Quantcast
Another Point of View - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Point of View

Default Another Point of View

Lets Discuss...Im not a racist or discriminate against anyone besides hockey players who wear visors.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    2006 Civic, Lifted Locked flat black Jeep YJ

I think (in regards to the muhammed cartoon), that the muslims should grow a sence of humor. People make fun of canada and canadians all the time, and do you see me givin half a shit? no.

I liked the comic strip though, lol.

Same with the USA. America is always being made fun of by people as the fattest most ignorant and war loving country on the planet.....oh wait, its cause they are.

To the americans on this site, i was just kidding. Please dont shoot/bomb me!
    Last edited by handsomebassman; 02-14-2006 at 01:06 PM.

This just in!

Rioting in the states!
    People firing guns in the air!
    Buildings on fire!
    People dead!

NOT

We DONT CARE whats so hard to understand here.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    This just in!

Rioting in the states!
    People firing guns in the air!
    Buildings on fire!
    People dead!

NOT

We DONT CARE whats so hard to understand here.
    Wow this is news to me riots in the states? people firing guns? buildings on fire? people dead? You guys dont care that may be but whats also true is its the most violent country, in that sense, and I could be mistaken doesnt it have the highest murder rate in the world? Just because alot of people in the states dont wear turbans and scream god is .... whatever doesnt make them more civilised, death is death, murder is muder. Oh and members of my family are American and agree the States is as fucked up as any other place in the world, so dont take it personal. I just hate how people think its wrong if 'they' do it but its fashionable when 'we 'do it.

My Ride
    2006 Civic, Lifted Locked flat black Jeep YJ

Originally posted by knowtheledge

Wow this is news to me riots in the states? people firing guns? buildings on fire? people dead? You guys dont care that may be but whats also true is its the most violent country, in that sense, and I could be mistaken doesnt it have the highest murder rate in the world? Just because alot of people in the states dont wear turbans and scream god is .... whatever doesnt make them more civilised, death is death, murder is muder. Oh and members of my family are American and agree the States is as fucked up as any other place in the world, so dont take it personal. I just hate how people think its wrong if 'they' do it but its fashionable when 'we 'do it.

Well said.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

Personally i think everything the states stands for is bull shit. like said above they do have some of the worst problems when it comes to murder. I just think that maybe the leader of there "great nation" just likes to play risk a bit to much. Look at what is happening down there, instead of trying to make the states a better way to live for everyone they are using there resources to destroy other nations because they are the definition of the world police. I am just sick of hearing about privatization down in the usa which is what brings in poverty. health care shouldn't be a expense. i could rant on and on about the usa because I am just sick of them.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
    Personally i think everything the states stands for is bull shit. like said above they do have some of the worst problems when it comes to murder. I just think that maybe the leader of there "great nation" just likes to play risk a bit to much. Look at what is happening down there, instead of trying to make the states a better way to live for everyone they are using there resources to destroy other nations because they are the definition of the world police. I am just sick of hearing about privatization down in the usa which is what brings in poverty. health care shouldn't be a expense. i could rant on and on about the usa because I am just sick of them.

Don’t confuse a government and it people. Just like our messed up political system, the system is faultily and the wrong people sometimes get elected.

I really hate American foreign policy...its hypocritical...that said, I don't hate the American people. Like with so many governments around the world, once a government comes to power, it’s had to make them accountable or to get rid of them.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

would you count destroying other countrys to be enough to get rid of them? like common, what has been achieved since 9/11. to me, nothing.

Originally posted by rotten42

Don’t confuse a government and it people. Just like our messed up political system, the system is faultily and the wrong people sometimes get elected.

I really hate American foreign policy...its hypocritical...that said, I don't hate the American people. Like with so many governments around the world, once a government comes to power, it’s had to make them accountable or to get rid of them.

Its called Democracy for a reason, wrong people dont get elected. People have the "Right" to choose who they want in the government in turn the government is the people.

Communist.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by Gorilla

Its called Democracy for a reason, wrong people dont get elected. People have the "Right" to choose who they want in the government in turn the government is the people.

Not true....the popular vote does not always win the election in either Canada or the US....this happens when you have regional representation. I don’t think there is such a thing as a true democracy. The past elections in both the US and Canada demonstrate that the government is not always the people. Look at Quebec. Does that reflect the feeling of the country as a whole to have so many separatists elected to the government? How about the fact that the Conservatives were shut out of Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal?

I also don't think it's possible to paint all the people of one nation with one brush. Canada is very diverse across the country....so is the U.S.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

, and I could be mistaken doesnt it have the highest murder rate in the world?
    Yes, the states are probably 1st place on overal murder rates.

But when it comes to "murder rate associated to offensive cartoons" I think the states are pulling a distant second place.
    Last edited by Tyler883; 02-14-2006 at 03:14 PM.

arent they also first in "number of people killed by a country"?

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by Tyler883

Yes, the states are probably 1st place on overal murder rates.

But when it comes to "murder rate associated to offensive cartoons" I think the states are pulling a distant second place.
    Believe it or not, not even close, not even in the top 10

TOP TEN COUNTRIES FOR HOMICIDE, 2003 COUNTRY PER 100,000
    (1) Columbia 63
    (2) South Africa 51
    (3) Jamaica 32
    (4) Venezuela 32
    (5) Russia 19
    (6) Mexico 13
    (7) Lithuania 10
    (8) Estonia 10
    (9) Latvia 10
    (10) Belarus 9
    for the record the U.S had a murder rate of 5.7 in 2003
    Canada a murder rate of 1.7 in 2003
    Last edited by eljefe; 02-14-2006 at 04:04 PM.

Originally posted by rotten42

I also don't think it's possible to paint all the people of one nation with one brush. Canada is very diverse across the country....so is the U.S.
    Nicely said ---- But for some reason, people just can't accept that as the TRUTH --- People have to run their mouths and keep taunting every issue there is -- trying to cause unnecessary problems -- Like there is not enough problems to worry about all ready ---- IMO --

news.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Bicycle

While muslims are still complaining about this, none of them are exterminating the extremist groups which is the source of the problem. The voice of reason is drowned by the voice of rage.

Why the muslims don't understand that extremist must be muffled before their religon/country/government can gain respect.

Americans are far more civilized and quality of life is hand over fist better than the sand huts in Iran.

You say their murder rate is higher? Are you sure you arent creatively leaving out the government executions of their people? There has been 2 lethal judgements against people that committed murder in the US this year.... How many women are killed by their government over in the middle east?

Your anti-american reddddddrick is very typical.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Yay.. more American bashing on Beyond...

Maybe you should be bashing Iran.. they voted in a maniac who wants to wipe Isreal off the face of the map and says the holocoust never happened.

And considering there are 300 million people in the USA thier murder rate is not that bad at all.

Considering the USA has opened its borders and welcomed people from all over the world.. and these backwards fucks in the middle east are hanging rape victims??? WTF

What a bunch of a-holes round here.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 02-14-2006 at 09:44 PM.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by Gorilla
    news.

can't debate that...put then again we had a certain French guy represent us on the world's stage for years looking like an idiot also

J.C. and I don't mean Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by Lex350; 02-14-2006 at 10:35 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast