Quantcast
Wanted: Engineers, designers, drafters - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Engineers, designers, drafters

Default Wanted: Engineers, designers, drafters

I work for a medium sized oil and gas engineering company called Upside Engineering. Due to the incredible pace of the industry we are currently in the middle of a major hiring blitz. We are in need of engineers, technicians, designers and drafters of all skill/experience levels and in all disciplines. If you are looking for a change then please contact me or submit your resume through the website.

I have been working for Upside for coming on 4 years now and it has been a great company to work for. It is wholly owned by one person which means you don't have to deal with the "we have to please the shareholders" mentality. The president is a very likable, accessable, guy who bends over backwards to make the employees feel valued. Not to mention that the wages are extremely competitive.

So what do I get out of trying to find people for Upside? Well, like lots of other places, I get a small (emphasis on small) bonus. But that's not it, if you're an electrical person I may be able to pass off some of my workload to, you guessed it, YOU! Not to mention we could use a couple of car fanatics in the office.

You can contact me through Beyond or just send me an email. Whitney Somerville

My Ride
    Audi S4 6spd

What type of engineerings are you looking for? My brother just graduated from UofC with a degree in chemical I think he's looking to become a process engineer but please let me know and I'll him him send a resume.

Upside is a great company, I am working with them on a few of my larger projects and it's been great so far. They have lots of good guys over there, and like triver525 mentioned (and not sure if I've met you, but probably not, our electrical is with Kilowatts), the owner is also a great guy.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by lsc2g
    What type of engineerings are you looking for? My brother just graduated from UofC with a degree in chemical I think he's looking to become a process engineer but please let me know and I'll him him send a resume.
    i would like to know this as well, thanks.

My Ride
    2G Eclipse, FK8

I sent you an e-mail... thanks

What kind of CADD software?

My Ride
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS/93 Honda Civic DX

I'd also like to know what engineers they're looking for. I myself come from a chemical engineering discipline and am currently a process engineer.

I can say for sure that we are looking for mechanical, electrical and process/chemical engineers. Upside also employs a fair number of project managers and is always looking for new people.

Upside recently upgraded to AutoCad 2006.

I will go talk to a couple of people and see what is most needed but I can tell you right now that we are hiring just about everyone from all disciplines. We are looking to iminently hire an experienced instrument/electrical technician.

I will answer all the PMs and emails I have received but for all of you who have sent me requests please be patient it will take me a little while to respond. In the mean time, send in your resume.

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Originally posted by triver525
    I can say for sure that we are looking for mechanical, electrical and process/chemical engineers. Upside also employs a fair number of project managers and is always looking for new people.

Upside recently upgraded to AutoCad 2006.

I will go talk to a couple of people and see what is most needed but I can tell you right now that we are hiring just about everyone from all disciplines. We are looking to iminently hire an experienced instrument/electrical technician.

I will answer all the PMs and emails I have received but for all of you who have sent me requests please be patient it will take me a little while to respond. In the mean time, send in your resume.
    do you use procad software? is this designing and drafting pipelines and stations?
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

Originally posted by gkAeris

do you use procad software? is this designing and drafting pipelines and stations?
    I fear that you are exposing my ignorance to the drafting world. I thought I was pretty good just remembering that we upgraded to AC2006. As for ProCad is concerned, you would have to talk to the mechanical people.

To answer your other question, yes, we do a lot of pipeline and terminal work.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

do you guys have any lower end jobs, for people with just a high school diploma

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

wow, thats sweet! i was going to go for the piping or electrical designer position down at Upside too, but i was hired at Concise Design.

My dad's close friend works there...do you know Rey Castro? He's in the elec. dept.

How's the pay? I might consider moving over

Originally posted by gkAeris

i think ProCAD is standard for all piping, electrical and instrumentation in the oil/gas industry. the company i work for as of late and also my last job used ProCAD. some use microstation but companies usually provide paid training because you rarely learn it in school.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 02-02-2006 at 11:27 AM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

whats the prereqs? my brother in law is fresh out of u of c, and planning to head over to precision but their pretty full already,

Originally posted by 3G
    do you guys have any lower end jobs, for people with just a high school diploma

Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
    whats the prereqs? my brother in law is fresh out of u of c, and planning to head over to precision but their pretty full already,
    Tell your BIL to send us a resume. Prerequisites are just a "wish list" anyway; I don't think I have ever filled all the "job requirements" for any job I've ever been offered. In other words, just get him to send me his resume.

My Ride
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS/93 Honda Civic DX

Originally posted by triver525

Sounds good. I'll amend my resume accordingly and send it in to your company this coming weekend.

First off, for all of you who have already submitted resumes, thank you very much. Another thing, if you have submitted a resume through the website, PM me your full name so that I know that you've submitted in response to this thread.

I just found out that there will be a meeting on Monday or Tuesday to discuss all the resumes that have been coming in to the company and I will be sitting in on it. So that means that if you are even CONSIDERING switching jobs please send me your resume soon. Also, I've talked to a quite a few electrical EITs and absolutely NO mechanical EITs. What's going on? Are the MechE's out there actually working on their cars and the EEs are sitting on the internet reading about them? Lame.

We are actively looking for EIT's and new grads.

sent you a friends resume

i apologize as it is the wrong cover letter.

he has his masters in mech engg.

cheers.

What kind of money are we talking

Originally posted by in*10*se
    sent you a friends resume

i apologize as it is the wrong cover letter.

he has his masters in mech engg.

cheers.
    I just got it. Sorry, I sent a reply asking about the reference to the other company before I read the forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast