Quantcast
Rob Babcock fired-finally - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Babcock fired-finally

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

Default Rob Babcock fired-finally

The Toronto Raptors have fired general manager Rob Babcock, saying he was the wrong choice for the job when he was hired 18 months ago. Wayne Embry will serve as interim general manager while a search for a full-time replacement gets underway.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=152405

bout time

My Ride
    95 Talon ESi

damn straight

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

My Ride
    Z

Thank goodness. The guy has made way too many questionable moves.

Calgary,Alberta / Raleigh,NC / Kortrijk, Belgium
    My Ride
    01-BMW-330ci , 96-Spoon-EK

About time.
    My Favorite Animal is Steak

Fatboy's 330ci

Fatboy's Spoon EK

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Definatly about time. The Vince Carter trade could possibly be the 2nd worst trade in all of sports. (#1 being what Philly gave up for Lindros)

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    13 Cayenne Turbo

yes, good to hear, for a while i thought they were gonna get rid of sam mitchell, but he's a good coach, just has hardly anyone to work with.

They need to shake things up in the office and spend some serious money in getting a good coach.. But then again, who wants to coach in to?

I think Vince was going to get traded sooer or later, it was just a matter of when.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

i like sam mitchell as a coach. he knows what he's doing, and i think it doing a pretty good job with such a young inexperienced team.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

wayyyyy overdue!

My Ride
    a red bullet shaped rocket

Babcock is a useless GM
    No team in the NBA should ever hire him again
    He was terrible
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

when you draft Rafael Arajuo in the 8th spot you don't deserve to work again in the NBA...the Vince trade may be bad but no one else wanted to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

My Ride
    FOR SALE: 02EP3

Kobe has more points in one game than rafeal araujo in a whole season

sweet badcock

saweet

im glad hes gone man, now lets chris bosh our best player for an old vet who wont play for our team and 2 ugly guys with no skills

sounds familiar
    Last edited by Bill Cosby; 01-26-2006 at 06:34 PM.

Originally posted by Kirbs17
    Definatly about time. The Vince Carter trade could possibly be the 2nd worst trade in all of sports. (#1 being what Philly gave up for Lindros)
    The Lindros trade isn't even in the top 10 worst trades. Lindros at least won a HArt Trophy and took the Flyers to the Finals, its no doubt it was WAY too much for the guy, but some at the top of my head (in the NHL alone).

Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan McCabe and a 3rd Round Draft Pick (Jarkko Ruutu) for Trevor Linden

Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha (also note that because of this trade, Mad Mike drafted Rick DiPietro ahead of Dany Heatley and Marian Gaborik)

Zdeno Chara, Bill Muckalt and a 1st Round Draft Pick (Jason Spezza) for Alexi Yashin

Patrick Roy and Mike Keane for Jocolyn Thibault, Andrei Kovalenko and Martin Rucinsky

Wayne Gretzky, Marty McSorley and Mike Krushelinsky for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, 3 First Round Draft Picks and $15Million Dollars
    -this trade isn't far off the Lindros trade, only the Oilers traded the best hockey player in the game

Toronto traded their 1st Round Draft Pick (Scott Niedermayer) for Tom Kurvers

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

Originally posted by bigboom
    when you draft Rafael Arajuo in the 8th spot you don't deserve to work again in the NBA
    That is the truth, that was just such a bad draft it isnt even funny, and even if he turns out to be an ok player he was still more like a second or third round pick if that, not number 8, if u look at the players tha went after him that year it is just redicioulous.

Good ridence Babcock

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan McCabe and a 3rd Round Draft Pick (Jarkko Ruutu) for Trevor Linden

Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha (also note that because of this trade, Mad Mike drafted Rick DiPietro ahead of Dany Heatley and Marian Gaborik)

Zdeno Chara, Bill Muckalt and a 1st Round Draft Pick (Jason Spezza) for Alexi Yashin
    oooh mad mike milbury lol

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by l8braker

I think Vince was going to get traded sooer or later, it was just a matter of when.
    Nobody is debating that he would have been traded, but do you know what Toronto got in return for him?

Originally posted by Hakkola

Nobody is debating that he would have been traded, but do you know what Toronto got in return for him?

that was all TO could have got for him...no one wanted Vince, sure Mourning was a lazy bastard, but Aaron Williams and Eric Williams should have been able to contirbute and can contribute but Mitchell hasn't used them at all...

^ Yep. Everybody and their dog knows how injury prone he is. Not to mention his attitude....

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Hakkola

No one was willing to give up anything for Vince given the way he was playing and they way he was behaving.

Granted, getting a player in the deal that had absolutely no intention of playing for them was really bad. But when you already have a player who's just eating away at your salary cap, not contributing much on the floor, and being a total disruption to the team, you need to get rid of him ASAP.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast