me.

Being a new driver before this law was even in effect I slowed down when I saw lights. Maybe not to 60km/h no but I did slow down. You never know who the hell is goign to open their door and pop out. Hell maybe the guy he pulled over is nuts and is going to try and run from him, therefor hitting you since you would be doing 110 past them, atleast at 60 u coudl slam on the brakes and try to avoid smashing into him, 120 u stand no chance.

People who think its bs, just keep doing it. You will get your ticket and come bitching about it and still have no sympathy. Maybe one day you will learn it would have been wise to slow down to 60

My Ride
    WRX STI

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
    The more BS tickets at $650 they give out to people liek you, the less BS tickets for 10over they have to give out to people like me.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Saskatchewan has had this law for a few years now. Who the fuck cares if it slows traffic down. Shut up and slow down. Not that difficult of a concept really.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    NC1

So is this for single lanes? double lanes? three lanes like Deerfoot?

It might be controversial if it's on a three lane highway like Deerfoot, say in the far left shoulder is the emergency vehicles and I'm passing in the far right.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

its only in the lane directly beside the emergency vehicle. Only one lane needs to slow down. But thats just what I heard on the news, and we all know how reliable that is! Right Global??
    ---

My Ride

Personally i think this is a cash grab and another bullshit ticket.

No one deserves $500+ in fines for a single traffic violation.

Fuck the bastards that put these laws into effect.

My Ride

Maybe some of those moron cops should learn to pull over a little further, god, how many times do you drive down macleod trail or somewhere and you see someone pulled over where the person pulled into a parking lot and the cop leaves his car on macleod.

Pure bullshit.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Originally posted by kenny
    its only in the lane directly beside the emergency vehicle. Only one lane needs to slow down. But thats just what I heard on the news, and we all know how reliable that is! Right Global??

and if your too ignorant to slow down, then move out of the damn lane.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by tictactoe2004
    Personally i think this is a cash grab and another bullshit ticket.

No one deserves $500+ in fines for a single traffic violation.

Fuck the bastards that put these laws into effect.
    your a fuckin idiot

Originally posted by ~Leah~
    Saskatchewan has had this law for a few years now. Who the fuck cares if it slows traffic down. Shut up and slow down. Not that difficult of a concept really.
    Couldn't have said it any better!!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Until EVERYONE knows about this law, it's gonna be fairly dangerous. Problem is that everyone's a rubbernecker, and when cops pull people over, there's always people locking up their brakes cuz they're not paying attention on the road. There's a reason why you rarely see anyone pulled over on deerfoot, because chances are, there'll be an accident there by rubberneckers, so usually the cop follows you off deerfoot to ticket you (from my experiences anyways).

Now, if you slow down to 50km/h on the highway when there's an emergency vehicle on the side of the road, and there's a rubbernecker behind you looking at the flashing lights, barreling down at you from behind with a 50km/h difference in speed because he/she doesn't know about this law...

Well, let's just say it'll suck.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast