Quantcast
Debt at 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Debt at 16

My Ride
    A l337 chair

Default Debt at 16

A family friend is 16. He decided he wants to LEASE a brand new Dodge Ram. With 0 cash down, it will be approx. 1146 a month for 48 months. I am pretty sure no dealership would let a 16 year old do that, but his Dad is leasing it for him. He doesn't want anyone driving his truck so he wont put the truck under his Dad's insurance. So I think he will be paying about 600-800 a month in Insurance (just my guess). Will he be paying higher or lower? Then when I try to explain to his family that he is a dumb ass and they are also dumb for letting him do this they look at me like I am high. This is a typical example of all those young people who want to have the nice cars when they are young. There's no way he can afford that while going to school.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Hes a fool, and if he is not going to listen to you let him screw himself over, when the bank repos his truck, someone will get a smokin deal on it at the auctions.
    Last edited by Ben; 03-04-2003 at 08:37 PM.
    Travel

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

That's pretty stupid. I got myself pretty deep into debt when I was 17 with a checking card. Damn Washington Mutual. Your friend will just have to learn his lesson like I did, the hard way.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

Default Re: Debt at 16

Originally posted by mrmattyk
    This is a typical example of all those young people who want to have the nice cars when they are young. There's no way he can afford that while going to school.
    Some people can do it?

I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    335i

Those who can, will

Those who can't, won't.

Give them the benefit of the doubt - if the parents are willing to lease a vehicle for their son, then obviously they are willing to take on whatever comes their way financially in the future.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    A l337 chair

Default Re: Re: Debt at 16

Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Some people can do it?

Legit? We dont all push 30 pounds of dope daily like you

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 03:28 AM.

he wants a truck so.... just let him be....... he probably doesn't give a shit about anyone's opinion. at the age of 16 most kids don't realize better things come later in life.... blinded by what they can have now and not later...

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by 2000impreza
    he wants a truck so.... just let him be....... he probably doesn't give a shit about anyone's opinion. at the age of 16 most kids don't realize better things come later in life.... blinded by what they can have now and not later...
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Integra

hmm...1100 a month + insurance...16 year old...in school...daddy helping him out...

Please, please, convince him not to do this...sure he'll have the truck of his dreams...but god forbid he can't make his payments on time, he'll ge bad creidt for a very long time, does he know the possible outcomes?

It's wrong...but i guess he'll find out the hard way.

This is just my opinion, for your friend i hope things workout.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Sam knows first hand

Mmmm, M3, eh Sam?
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    pedals

i think everyone agrees this is stupid, but let his parents decide. in the end its their choice. Plus, it will teach you something about these family friends (weather they are completely UM-tarded or slightly smart)

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Those who can, will

Those who can't, won't.

Give them the benefit of the doubt - if the parents are willing to lease a vehicle for their son, then obviously they are willing to take on whatever comes their way financially in the future.

exactly
    his parents are most likely footing the bill
    i know tons of kids with nice cars that think they work for them, when their parents pay their insurance, and give them a ton of cash each month in allowance. sure, they might make the car payment themselves, but their parents gave them the money in the first place...

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Let him take his licks on this one!

16 year old kid doesn't need a car like that and his parents are smokin some crazy Amsterdam weed if they're gonna do it for them!

When I was 16 my car was an 1986 Dodge Omni!

heh don't go onto any of the BMW forums
    tons of 16 year olds running around in M3's and shit

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by bol
    heh don't go onto any of the BMW forums
    tons of 16 year olds running around in M3's and shit
    Bought by mommy and daddy no less!

My Ride
    a wrx.

if i were u, i never would have tried talking them out of it in the first place. let them learn the hard way.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    if i were u, i never would have tried talking them out of it in the first place. let them learn the hard way.
    Jeff, I have a hard time taking you seriously when you have an avatar like that.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Jeff, I have a hard time taking you seriously when you have an avatar like that.
    and i pop a stiffy looking at your avatar...so what?

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

First of all hes an idiot, if hes 16 and in School, there is no way HE'S paying for the car anyway, his parents are, and if they want to buy him a $50,000 Truck then thats thier problem....Second, Why the fuck would you want a Brand new RAM!! , do u know what else you could get with $1100 a month! !!!
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast