Quantcast
province to province inspections? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: province to province inspections?

Default province to province inspections?

Say I move from alberta to manitoba. Do I have to get my car inspected in order to register my car in Manitoba? If so, do you have any idea what kind of things they inspect?

Thanks
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    335i

I bought an out of provice car before:

You have to get an out of province inspection. The inspection is the most rigorous inspection of any kind. They test out almost EVERYTHING, and they all need to be working for it to pass.

If you are worried about it passing, find yourself a mechanic that will sign the paper anyways
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

So can I inspect it in Calgary or do I have to do it once I'm in manitoba. Everything on my car works. I still have my cat and everything. I just don't know if they are going to like my mods.

My Ride
    NC1

Are you moving away? I believe you have to get the car inspected by a certified technician in the province where the car is going to be registered
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I might be moving to Winterpeg for school. Still hoping to go to Western Ontario but we'll have to see if they will accept me.

you might want to ask a motor vehicle transportation(is that what its called?) anyways i know some provinces require you to do emission/vehicle testing to make sure all the parts on your car meet their requirements. i don't think a 3" thermal exhaust and JRSC will pass... anyways good luck

When I had my out of province inspection, they didn't really care about the performance parts. The things they looked for were if the lights were working, daytime running lights, airbags, winshield washers working, driveshafts, basically mostly safety stuff. Shouldn't have to worry about the exhaust or supercharger. I did mine at Canadian Tire and they're pretty easy. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I should call and find out. I hope it is mainly safety stuff or else I'll have to detune my car...for a while

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by 2000impreza
    you might want to ask a motor vehicle transportation(is that what its called?) anyways i know some provinces require you to do emission/vehicle testing to make sure all the parts on your car meet their requirements. i don't think a 3" thermal exhaust and JRSC will pass... anyways good luck
    The JRSC should be fine, not sure about the Thermal though! If JRSC can pass CARB, it'll pass anything here.

My out of province inspection was pretty easy, I don't think you should be too concerned about it. They are just checking to make sure everything is in place and that everything works
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49