Quantcast
Mazdaspeed 6 or Legacy GT LTD - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mazdaspeed 6 or Legacy GT LTD

Default Mazdaspeed 6 or Legacy GT LTD

anyone have any commnets on either car? I'm gonna buy one or the other so if you got any comments or knowledge please post...

both seem liek they have their persk, the mazda a bit more creature comforts but the legacy more performance and it has that wicked needle sweep on startup

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

both are sweet!!
    i would go with the mazdaspeed!!
    plus they will be limited so that will be cool

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

mazda 6 all the way
    I nearly bought one until I got engaged and had to save for a house and a wedding...I did a lot of research on it and they are sweet....
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

My Ride
    Mazda RX-7 FC3S

I'm a super mazda fan but I did read a review somewhere that said the MS6 was kinda slow.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

^^ yea it got its but kicked to the legacy spec b.

just pick which one you like more.
    Submaker.Illest.

Legacy GT Ltd. Boxer rumble all the way!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=929826

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Legacy GT for so many reasons.

Looks

AWD > FWD

Faster

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by AsianCaucasian
    I'm a super mazda fan but I did read a review somewhere that said the MS6 was kinda slow.
    The reviews have been rolling in and the numbers vary from 5.5 to 6.2 (0-60 mph) so it's not a slow car by any means.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by bspot

Looks

AWD > FWD

Faster

MS6 is not a FWD car, it's AWD.

I'd take the Subaru.

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Test drive both and form your own opinion.
    I think they are evenly matched out of the gate each has options the other doesn't but the legacy has better crash test and reliability ratings.

Two other cars in the same price range that may also interest you are the Subaru Forester XT models and the Dodge Magnum RT

Personally I'd go Subaru over the other models just because the drive train has been around long enough they have gotten all of the wrinkles out, its a proven winner.

so i test drove the mazda 6 today and it seems like it isnt as put together as the subaru...i mean at first glance it looks like it is way more luxurious inside but it only looks that way. the subaru shows all from the beginning it doesnt hide its flaws while the mazda is the other way around...including the plastic exhaust piece.

power wise i think the MS6 is faster until you get into the engine troubles that a lot of people have experiencing down in the US, supposedly it suffers from either heatsoak or ecu troubles that cause the car to detonate and you need 104 octane gas to keep it from pinging.

i think im gonna end up with the legacy...except the MS6 comes stock with hid's, stability control and that keyless entry/ignition system. the big drawback is the part time AWD because of it the car suffers from some serious understeer.

i may end up flipping a coin

A co-worker bought a Legacy GT a few months ago. The only thing she doesn't like is the high fuel consumption.

Keep in mind that if you want winter rims, you have to go with 17" alloys. No steelies will fit and you can't use 16".

To expand on my earlier post, I know there is a fairly robust aftermarket for the LGT, with ECU flashes, downpipes, exhausts, TMIC etc. I am not sure if the MS6 has the same aftermarket support, or if the direct injection system is more difficult to tune for. If you plan on modifying the car, this is something to keep in mind.

From what I have read the MS6 suffers from IC heatsoak since the TMIC doesn't have a hood scoop feeding it cooler air like the LGT does.

Both cars are sweet, and having looked into both myself (on paper anyway), they are closely matched, both in price and apparent performance. The MS6 gets a 6-speed transmission, instead of 5 for the LGT, right? How do the transmissions compare when driven?

My Ride
    O.P.P.

I took the MS6 for a good test drive.....I enjoyed all the luxury aspects of the car (as opposed to what is offered in my MSP), especially the keyless entry/igniton setup, leather, stock HID's, and of course the AWD. But on the other hand, I also read/felt firsthand that they spool quick/run out of steam up top, due to the tiny turbo they use. Plus the fact they are running 15psi stock scares me, since I would most likely want to up the boost. After the test drive, I decided not to go with the MS6 and most likely will just keep my MSP.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Legacy! subie boxer pimpness! Boosted as well!

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Originally posted by xrayvsn
    To expand on my earlier post, I know there is a fairly robust aftermarket for the LGT, with ECU flashes, downpipes, exhausts, TMIC etc. I am not sure if the MS6 has the same aftermarket support, or if the direct injection system is more difficult to tune for. If you plan on modifying the car, this is something to keep in mind.

From what I have read the MS6 suffers from IC heatsoak since the TMIC doesn't have a hood scoop feeding it cooler air like the LGT does.

Both cars are sweet, and having looked into both myself (on paper anyway), they are closely matched, both in price and apparent performance. The MS6 gets a 6-speed transmission, instead of 5 for the LGT, right? How do the transmissions compare when driven?
    The aftermarket thing is a problem for the Mazdaspeed versions, (at least here in Canada). I found that out with my MSP.
    If you look closely, the hood on the MS6 is a couple of inches taller than a stock Mazda 6 due to the ducts running from the top of the grille to the underside of the hood, which in turn feed cold air to the TMIC.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by bspot

Looks

AWD > FWD

Faster
    the MS6 is all whell drive

the Mazda is more fun to drive but I like the build quality better on the Subaru
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Legacy GT LTD, if you look at your local magazine section in one of the car mags..cant remeber which one they have a test of allwheel drive sedans. Both the Legacy and Mazdaspeed 6 are in that test.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

i would go for the LGT over MS6, due to Subaru is well known for their AWD system. And MS6 is fresh into this drivetrain configuration.
    For form and function, LGT is prime choice.
    MS6 is for cuz i drive a "MAZDASPEED"

My Ride
    '05 Legacy GT

Here's some ratings that road and track did recently with several other cars, including the Legacy GT and the MS6.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26720

I'd go with the subie, but I'm kinda biased

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast