Quantcast
Saddleridge...good neighborhood? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Saddleridge...good neighborhood?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-04-2020 at 03:31 PM.

My Ride
    2000 Z-71

From the mouth of a police officer in the family....

When they do infra red flights over the niegbourhood it lights up like x-mas tree.

In other words - Most popular area in the city for grow ops....

Food for thought.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by max_boost
    Check this site out, forget about the MLS

http://www.freecalgaryhomesearch.com/

That's what I used when I was house shopping. The site is comprehensive, new listings updated daily, address search etc.
    Do you have to sign up as a member to a better search? The standard search reveal the same old data as mls.ca, which is 3 days after.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by 69cougar
    The best thing you can do though is buy bigger than what you think you will need. Trust me you will grow into the space and paying a little more now will be a lot cheaper than later.

My 2 cents
    huh?

Bigger = more space you don't need that you still have to paid taxes, heat on.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Xtrema

Do you have to sign up as a member to a better search? The standard search reveal the same old data as mls.ca, which is 3 days after.
    Yes you have to sign up and the realtor will call you to bug you but I just ignore the call.

The one thing I didn't like about the MLS is that it did not list the address of the properties and you couldn't do an address search. It saves a step when I can just get the address, drive by and check it out without having to wait and hear from a realtor. When I was house hunting, I basically did all the work in looking for a place. All my realtor did was schedule viewings after I narrowed down my selections. Because of that I made him give up half of his commissions.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by max_boost
    Yes you have to sign up and the realtor will call you to bug you but I just ignore the call.

The one thing I didn't like about the MLS is that it did not list the address of the properties and you couldn't do an address search. It saves a step when I can just get the address, drive by and check it out without having to wait and hear from a realtor. When I was house hunting, I basically did all the work in looking for a place. All my realtor did was schedule viewings after I narrowed down my selections. Because of that I made him give up half of his commissions.
    Cool. A 0 day MLS access for 30days. Thanks.

If a 0 day MLS access is given out to public, I'm sure the role of a buying agents will vanish.

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by legendboy

like if you make 5k in one year in a condo/apt and i make 50k in appreciation on a nice suburb house in that same year, why worry about intrest paid
    well that would be a good point if it were true, but condos appreciated more than houses in the past year. i know someone that had their condo increase from 140 to 200 in 2 years and that was before the current jump that the market just saw in the past couple months. it sold in 2 days for asking price, obviously could have got more for it. it appreciated way better than my suburb house did in the same time frame.

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Try not to listen too much to doomsayers, most people who know anything know that the market is artificially inflated right now, not only will prices stop going up soon, they are poised to take a dive, and the interest rates are about to jump. You do know what happens when the interest rates go up, don't you? Maybe not this year, possibly the next. Don't rush, search wisely, good luck.
    hehe you sound like a renter

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Try not to listen too much to doomsayers, most people who know anything know that the market is artificially inflated right now, not only will prices stop going up soon, they are poised to take a dive, and the interest rates are about to jump. You do know what happens when the interest rates go up, don't you? Maybe not this year, possibly the next. Don't rush, search wisely, good luck.
    Not gonna happen, so buy now as Calgary isn't getting any smaller or less populated.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    civic

Back on topic sort of,
    I moved to Taravista last year, I'm right near saddleridge. I find it's pretty ghetto there, I mean the first week I was there I decided to go for a walk around the "water structure" they had built there which is actually a storm water pond. What's the first thing i see when i look in the water?? a shopping cart!! and a bike never mind all the garbage that's floating around. The construction that went on along the street was pretty ghetto too, one day my girlfriend was walking back from the bus stop from work and what does she see?one of the siding contractors taking a leak in the middle of the lot facing traffic!!! this was at 4:00 in the afternoon.

I'm glad I'm moving out of the NE in the summer.

frostyda9 Guest

^^

I went through the same searching saga, only I was looking for a condo and not a house. I ended up getting a place in McKenzie Towne, and it's been nothing but good.

I would recommend McKenzie, Douglasdale, New Brighton...or any of the other newish deep SE communities, over anything in the NE.

I've worked extensively in all quadrants of the city, and I can say without bias that the NE would be my last choice any day.

What price range are you looking to be in?

My Ride
    Highlander

^^ $240,000 and under

the woman and I went and looked at the houses we were looking at in the fall again yesterday. At that time they were from 176k to 225k. Now the same ones are 50k more. Damn, what to do....

My GF lives in Saddleridge, her home is extremely nice for its size, and I think the area is really starting to develop. Crossing over the Deerfoot from the NW to the NE is noticable I find, definately a different "feel" between those two areas. I'll never have to wait for a taxi though!

Originally posted by Melinda
    ^^ $240,000 and under
    You could get into the nw
    Last edited by 69cougar; 01-01-2007 at 01:21 PM.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by legendboy

i disagree, to a point.

you don't want to spread yourself TOO thin, but i say buy the biggest/nicest house you can afford. house size/price/area is all realitive to how much you will make on it. your not going to make squat (well maybe not so applicable now, in calgary) on a small condo or apartment, compaired to how much you will make on a reasonably sized house, over the same amount of time.

like if you make 5k in one year in a condo/apt and i make 50k in appreciation on a nice suburb house in that same year, why worry about intrest paid
    Like you mentioned, not applicable in Calgary. As of late the Condo market has had bigger increases. As an example, I've been in my condo for 5 months now and its gone up 144%

Its all about picking your locations....

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by bspot

Like you mentioned, not applicable in Calgary. As of late the Condo market has had bigger increases. As an example, I've been in my condo for 5 months now and its gone up 144%

Its all about picking your locations....
    144% in 5 months? where? thats like going from 150 to 360...

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-04-2020 at 03:26 PM.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by googe

144% in 5 months? where? thats like going from 150 to 360...
    I think he meant 1.44
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast