worked out pretty well IMO
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

whoaaaa

face off styles

pretty cool!

My Ride
    Z

Better then not having a face at all.

Five months earlier, Miss Dinoire's features were destroyed when her labrador savaged her while she was unconscious after a drug overdose. Her face was left a patchwork of torn flesh and exposed bone – so shocking that one of her two teenage daughters refused to look at her.

My Ride
    09 CSRT4

It's kind of cool, but in the same sense it would be weird looking at yourself in the mirror, cause it would be you there, but not really you at the same time.

how much would it cost me to get brad pitts face if he ever died?

if that's what she looks like now, i can't imagine what she used to look like.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by DelSoln
    Better then not having a face at all.

My Ride
    I like. :)

Originally posted by DelSoln
    Five months earlier, Miss Dinoire's features were destroyed when her labrador savaged her while she was unconscious after a drug overdose. Her face was left a patchwork of torn flesh and exposed bone – so shocking that one of her two teenage daughters refused to look at her.
    Fucken' dogs. A cute, trusty Labrador to boot.

oh man maybe the dog tried to wake her up cause the dog sensed trouble and cared for the owner??

surgery is gettin to intense for me

Originally posted by Vypros
    how much would it cost me to get brad pitts face if he ever died?

My Ride
    2000 323i

Hi, I'm Brad Pitt's ghost. Do WHATEVER you want to me. Haha....not a bad idea. If it's on ebay you bet I'll be bidding against you.
    Mike

My Ride
    GTI

She's in danger of her body rejecting the skin, the chances of this went up because she decided to take up smoking again. They showed it on the news last week.

Totally ungrateful.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

OMFG! did anybody see the plastic surgery episode of maury on today! some disturbing plastic surgery gone really really bad and then some other people who have had 40+ diff surgeries and spent over $120000 USD

My Ride
    04 Mini Cooper S JCW

Here's another story on the patient and some more background about her.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...?tw=wn_index_8

Associated Press09:00 AM Feb, 06, 2006 EST

The Frenchwoman who received the world's first partial face transplant showed off her new features to the public Monday, saying in a heavily slurred voice that she now looks "like everyone else" and hopes to resume a normal life.

Isabelle Dinoire's speech was difficult to understand, but she explained how she was disfigured by a dog bite last year, and she thanked the family of the donor who gave her new lips, a chin and nose.

A fine, circular scar was still visible where the face tissue was attached in the 15-hour operation in Amiens on Nov. 27.

"I have a face like everyone else," Dinoire said at her first news conference since the groundbreaking surgery in November. "A door to the future is opening."

She explained how she was mauled by a dog last year and thanked the family of the donor who gave her new lips, a chin and nose.

Dinoire, who is in her late 30s, appeared to have great difficulty moving or even closing her mouth, which often hung open. But she said that she was regaining sensation.

"I can open my mouth and eat. I feel my lips, my nose and my mouth," she said. During the news conference, while one of her surgeons was speaking, she lifted a cup to her lips and appeared to drink.

In terms of coloring, the match between her own skin and the graft was remarkable. When she laughed, she was able to slightly lift a corner of her mouth but appeared unable to bring her lips together to form a full smile. When she talked, her lips did not move.

She said she was pursuing physical therapy and noted that she will have to continue taking drugs to stop her body from rejecting the donated tissue. Yet, she looked forward to the future and said she is eager to return home.

"I expect to resume a normal life ... I pay homage to the donor's family," she said. "My operation could help others to live again."

Her doctors, who also attended the news conference, said they have asked French health authorities for permission to perform another five face transplants. Dr. Jean Michel Dubernard said they want "to give this operation to many, many other people in France and in the world."

The surgeons defended their decision to go ahead with the untried procedure, saying they repeatedly warned Dinoire about the risks involved. The doctors said they could not say for sure how long the transplanted tissue might stay alive.

Dinoire, a divorced mother of two teenage daughters, spoke frankly about the attack in May by her Labrador. She said she was wrestling with personal problems at the time, had had a trying week, and "took some drugs to forget," which knocked her out.

She said she was passed out when the dog bit her, and she did not immediately realize the extent of her disfigurement when she awoke.

"When I woke up, I tried to light a cigarette, and I didn't understand why I couldn't hold it between my lips," she said. "That's when I saw the pool of blood and the dog next to me. I looked at myself in the mirror, and there, horrified, I couldn't believe what I saw — especially because it didn't hurt. Ever since this day, my life has changed."

The dog was euthanized.

She also explained the difficulties of life with disfigurement, saying she suffered stares when she went out.

"I understand all people who have a handicap," she said.

She said she "accepted immediately" when her surgeons suggested the transplant. But the procedure did not restore the way she looked before the dog bit her.

"There's no comparison between the face I have today and the face I had seven months ago," she said. "It is totally different."

Dinoire said she was eager to return home to her two daughters and get a job. Though she is still in the hospital, she said she has tested her new features in public.

"They look at me normally," she said of people's reactions.

Doctors have said they hoped Dinoire would break her smoking habit because it can lead to complications affecting her recovery.

"In hiding, she smokes cigarette after cigarette," Dubernard said, showing understanding for her behavior.

"Put yourself in her place for a second," he said. "It's extraordinarily stressful."

My Ride
    MB C63

50 surgeons wow mustve been pretty damn crowded haha

and the face on her looks way younger then the rest of her face

My Ride
    WRX STI

Prett soon the movie face off is gonna be coming true!

My Ride
    Ef

Originally posted by GQBalla
    oh man maybe the dog tried to wake her up cause the dog sensed trouble and cared for the owner??

surgery is gettin to intense for me
    I hear if a dog gets a sniff of cocaine they go nuts. Don't know how much truth to that there is but this bitch is ungrateful like Hakkola said.

Default Re: Face Transplant Recipient Photos Revealed

Originally posted by nonlinear
    I feel bad for this woman but we're all human and of course curious
    I for one, do not feel bad for her. If she's dumb enough to overdose because of life's problems and be a crack whore then IMO she deserves to have her face mauled off.

Additionally my take on what happened:
    a)She probalby didnt feed the dog and he was hungry thus eating her face.
    b) The dog finally saw its chance to get back at the owner for abuse and mauled her.
    c) The dog came to try to help or wake her up, then snuffed the coke and craziness took over.

It still is pretty crazy that she has a new face and such. Amazing they can do that.

Although you'd think she'd stop chain smoking and try again at life and do everything possible to prolong it since she has this second chance and seems so thankful and has a new take on life apparently.
    Last edited by tiger34; 02-07-2006 at 09:16 PM.