Quantcast
Supplement Allergy? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Supplement Allergy?

Default Supplement Allergy?

Last edited by kaput; 03-20-2019 at 06:23 PM.

My Ride
    Lamborgotti Fasterossa XT 550

If ya finding your throat closing on ya after have the shake... might be a bad thing. Are you allergic to dairy products?? Nuts pinapples or anything?? Usually having a protien shake right after your work is a good idea. You wanna try ta have a high and fast absorbing shake right after, like an isolate or a hydro. You also wanna double up your carbs to protien so if ya have 20 grams of protien have 40 grams of carbs 2:1 ration. Somewhere in that ball park, within 45 mins after a workout.. that's why shakes work so well. If your a runner or a triathelete then it's a bit different ratio like a 10 grams of protien would equate to 50 grams of carbs somewhere in that ball park.

My Ride

Yeah the Biox power meal is kinda wierd. First a good meal replacement should contain 2 or more type of protien this one just has an isolate, they mix a buncha stuff in it too make it a meal replacement but kinda shitty cause the protien absorbs so fast and leaves your body fast if not needed so not really a time release. You should give it a try again this time have 1 scoop and 1 banana and blend it with OJ or some sorta juice. If yer still having issues take it back and switch it for ISOxp. Are you by asian any chance??? and as for your stomach now eat some bread or rice and get rdy to shit yerself!!!!.
    Last edited by 00CivicSi; 02-01-2006 at 10:39 PM.

My Ride
    STI

Dude do not drink anymore of that stuff, first reaction is always less sever than the next. If its a true allergy and you drink that stuff again you will be calling 911. lol plz go get somthing else and look at whats in that Biox and see if you can track down what set this episode off.

If it happens again take some benadryl and call 911,

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

You may have developed an allergy to uncooked egg whites, I forget the fancy name. You can get allergies as you get older. I would get a doctor to do a test as it can kill you if you eat something by accident.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by kaput
    I think I'm going to try it again in just a small amount to see if I get a similar reaction. Maybe just a bit of the powder on my lips or something. If this stuff is no good for me, am I out $70 or will they take back an open container?

If I'm able to exchange it for something else, what would be a good simple protein supplement? 00CivicSi mentioned ISOxp, which sounds like a brand. Do I want isolate, do I want whey, do I want a hyrdo (whatever that is?)? Remember I'm very lean and just want to increase the amount of protein I take in daily.

Thanks guys.
    The power meal is a meal replacement powder. If you just want protein without the carbs or fat then Powermeal is not for you.

I doubt they will take back an opened container, but if you tell them your situation they might give you a discount or coupon or something like that.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Last edited by kaput; 03-20-2019 at 06:22 PM.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by kaput

Thank you. You are right, I do not want to replace a meal. I was something to take before during or after a meal or workout to increase my protein intake. Like I said, I dont want some complex stuff for my first round. Maybe when I'm more comfortable taking this stuff. I read some of the other supplement threads and I'm thinking that what I want to get is a whey protein isolate? 00civic suggested ISOxp so I'm guessing that this would be more what I need:

http://www.popeyescanada.com/content...condary_id=362

Am I on the right track? Thanks bud.
    Yeah it sounds like what you are looking for is just a basic protein powder, all it will do is help you take in those extra grams of protein.

If you want suggestions go to this link off the supplements canada website (same as popeyes), where it rates the protein powders:

http://www.supplementscanada.com/ratings.htm

You'll find that 90% of the powders are the same, just different names and prices. They all will have around 22-24 grams of protein per 27-32 gram scoop. Just pick one that is reviewed well and then go from there.

Don't get too tunnel-visioned about the protein powder hype though, it's not going to make a huge difference in your fitness journey. It's a supplement, and that's all, it will help.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Careful with ratings though. Alot of companies will put a protien or an item at the top because it gives them the highest margins ( they make the most money of it) Yer best bet is just ta stick with something basic like Hockeybronx says. It's just a aid. Yer training and your diet is the most important!

Last edited by kaput; 03-20-2019 at 06:22 PM.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Stores usually take it back ....
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride

Popeyes will take it back.