Quantcast
Wanted: Engineers, designers, drafters - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wanted: Engineers, designers, drafters

Originally posted by triver525
    the EEs are sitting on the internet reading about them? Lame.
    You nailed it...lol.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

no love for the chem people?

Originally posted by gpomp
    no love for the chem people?
    I hada love-hate relationship with the ChemE's.

I hated them because they seemed to have all the women and electrical had nearly none. I loved them because they had all the women.

Looking for Power Engineers?

Originally posted by stealth
    Looking for Power Engineers?
    Definitely send us your resume. There are different definitions of "power engineer." I think you might have to elaborate. PM me or email me and we'll talk. Or just send me your resume.

sent you an email,

thanks for posting these job opportunities!

Power Engineer/Steam Engineer, I believe there is only one real definition. Example, one who is the operator of Power Plants, Oil/Gas Plants etc. Run High Pressure/Low Pressure Boilers, steam turbines, gas turbines and one who produces Power and etc.

So basically the one who runs/operates plants of various kinds.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

check email
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Originally posted by stealth
    Power Engineer/Steam Engineer, I believe there is only one real definition. Example, one who is the operator of Power Plants, Oil/Gas Plants etc. Run High Pressure/Low Pressure Boilers, steam turbines, gas turbines and one who produces Power and etc.

So basically the one who runs/operates plants of various kinds.
    IC. The reason why I asked is because I consider myself a power engineer. However, that is only because I specialized in power when I did my degree.

To answer your original question, I still don't know. Would you be looking for an operations position? We hire a lot of technical people for design positions because of their field experience.

Whitney

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Default Re: Wanted: Engineers, designers, drafters

I work for a medium sized oil and gas engineering company called Upside Engineering. Due to the incredible pace of the industry we are currently in the middle of a major hiring blitz. We are in need of engineers, technicians, designers and drafters of all skill/experience levels and in all disciplines. If you are looking for a change then please contact me or submit your resume through the website.

I have been working for Upside for coming on 4 years now and it has been a great company to work for. It is wholly owned by one person which means you don't have to deal with the "we have to please the shareholders" mentality. The president is a very likable, accessable, guy who bends over backwards to make the employees feel valued. Not to mention that the wages are extremely competitive.

So what do I get out of trying to find people for Upside? Well, like lots of other places, I get a small (emphasis on small) bonus. But that's not it, if you're an electrical person I may be able to pass off some of my workload to, you guessed it, YOU! Not to mention we could use a couple of car fanatics in the office.

You can contact me through Beyond or just send me an email. Whitney Somerville
    Answering to the shareholdrs mean an opportuntiy for stock options, in the oil and gas industry I'd take the options over a privately owned company unless the pay and other incentives are ridiculous.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    08 GSR

Resume emailed.

IC. The reason why I asked is because I consider myself a power engineer. However, that is only because I specialized in power when I did my degree.

To answer your original question, I still don't know. Would you be looking for an operations position? We hire a lot of technical people for design positions because of their field experience.

Whitney
    Honestly I was just seeing if you guys would hire a Power Engineer.

I am finishing school here on June 9th. If you guys are still hiring, I will send you a resume then.

Thanks

Send in a resume; it never hurts. To be honest though, you're probably going to have better luck with the owner/producer companies who are hiring operations staff.

Any update Whitney?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2