Quantcast
A question for Futureshop employees - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: A question for Futureshop employees

Default A question for Futureshop employees

I heard there were some Futureshop employees here so I might as well ask here.

I have an M:Robe 500i (20GB) Player with a 2-year PSP. I only had it for a few months so far and I'm not too impressed by it due to its low battery life (lasts around 6 hour max. on music with LCD screen off when it claims to have 10) and its crappy random song-choosing algorithm, not to mention that it can't even remember the last song played after I turn it off. The only things I like about the player are the capacity, the touchscreen and the wired remote. The player was selling for $399.99 back then (though I managed to price match it to $212 later on, but that's another story).

I'm currently thinking about trading for the MPIO HX100 but I'm not sure if that's possible because:

1) It's a web-only product
    2) Futureshop says it will let me trade for a player that has around the same features, but there isn't really one that's close, since the M:Robe is the only player that has a 3" touchscreen with photographing capabilities and comes with a remote. I think the video support would be a good replacement for the things the player doesn't have but Futureshop might think otherwise.

If any of you have any good tips or could help me out I'm definitely listening.

My Ride
    has three pedals

I heard there were some Futureshop employees here so I might as well ask here

you were misinformed then ?

My Ride
    V8 Toy

that's like saying... " I bought this TV for a couple months now and it doesn't have the functions I now want. Can I trade it in?"

before you buy anything... do a little research.

That PSP won't let you trade it in for something new.
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

My Ride
    MKVII GTI, LibTech HotKnife&TRice

hahahahahahahahaha ^^^^^^
    Guess who's back... tell some men.

Originally posted by Rav4Guy
    that's like saying... "I bought this TV for a couple months now and it doesn't have the functions I now want. Can I trade it in?"
    No, that's like saying my player isn't performing the way it should be so I want something better. ie. better song randomization and battery life.

And I certainly did do quite a bit of research before purchasing this player, but I've yet to see any reviews that critcizes on its randomization algorithm. Most of the reviews I've seen were pretty positive, which is why I bought it.

I do realize that Futureshop won't let me trade for another player unless they don't have any more of my player in stock... and that's what's happening now.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

I think it will be hard to trade in for the sole reason of it having crappy song randomness algorithm. Maybe you can bring it in because of the battery and upgrade from there but I can't see the randomness of the songs it pick being so critical that they will let you exchange for that.

I know where you can find tons of futureshop employees.

First, doesnt the PSP require your unit to be DEFECTIVE first? I mean, the performance guarantees only covers you when your device's performance drops. If it never had good battery life or randomization, they wont do anything for you. If you complain that it had a good battery and now it doesnt, they'll send it in for warranty to replace your battery. Mp3 players are hard to get a PSP exchange. However, you just got to be creative in the things you complain about. They'll send it in for warranty, give it back to you within 60 days telling you the quote to fix your creative problems are too high and so they'll replace for you. They usually wont want to repair with a price more than half of your unit.

I did this with my Sony Clie UX50 and I managed to get $599+ tax of my original $999 + tax + PSP. I used the device for one year and I bought it when I had the $500 scan and save deal at a grand openning.

I suggest paying a difference for iPod video. IMO, you cant go too wrong with an iPod.

Originally posted by szw
    I know where you can find tons of futureshop employees.

hmm maybe..... futureshop?

God i know which one you are talking about.
    the one with the built in 1.33 mp camera right?

I wanted that one too, cuz it looked cool at the time. Then I saw it... played with it... and thought it was crap.

I donno if you can trade it in. But if you bitch and moan enuff like the guy with price matching of mem X, I'm sure they will let you trade up for a model with more functions as long as you pay the difference.

but I don't work at FS so don't take my word for it.
    Doesn't Jenny work at FS?

My Ride
    Lamborgotti Fasterossa XT 550

Well first of you can't exchange cause it's been more then 30 days. As for the 2 year PSP it hasta be defective and they will send it for repairs. If they can't repair it, then you can either get a new one or upgrade it and pay the difference. Your pretty much stuck with it.

My Ride
    explorer

psp doesnt just cover defective products its a performance gaurentee go in to futureshop and talk to the people in mobile audio and then customer service

Not sure exactly with Future Shop's but don't most warranties start after the manufacturer warranty period, which for most products is a year?

1) the psp does have a performance guarantee. Meaning only if your product is not working as well as the day you purchased it. Batteries are bound to drain after so and so charge cycles.

2) Crappy shuffle algorithm is not a defect.

My Ride
    Model S

a battery life of 50% of the advertised life is definitely a valid claim. itll probably take a lot of fighting, but thats not unreasonable at all. battery life is one of the most important factors of a portable device, so if its living up to half of what its supposed to, youre definitely entitled to something.

i wouldnt bother mentioning the randomization issue though.