Quantcast
Traffic Cop Dragged 15 Meters by Drunk - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Traffic Cop Dragged 15 Meters by Drunk

Default Traffic Cop Dragged 15 Meters by Drunk

Jan 14 2006
    Man who injured officers jailed

A heavily intoxicated driver who injured two police officers at a CheckStop was jailed for two years Friday.
    John Philip Jorgenson, 43, of Blackfalds was also banned from driving for three years in Red Deer provincial court after pleading guilty to dangerous driving causing bodily harm and impaired driving.
    Crown prosecutor Jason Snider told court Jorgenson was stopped at a CheckStop in Red Deer last Sept. 23.
    A Red Deer traffic services officer believed Jorgenson was intoxicated and called for an RCMP officer to investigate.
    Jorgenson, Judge Darrell Riemer heard, attempted to drive away with the traffic services officer trapped part way in the driver’s side window as he attempted to turn off the ignition. The officer was dragged about 15 metres and sustained injuries.
    Meanwhile, the Mountie rushed to the passenger side, smashed in the window and turned off the ignition. The Mountie sustained hand ligament damage and serious cuts requiring stitches.
    A sample of Jorgenson’s blood revealed his blood alcohol content was .34.
    Two other charges were withdrawn in exchange for the guilty pleas.
    Defence lawyer Pat Penny said his client was drinking heavily at the time because he was depressed over the recent death of his mother.
    “He’s very remorseful” about the incident, Penny said.
    A Bimmer a day helps you work rest & play!

My Ride
    a wrx.

How did the moron of a "Special" Constable become trapped in the driver's side window? Probably did the usual bacon bits move of getting cocky over what little authoritae he had and stuck his fat head inside to stare down the driver.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I figured a response like the one above would come around.......and why? The guy got dragged doing his job by an idiot, and you, as an idiot yourself play on the offenders side???
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by TurboMedic
    I figured a response like the one above would come around.......and why? The guy got dragged doing his job by an idiot, and you, as an idiot yourself play on the offenders side???
    I'm sorry that you've misinterpreted my previous post, I'm not taking the side of the drunk driver at all. Just because I didn't post a huge missive ranting about the evils of driving drunk, as is popular these days, doesn't mean I condone drunk driving.

Anyway, I don't think "sticking my nose into the cabin to be a giant dickface" is a part of Mr. Special Constable's job description. That's all.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Oh yeah, I'm an idiot!! HAHAHA I'M AN IDIOT!! WHOOO!!!

<---IDIOTZ ON PRATROLLZ!!!!!1

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    I'm sorry that you've misinterpreted my previous post, I'm not taking the side of the drunk driver at all. Just because I didn't post a huge missive ranting about the evils of driving drunk, as is popular these days, doesn't mean I condone drunk driving.

Anyway, I don't think &quot;sticking my nose into the cabin to be a giant dickface&quot; is a part of Mr. Special Constable's job description. That's all.

Anyway, I don't think &quot;sticking my nose into the cabin to be a giant dickface&quot; is a part of Mr. Special Constable's job description. That's all. [/B]
    I do a lot of business in Red Deer and see these guys all the time. They do actually do Check-Stops and so it is part of his job. The guy who dragged him had .34 alcohol...thats 4 times the limit. I think the real dickface here is the driver.
    A Bimmer a day helps you work rest & play!

How did the moron of a &quot;Special&quot; Constable become trapped in the driver's side window? Probably did the usual bacon bits move of getting cocky over what little authoritae he had and stuck his fat head inside to stare down the driver.
    Nice armchair analysis. 2 bad you werent there so that you could actually make a usefull comment.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

How did the moron of a &quot;Special&quot; Constable become trapped in the driver's side window? Probably did the usual bacon bits move of getting cocky over what little authoritae he had and stuck his fat head inside to stare down the driver.
    He did it reaching across the steering column trying to shut the car down.

It happened to an EPS officer last year... he was dragged over 50 meters, whilst beating the side of the drivers head in with his flashlight. His pistol holster saved his left hip.

I wouldn't pull that shit in Edmonton or Calgary though. Anything with a vehicle is considered assault with a deadly weapon and you're liable to end up getting shots fired at you.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by 69cougar

Nice armchair analysis. 2 bad you werent there so that you could actually make a usefull comment.
    You have to "be there" to make a useful comment? Is that the prerequisite these days?

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Oh yeah, I'm an idiot!! HAHAHA I'M AN IDIOT!! WHOOO!!!

&lt;---IDIOTZ ON PRATROLLZ!!!!!1
    new sig

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Holy crap! .34!??!?!?!? doesn't that qualify as alcohol poisoning? I'm shocked that the guy was able to stay conscious.

Anyway, I don't think sticking my nose into the cabin to be a giant dickface is a part of Mr. Special Constable's job description. That's all.
    Well if the guy was that drunk, he was probably threating to drive away, or maybe they told him to turn the car off and step out and he wouldnt. Like you said "its not part of their job description" so the cop must of had a reason for doing it.