Quantcast
Help! Parking lot accident in crowfoot (need witness) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Help! Parking lot accident in crowfoot (need witness)

Default Help! Parking lot accident in crowfoot (need witness)

I got into accident on Boxing Day around 6:15pm in a parking lot near the New Dynasty restaurant in Crowfoot Cresent. An 80 years old man backed up and hit my front bumper and then he parked his car. when he got off his car, he asked me if he hits me or did I hit him. Man, he doesn't even know what happened. Anyway, two days ago. He called me and said that he is going to report to police and say that it's my fault. So now I need to find someone who witness this happen. I was driving a 90 Red Honda Civic. If anyone see this happen, please pm me or please call me at 397-9799. I appericate your effort and help. Thank you
    By the way, there were two cars before mine and witness this but they were gone afterward.

aren't parkin lot accidents 50 50???

My Ride
    B8 A4/MKV GTI

AFAIK it will be judged 50/50 regardless of who is actually at fault.

My Ride
    02 Accord

yea they are regardless of who was at fault... coulda been 100% your fault, its still 50/50... i know cause it happened to me... pos ran into me going fast, he had 300 dmg, i had 3000 and i had to pay outta my own pocket.

Well I'm sure that it would be 100% if he was able to find someone who could verify that the old man backed up into him

This happened with my mom, a guy backed up into her and he ended up having to pay.

I think you're SOL trying to find a witness for an accident that happened on Boxing Day. Why didn't you get it resolved when it happened so the man couldn't dispute it and try to F you over?
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

Last time I had a parking lot accident in the Costco parking lot, the other guy was 100% at fault. He ended up claiming full responsibility - his insurance company covered everything.

That's the way people should do it. Props to people with integrity.

Isnt there a time limit to report an accident? I am pretty sure its a week or so after the accident. And a police report should have been filed along time ago.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

I was following the old man and he suddenly stop without signal, and that's fine for me cus I know many ppl do that in parking lot. Anyway I stoped too and he just started to back up and I horned him while he was backing up but he didn't hear anything and keep parking. WTF??? I talked to the guy who stoped behind me and he saw it and he was going to give me his # but he didn't. But I got his plate #. should I go to the police station and ask if they can find this guy??

yes you should he is a witness they can grab all his information with a plate number, some guy curbed me and somebody else saw but i didnt think to get their plate number, and if i would have that fucker would had to pay for my rim, but the cops just go and talk to him, and thats it said he should smarten up on the road.........so yeah go to the cop station with the plate number.

good luck.

My Ride
    L-Tuned

It depends on where/how the accident occured in the parking lot. In most cases it's 50/50, but not always.

My Ride
    through

I got into an accident in superstore parking lot. I was sitting there in neutral and this lady drives the whole side of her sl500 into my car and said that I drove into her. I had no witnesses and Its still going through with insurance and its been 4 months. But my insurance company said its not always 50/50. Shitty on my part though cause all she did was put a little scrape onto my bumper and its guna cost her 7000$ to fix .well c what happens...

Originally posted by accord823
    I was following the old man and he suddenly stop without signal, and that's fine for me cus I know many ppl do that in parking lot. Anyway I stoped too and he just started to back up and I horned him while he was backing up but he didn't hear anything and keep parking. WTF??? I talked to the guy who stoped behind me and he saw it and he was going to give me his # but he didn't. But I got his plate #. should I go to the police station and ask if they can find this guy??
    Contrary to what most people say - you have a good chance of having 0 fault.

It's generally 50/50 - GENERALLY. Reason being? Most parking lot accidents are people backing into each other, people crossing paths, etc.... All those are next to impossible to prove fault without witnesses.

^^ this is correct.
    If you can prove that you were stationary and he backed into you, then he's 100% liable.
    however.. it could be ruled that he could be >50% liable for damages too b/c he backed up without looking

if you can get the witness, then you have a fighting chance.

most 50/50 cases are b/c people have differing stories b/c both ppl are backing up at the same time.

I better run to the police station and find out who the witness is before it's too late