39 67.24%
  • No

19 32.76%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: soundsaround install so far

My Ride
    GT TDi

Thumbs down soundsaround install so far

well, one day i bought components, an amp and cap at soundsaround. scheduled to get the stuff installed. they said 5-6 hours, ok, fine i said.

day1: after 7 hours, one speaker installed.
    day2: after 5 hours, 3 more speakers installed and dynamat.
    day3: (well this day is tomorrow, we will see what happens)

i'm highly guessing there will be a 4th day.

each day i went in, they said it would be done for sure. each day i went in, it was booked for me. on day 1, they started 2 hours late saying they took another car in to do, instead of starting on mine which was scheduled.

i think i should get a free install...

If you don't have school or work, or somewhere important to be at, I'd hang around for a while. Whenever the car is alone ask them why nobody is working on it.

Yes you should complain to the manager, that sounds like bullshit!

My Ride
    FJC, S30

i got my deck installed at soundsaround.. fuck waste of my 45 bucks.. he did the shitiest job.. so i took it out and did it myself.. my god man.. please take soe credit for your work.. and i think u should complain.. 3 days to install speakers and a amp?.. ahaha maybe if they were doin some hardcore set up?
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

That's bullshit. Demand they take everything out and refuse to pay them. You're better off figuring out how to do this yourself (and doing it faster). Something like that shouldn't take more than half a day even for a first time installer.

It should not take several days to install all of your goods. Talk to the manager, and please, DON'T SHOP @ SOUNDSAROUND!

i'd be careful too...

do you have a security system on your car?

had a buddy who bought a bunch of stuff at soundsaround and an alarm there...

two days later, car broken into, everything cleaned out, alarm bypassed and all...

he suspects the soundsaround employee(s)...

My Ride
    2k2 black civic si

what soundaround were all these experiences from? cuz i went to crowfoot and everythings been fine so far a cpl weeks in, they did an entire trunk custom fibreglass neons etc in 3 and a half days with an alarm hopefully i wont get jacked

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

My friend got a system installed there, and damn the job looked like a cheap hack job, got his carpets soiled and when he went into the shop to pick up his car, his back seat was lying on the floor and the installers were stepping on it.

omgwtfbbq

My Ride
    94' Terd

i've never had a problem with soundsaround... mostly cause i was kinda friends witht eh guys doing all of the work on my cars.... i'd complain to the manager... but keep in mind that if theemployees are getting away with shit like this... as im sure they have in the past... the manager prob wont give a shit...

My Ride
    GT TDi

Originally posted by RiceCake
    My friend got a system installed there, and damn the job looked like a cheap hack job, got his carpets soiled and when he went into the shop to pick up his car, his back seat was lying on the floor and the installers were stepping on it.

thats what i noticed when i went there yesterday.

before i sign anything, or take the car, i will inspect it like shit.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

i was about to buy a deck at sounds around a year ago. So we got everything set up and paid but they said they had none in stock but there are some in the warehouse. so they call me back 4 days later telling me that the deck I bought was discontinued and that they can only give me store credit. so my dad bought that credit off me and guess where i went to, VISIONS. Visions has always pleased me and they always get the job done in time and they do everything they can to get everything to be installed in top quality. but i will never shop at soundsaround ever again.

Laurier

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I've had some pretty decent experience at Soundsaround so far, though it's been ages since I've purchased any car audio. I used to purchase stuff at the 32nd location when this one guy worked there (can't remember his name) and he was pretty cool. One time I bought an amp, but it was not in stock, so he had to order it from the warehouse. I went home, took a nap, and when I woke up, it was at the store

But I can understand how some people have terrible experiences. It really depends on the salesman, if you ask me. A lot of them are very pushy and full of shit when it comes to making a sale.

My Ride
    Looking for a car, Got any suggestions?

that crazy bullshit man. go complain to the manager, or wait until they are done and refuse to pay! Serioucly 4 DAYS?!?!?!!?
    Go ape shit on them!

My Ride
    CH9

i'd be careful too...

do you have a security system on your car?

had a buddy who bought a bunch of stuff at soundsaround and an alarm there...

two days later, car broken into, everything cleaned out, alarm bypassed and all...

he suspects the soundsaround employee(s)...
    this is a load of shit! It was not the employee's, just dumb luck, he probally blasted the system when he first got and the thieves just followed him home. I hate when people blame installers for there own stupidity. It gives us all a bad name.

theres always going to be bad apples wherever you go. you just have to hope that you're not the one that gets screwed

it happens in every industry

theres plenty of installers who do amazing work and if I had a job I wouldn't do myself I would get an installer to do the work, like an alarm, which I'll probably get done through impressions because I hear nothing but good things. On the other hand, I never hear good things about soundsaround (and yes, I still bought some of my equipment there.)

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by 95acc

this is a load of shit! It was not the employee's, just dumb luck, he probally blasted the system when he first got and the thieves just followed him home. I hate when people blame installers for there own stupidity. It gives us all a bad name.
    How can you say it was or wasn't the employees??? There very well could have been someone scamming like that, that industry doesn't exactly have the lowest turnover rate....

My Ride
    93 Honda Civic

Originally posted by jdmakkord

How can you say it was or wasn't the employees??? There very well could have been someone scamming like that, that industry doesn't exactly have the lowest turnover rate....

Why would the employees do that. I am a installer and know alot of installers from soundsaround a&b everywhere. You have to give them the benefit of the doubt. 99% chance it was just dumb luck. Don't blame someone before you have all the facts.

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by 00Civic

Why would the employees do that. I am a installer and know alot of installers from soundsaround a&b everywhere. You have to give them the benefit of the doubt. 99% chance it was just dumb luck. Don't blame someone before you have all the facts.
    Yay you are an installer!!! That doesn't mean you are like 100% of the installers in the industry! Theres bad apples everywhere!

My Ride
    NC1

With installers, there are only a few that I trust, I go whereever they move shops to....

And since when did it take a few days to do a few hours work? That is BS man, you should just go psycho on them.......oh wait, your only an ass on the net right? Not in person.....haha j/k
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Looking for a car, Got any suggestions?

Originally posted by max_boost
    With installers, there are only a few that I trust, I go whereever they move shops to....

And since when did it take a few days to do a few hours work? That is BS man, you should just go psycho on them.......oh wait, your only an ass on the net right? Not in person.....haha j/k

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast