Quantcast
The OFFICIAL Ebay Turbo "Kit" Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The OFFICIAL Ebay Turbo "Kit" Thread

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

Originally posted by hamburgler
    i dont mean to bash anyone and especially you legend boy. your manifolds looks awsome and definatley a quality peice of work. obviously much better than the ebay kits. anyways i found this on honda-tech. thought some of you might be interested. im not saying ebay kits are wicked quality, they are just not as bad as people make them out to be.

sorry, new link

http://www.spdweb.net/index.php?opti...&Itemid=64
    For all we know, that could be a farse created by the owner of ssuautochrome

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I have seen people run these with great success and with great failure. There was a $500 t3/t4 kit rolling around that a few mr2 owners picked up. One guy has had to make tweaks to it here and there but has ahd no issues. The xs power/ssac downpipes seem to hold up fairly well. Ive seen $100 and $400 dp crack so it makes for a tough decision. Personally I would never run anymore than the manifold and dp and maybe maybe the turbo but this stuff is improving and one day it will be just as good as some of the higher priced stff out there. Just to add ,a full race kit for an sr20det did not fit properly and cuts and welds had to be made to make it fit so no one is perfect.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

I have neevr seen this thread until recently, but I can say Legend Boy is spot on. If anyone has the Nov Import Tuner [I think its Nov] it has a whole article with pictures for anyone who doesnt believe that egay is cheap.
    Dont get me wrong some people do have real Garett turbochargers on there, but most of them are shite knockoffs.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

My Ride
    Import bus

Just saw one of these kits come by the shop. All peices will not bolt up without serious modds. The guy paid 1200.00 for it all. We told him we would not put it in knowing that there would be problems down the block. It is all true about the cheapness of this kit.

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

I just recently ordered a rebuild kit for the stock T25, should be here tomorrow... now i'm having mixed feelings. FawK! i should of checked this thread beforehand.

here is the ebay store i bought off of...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...144127505&rd=1

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Well your first hint shoulda been "Turbos R Us".

My Ride
    Lease

good read man

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

Originally posted by ianmcc
    Well your first hint shoulda been "Turbos R Us".

what does this mean? he has no imagination?
    his rating is 99.9%...

My Ride
    2008 Evo X GSR

e-bay for performance is probably as good as this:
    (i actually stumbled upon this accidentally looking for a turbo for my car, took one look and laughed)

http://www.turbonator.com/

and if you actually look through the site (specifically the "What is it" page, there's a chick in a bikini that's about to install it in her car. Like seriously, who works on their car in a bikini??

edit: don't actually contemplate buying this product. It's crap and actually DECREASES your power
    Lurking in a forum near you

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

LOL, i shoulda gave everyone an update to my experience with ebay turbos... well, you guessed it... RIP OFF!

even after priming it with oil before the install, the mofuggah still managed to seize(sp?) on me with not even 100kms on it.. I tried contacting the seller, but no reply just as i expected.

o well, lesson learned after a few hundred gone to waste..

I am brand new to this site so I know I'm going to get flamed for this.
    But has anyone actually installed and run one of these kits? Or is this all from a buddy's buddy, or the one now famous 1 internet pic of a housing that was glued together that split. I am not selling anything (Iknow somebody's gonna say it) nor am I affiliated with anyone.
    I was duped with the draw of the cheap ebay turbo and bought the package for a small block chev. I read all the bad stuff after I sent the paypal payment so it was too late. I decided I would have to try it since I already owned it, and in the interest of keeping this already long post short, it works fine. Some people say it will not last like a Garrett, but I don't know any hotrodder that keeps the same setup for 100k miles. I did do a bunch of fabricating to install it, but the headers were cheaper than I could buy the kit to build them and they are fine. I run twins with 12 psi on a sbc and it does work really good with no problems to report as of yet.
    I'm not saying that we should all abandon the good brand name stuff, no you get what you pay for. If I had bought Garrett turbo's they would last a lifetime. These will last a while and when they die I'll prob be ready to change my setup again anyway, and they were 1/10th the price. The choice is yours. I don't put the name brand decals on the side of my ride though, some people may need name brand stuff for the decals.
    P.S. If you don't believe me, P.M. me, I live in Calgary and will happily show my setup
    Originally posted by InRich
    I think it should be a MINIMUM payment of 20% across the board for any kinda house. Who can't save 20% nowadays, just stop eating out, drive a japanese shit box, and save, its not hard.. have some fucking discipline. Half you niggers shouldn't even be in the houses you live in now.

we can't all drive X5Ms

My Ride
    Broken down B series

A guy my dad works with is making 300hp on one of the Ebay ones on a honda D series. Runs it at 16lbs. Only thing he has wrecked is a headgasket. Been on there for about a year and a half.

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

okay, for my first post here.

First off, I have a DD mx-3 v6 turbo'd with ebay turbo and hot pipes.

I am running a dsm BOV, and turbosmart Wastegate.

the turbo is so easy to remove so I decided to try out an ebay turbo...

shit was I happy after 20,000 kms when it is all still working.

I think that my full standalone megasquirt is helping, but otherwise all is good with my car.

Now, when it comes to my z32, I went all out and bought good brand-name stuff, and I would only buy the good stuff for that car.

My thoughts on this whole topic are:

if it is easy to change, and you can afford to replace the turbo later, go for it. I haven't had any problems with mine, but I wouldn't put them on my Twin turbo Z because it is a PITA to get at those things.

Also, I am having no troubles with my hot pipes in the mx-3, they are that famous SS autochrome....and they are just fine too.

take it or leave it, I just wanted to add my two cents.

when it comes to turbo'ing your car don't go ghetto, buy the right parts the first time and don't deal with headaches. trust me, i've tried ghetto and i've tried authentic parts, the difference is night and day - FinBoy

He pretty well sums it up the best on this one two of my my very good friends both bought single turbo kits for there supras. One Bought the Dave H boostWerx one for like 5 grand the other one bought a cheap shitty knockoff one on Ebay paid about 2 grand i think. The Dave H one was pretty well bolt on Excluding a couple of things and ran fine at about 12psi. The ebay one blew going to Calgary 3 weeks after he bought it and got it installed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2