Quantcast
What should i cook? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What should i cook?

My Ride
    X3

Default What should i cook?

Just looking for suggestions for what i should cook for my gf this valentines. We always go out and i rarely ever cook so i need the help.

I really have no idea so any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh and links to recipes would be great!

My Ride
    96 civic lx, 04 corolla

get some hamburger helper with some garlic toast and a steak..

i hear its extra cheesy

garlic toast from safeway, and steak from anywhere,,,or even ribs.

^ lol ill forgive for that suggestion since you are still in jr high

ill give you the garlic toast though..maybe cook soe salmon its fairly easy to make it good with some basil, lemon, olive oil cant remember what else I put maybe some balsamic.....

good luck

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

you cant go wrong with fish....

maybe some hailbut with lemon zest, s+p, thyme cooked on some roasted tomatoes with buttered potatoes on the side?!?!

My Ride
    96 civic lx, 04 corolla

Originally posted by lastprodigy
    ^ lol ill forgive for that suggestion since you are still in jr high

ill give you the garlic toast though..maybe cook soe salmon its fairly easy to make it good with some basil, lemon, olive oil cant remember what else I put maybe some balsamic.....

good luck

hey ...im graduating this year and im already accepted to university for engineering..

never knew you wanted something really fancy, why dont you order take out and say you made it.

plus i would enjoy hamburger helper any day of the week.

so would, but cant make that and then expect congugations

My Ride
    X3

Originally posted by Fez_turbo
    get some hamburger helper with some garlic toast and a steak..

i hear its extra cheesy

garlic toast from safeway, and steak from anywhere,,,or even ribs.

Haha ok maybe a little more specific.
    Something non half-assed.

The fich suggestions sound good. Maybe a nice salmon fillet?
    Or maybe crab but i have no idea how to prepare it lol.
    Damn i'm screwed haha

yeah salmon filet is good looks like lots of effort and is relatively easy to prepare....if you want to go seafood you could also do a crab/shrimp (and other stuff obviosuly) stuffed sole

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Since its you and your gf....I recommend Chateaubriand....you'll get some poonan after for sure

But if ur not that knowledgable in the culinary arts, I'd recommend maybe a chicken breast with pesto or a mousse and a nice pasta dish to accompany it and a few asparagus spears sauteed in butter

Or you can pay me $30/hr to come over and cook a 5 course dinner for you
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    X3

^^ Damn that sounds good. but i dont think i can do all that hha.
    But are you surious about paying for cooking for us? That would be pimp.

My Ride
    96 civic lx, 04 corolla

that would be sweet you can make him where a nice tux with a white handkerchief around his arm and get him to speak in a french accent..

jk..its a really good idea, it will definately impress your girlfriend.
    dooo itttt.

My Ride

Originally posted by Justing
    ^^ Damn that sounds good. but i dont think i can do all that hha.
    But are you surious about paying for cooking for us? That would be pimp.

Yeah sure...$30/hr plus food costs = $200....so lets see...since its Valentines u want a awesome meal..so I'll need at least 8 hours mise en place time, plus another 4 hours actual cooking time, and then another 2 hours plating/presentation time...

So now that we have a deal..you owe me $620
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride

But yeah, since my chicken breast idea is too hard for you...heres another recomendation....seeing as everyone went with salmon/fish...

Go to the market and get 2 nice big, salmon filets, then marinate them in a brandy/maple syrup/apple cider mix for 4-6 hours...overnight if possible, go buy some cedar planks...put fish on the cedar planks and throw them into the oven...now you have Cedar Planked Maple Glazed Salmon...cooking time varies on how well you want the fish done and thickness of fish..and for accompanyments, whatever you like...a nice wild mushroom risotto would be good

*Only untreated food grade red cedar planks..not Totem/Home Depot wood planks and planks have to be soaked in water overnight
    Last edited by dj_rice; 01-26-2006 at 11:44 PM.

My Ride
    96 civic lx, 04 corolla

Originally posted by dj_rice
    But yeah, since my chicken breast idea is too hard for you...heres another recomendation....seeing as everyone went with salmon/fish...

Go to the market and get 2 nice big, salmon filets, then marinate them in a brandy/maple syrup mix for 4-6 hours...overnight if possible, go buy some cedar planks...put fish on the cedar planks and throw them into the oven...now you have Cedar Planked Maple Glazed Salmon...cooking time varies on how well you want the fish done..and for accompanyments, whatever you like...a nice wild mushroom risotto would be good

you are one smart handy guy.women dig great cooks.you would make any woman happy.

My Ride

you are one smart handy guy.women dig great cooks.you would make any woman happy.

Yeah but I have a birth defect.....................I'm ugly so no poontang for me

And I'm not smart...I have a chefs degree/background

Yeah but I have a birth defect.....................I'm ugly so no poontang for me

And I'm not smart...I have a chefs degree/background

rofl: and to think I ALMOST missed this thread!

On a side note, chicken and salmon are both fairly easy and quick to cook. So go with that. Or if you do get Will to cook for you, you have to let us know about it!
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

Maybe think about a light pasta, and spring mix salad? I would keep the dinner light, so you have lots of energy for humping later at night.

http://appetizer.allrecipes.com/az/75133.asp

http://pasta.allrecipes.com/az/CajunChickenPasta.asp

http://pie.allrecipes.com/az/EasyAppleCrisp.asp

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Go to the market and get 2 nice big, salmon filets, then marinate them in a brandy/maple syrup/apple cider mix for 4-6 hours...overnight if possible, go buy some cedar planks...put fish on the cedar planks and throw them into the oven...now you have Cedar Planked Maple Glazed Salmon...cooking time varies on how well you want the fish done and thickness of fish..and for accompanyments, whatever you like...a nice wild mushroom risotto would be good

*Only untreated food grade red cedar planks..not Totem/Home Depot wood planks and planks have to be soaked in water overnight
    woah! that sounds awefully similar to my salmon marinade but it works great for hailbut too...

wild mushroom risotto is to die for!! if you make it right!

You should chose what to cook depending on what she likes to eat. You should post what type of cuisine you're looking for (depending on what both of you like to eat).
    I saw some comment that you're safe w/ fish but if I was served fish, I'd be picking at the food (politely due to the effort made to prepare the dish) because I hate hate hate fish (I think fish tastes gross).
    So I think you should pick the dishes depending on what she likes to eat (and you as well).

An easy salmon dish...

take two salmon steaks, let them soak in lemon juice overnite
    the put a layer of mayo and sprinkle some dill and salt & pepper to taste
    cover in foil and bake

i've made this for dinner before, its super easy, serve with asparagus and wild rice.
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast