Just a trim - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a trim

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Default Just a trim

EDIT: 2006 post date.

Well let's see how this goes...

So I have a wager with a co-worker to shed body fat % in the next 3 months. We're both getting too pudgy and soft, and so it will be fun regardless of who wins. However there is money involved. He's been doing the "body for life" thing for a few months, and wants to run a marathon one day. So chances are I'm going to lose, but that's ok if it's good motivation for him.

I'm 5'8 and pushing 195-200 depending on the day. Computer guy, really long (around 1hr) commute each way, no chance for walking or riding like I used to do.

I wouldn't say I'm a fatass, but I've got a moderate beer gut and handles. I did jiujitsu for many years and my size worked quite well for that. There is muscle under the flab, I swear.

After I quit I was gaining towards 210 so I reduced the beer (rye or vodka + diet instead), dropped the slurpees and chips completely and starting paying attention to smaller portions and not eating late at night (too often). This got me down to 195, with some bouncing back to 200 then back down again etc.

Pretty active for a comp guy, play badminton once a week for 2 hrs, 4 hrs of sword martial arts (this would be low intensity, lots of slow squats and lunges). Also snowboard when I get the chance, and am working on learning how to skate/hockey. I have some weights and a heavy bag in the basement, as well as an eliptical.

Eating habits are shit. I have a ton of allergies (all fish, all nuts, many vegtables, raw egg (and thus I can't stomach cooked egg by itself). Plus because of the alergies I never tried a lot of food, and so when I say I don't like something I mean I'll barf it up immediately.

Breakfast is always a disaster, even eating cereal is tough. I usually grab a rice krispie square while dashing out the door but that's about it.

Lunch - oh dear. I've cut back on the fast food to twice a week, I like to eat a quarter chicken with rice (white no skin) at swiss chalet since it's so close. I can eat the same thing over and over, don't care.

Dinners are better - skinless white chicken breast, white rice, peas, corn, pork chops, steak, potatoes, white pasta.

So my base plan is to get some Whey powder and throw that in a tall glass of skim milk every morning, and chow and apple or cereal. I can make the 10 mins for this.

Not a lot of options for lunchs, will probably stay the same.

Dinners, will I see a benefit switching to brown rice and non white pasta? Reading the labels I don't see much of a difference, but I like either.

Cardio - 90 mins heavy sweat intensity, 4 times a week, not counting badminton or boarding.

Weights - not really sure, I've got dumbells and a barbell, and I do situps, but don't really have a plan. There's no chance of me going to a gym, I've tried and I just don't make the time.

As for any supplements, if I can speed up the results a bit with some CLA or a carb reducer like phase 2 I'm game.

Initial weightin/fat % measuring is this evening I believe.

Opinions, suggestions?

Khyron
    Last edited by Khyron; 01-14-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Sounds like your doing the right things, just stick with it and you should see changes.

My bodyfat % has dropped quite a bit since summer lol
    I retuned my diet and workout schedule and everything has gone the way I wanted it to.

Keep us posted

My Ride
    Lamborgotti Fasterossa XT 550

Lose the carb blocker it just makes you fatter

My Ride
    06 B7 Quattro

Cardio is key, thats what I find, also if you are open to it, get a bottle of zentrex 3, I only use it before workouts or basketball games, gives a lot of energy and it keeps my stomach in check. As for diet, Oatmeal in the morning is great, stick to whole wheat bread, no mayo on anything, this is tough at first but once u get used to it you will never want it, eat fruits, i know how u feel with the nuts and fish allergy, i am the same way, look for granola bars without almonds instead of the rice krispy square, u can get those at wall mart and i also noticed that safeway brand granola bars are now comming without almonds and they are low fat

As for working out, if u are not sure, get a yoga strap, they ususally come with a list of exercises to do, works great and is great for toning, pushups and crunches everyday are good too, bear in mind tho, with crunches I find that cardio is a must, also invest in a swiss ball, you can do lots of exercises on that as well

u got a good plan, this is just some of the things that i do and find it works good for me

good luck and I know you will achieve your goal

My Ride
    You Crazy

3 months....
    doo al the healthy crap everyone else is gonna reccomend.

Then when after teh second month, you are losing the bet... go on the Atkins diet for the last month for the win

My Ride

Well I did mention to him that he never said anything about lipo/tummy tuck surgery for the wager, he just looked at me dumbfounded and said "No way, you wouldn't??". So that will keep him guessing.

So starting weight: 200, 28.5%.

Khyron
    Last edited by Khyron; 05-09-2006 at 10:32 AM.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Sweat lots!

I know that water loss is only superficial and can be gained back in a day or so. so for anyone that thinks that I'm suggesting dehydration, I'M NOT!!!!!

But if you are sweating lots, you are working hard enough, right?

My Ride

So on Feb 8th we went to WH and had a evaluation done, and I guess I was a bigger fatass than I thought.

Co-worker was 216 -> 23.8%, I was 196 (200 on my home scale), 28.5%.

So far that initial burst of fat loss is at around 9 pounds for each of us, I'm expecting around 1lbs/week from now on.

Heavy sweat cardio 4 times a week (1-3 hours), cut out almost all fast food and beer, and am trying the system7 fat loss assist from GNC.

Khyron

Losing weight / fat is simple math.. Burn more than you consume.. I did a 3k jog 3x a week, some floor training pushups / krunches, drank a lot of water and made sure to moderate how much junk I ate.. Stopped drinking pop altogether.. Made sure to have all my major meals in by 7pm... Thankfully, after about 4-5months I was down 40lbs..

-tawheed
    "I think 90% of motorcycle racing is between the ears." -Kevin Schwantz

My Ride
    Lamborgotti Fasterossa XT 550

Originally posted by Khyron
    So on Feb 8th we went to WH and had a evaluation done, and I guess I was a bigger fatass than I thought.

So far that initial burst of fat loss is at around 9 pounds for each of us, I'm expecting around 1lbs/week from now on.

Heavy sweat cardio 4 times a week (1-3 hours), cut out almost all fast food and beer, and am trying the system7 fat loss assist from GNC.

Khyron

Good luck on that man, don't rely to much on the lean system 7. Take every single ingrediant and disect it and you'll find 5 out of the 7 ingrediants are a diuretic, the canadian version is missing 7-keto which actually makes the product work but illegal to have in Canada. As usual GNC will dupe ya Lemme guess?? Make sure you take a very good multi not just any but the Mega Men!!

My Ride
    06 B7 Quattro

good job on the 9 lb loss,looks like u are on the right track, keep eating healthy and keep up the cardio, thats the way to do it, keep us posted on the results

1-Cent is offline If you want to sell shit buy a fucking banner

Is DNP cheating

My Ride

Originally posted by Khyron

Khyron
    Month one, 187 on the home scale, ~1 inch off the waist, clothes are looser. I don't think the system7 is burning anything, but I definately can do more cardio and have more energy. Starting to take some CLA this month as well.

My god whey powder is gross. How some of you can eat 5+ scoops a day, I dunno.

And if I'm losing the bet in the last month I may just be pming about DNP :P

Khyron

My Ride

Month two, 184 at 23.5 fat percentage (bought a scale). That's down from 28.5 % so things seem to be going slow and steady.

Khyron

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

good job man, every little bit counts and even if you dont win you got something out of it

Excellent job man!! I just got myself down from 196 > 170 earlier in the year too. Keep it up.

My Ride

Month three, 179 at 22.5 fat percentage. 2 week cycle of clen.

Bet has been extended for another month since other guy hurt his shoulder and couldn't do weights.

Khyron

My Ride

175.4, 21.5% - waiting for the inevitable plateau...

Khyron

My Ride
    Econo-box

Buy a sauna belt and tell us all if it works

My Ride

172, 20.5% - have started lifting, and am already noticing some changes. Cardio much improved.

End of bet should be this Monday unless he gets called into the field yet again.

Khyron

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast