Quantcast
Any lawyers or LSAT writers out there? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Any lawyers or LSAT writers out there?

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

Default Any lawyers or LSAT writers out there?

I'm lookin to write my LSAT this summer and hopefully attend law school in 08' when I'm done my Bcomm.

Just wondering if anybody has any advice or any information regarding law school and writing the LSAT. I'm sure there are some established lawyers out there that know the ropes etc.

I would like to attend U of A as I've heard it's one of the top law schools in the country.

Thanks in advance for any help!

My Ride
    GTI

Hey man, good luck,. I plan on the same.

My buddies brother went to harvard, did pretty good on the LSAT, appearantly it's mostly common sense. All the info you need to answer the questions is in the question itself.

My Ride
    V167

Just curious, what is the breakdown of the test and what all does it cover?
    Standardized tests are a pain in teh buttocks I tell you.
    Best of luck with that!

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

LSAT sucks, i'm doing prep now..i'm registered for the February sitting but I might postphone until June because I don't feel ready.

I plan on applying to UC, UA, USask, Windsor and Ottawa..along with DMU and MSU (for the dual jd/llb)..and probably some non dual US law schools like Pepperdine, New England, Seattle..to name a few..

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    Just curious, what is the breakdown of the test and what all does it cover?
    Standardized tests are a pain in teh buttocks I tell you.
    Best of luck with that!
    I know the jist of it

It's broken down into 5 parts, all of which are different. They include things like logical reasoning, patterns, reading comprehension, written portion etc. Each part is timed individually and they throw out a random part of the test.

It's more of an IQ test and is much different than the MCAT or anything like that. The best prep is to keep doing LSATs from the past over and over again til your sick. And time yourself!

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Hey man, good luck,. I plan on the same.

My buddies brother went to harvard, did pretty good on the LSAT, appearantly it's mostly common sense. All the info you need to answer the questions is in the question itself.
    True, all you need to answer the question is in the question itself, but it most definitely is NOT common sense.

The logic games are a pain in the ass... you read the question, you see the possible answers, and the first thing that comes to mind is "wtf??".

With the LSAT, you have to be able to see a WTF question, and be able to answer it after the first pass. No time for re-reading, because if you spend more than the absolute minimum time per question, you will not finish, or do well.

At least, that was what I learned, from my experiences, and those of my friends who took it.

Originally posted by SteveMo600

I know the jist of it

It's broken down into 5 parts, all of which are different. They include things like logical reasoning, patterns, reading comprehension, written portion etc. Each part is timed individually and they throw out a random part of the test.

It's more of an IQ test and is much different than the MCAT or anything like that. The best prep is to keep doing LSATs from the past over and over again til your sick. And time yourself!
    The best tool I had was to do previous LSATs, and they put you into the mindset that you need to be in.

It's nothing really to stress over - if you're going to do good, you're going to do good. Just prepare with the previous exams, and the rest is up to your intelligence/logical mindset.