Quantcast
The Bachelor lifestyle - Tips, Recipes, Pimpin the pad etc. - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor lifestyle - Tips, Recipes, Pimpin the pad etc.

My Ride
    03' Mazda Protege LX

Really good info on this thread.

Any advice for guys living in Bachelor apartments? Thinking about getting one of those, how do they rate on the chick-o-meters? Think it's a turn off or what?

My Ride
    RWD/AWD/2WD

It shouldn't matter if you live in a van or a mansion, you gotta develop game instead of thinking how you rate.

Plus having lots of money helps.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

The whole point of being in bachelorhood is that one usually DOESN'T have a lot of money
    Geek

My Ride
    03' Mazda Protege LX

So basically I'm screwed (the bad way). Thanks guys!

My Ride
    '09 STi

Here are some pictures of my bachelor's pad:

Bed room:

Living room:

Some notes:
    -still need to get a bed frame
    -need to get longer wires for the speakers in the living room
    -no where else to store the bike

My Ride
    Schwinn 21 speed....

Originally posted by hussein
    Here are some pictures of my bachelor's pad:

Bed room:

Living room:

Some notes:
    -still need to get a bed frame
    -need to get longer wires for the speakers in the living room
    -no where else to store the bike
    Jeezus you scared me with the first few pics man I was like wow this guy lives in a closet until I saw your living room. Awesome tv and that couch looks super comfy! Nice place.

My Ride
    RWD/AWD/2WD

Living room set up is pretty pimping.. How are leather couches in the summer?

My Ride
    '09 STi

Thanks guys.

The leather in the summer is great. It is not "sticky" at all. Really comfortable and great for sleeping. Hell, I slept on it last night because I like to, haha.

I need to eventually get some pictures up.

My Ride
    corolla

freakin eh
    cant wait to get my own place in September. This thread will be my bible... haha
    so many good ideas on here.

Tips for buying meat:

Go to Costco and buy bulk. Pretty good prices for decent quality meat. I bought a huge pack of ribs, brought it home and sliced it up into 4 groups, and froze each in different ziploc bags.

My parents buy the huge roasts (I am pretty sure its a roast) and slice them up into how thick they like their steaks. They can get about probably 7 to 10 steaks out of one of these for a far better price compared to buying steaks by themselves. As well, if you dont like really thick steaks (Or cant find the thickness you like) you can slice this into the size you like.

Breakfasts:

By the large muffins from Costco, usually I will buy 2 trays of these. As it would be quite hard to eat all of these before they go bad, put each of them into single ziploc bags and toss them in the deep freeze.

One thing I need a tip on: How to clean shower doors without getting ALOT of water outside of the tub... I can only seem to get one of the shower doors off. Clear shower doors always look disgusting after they get even a little bit of buildup, if you have to use shower doors I suggest getting the fogged looking ones just to ignore the buildup a bit longer.

So far I have been using one of those green dish scrubbies with a good clean (I cant remember the name) and that works for the tub, toilet and sink.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by forced14
    Tips for buying meat:

Go to Costco and buy bulk. Pretty good prices for decent quality meat. I bought a huge pack of ribs, brought it home and sliced it up into 4 groups, and froze each in different ziploc bags.

My parents buy the huge roasts (I am pretty sure its a roast) and slice them up into how thick they like their steaks. They can get about probably 7 to 10 steaks out of one of these for a far better price compared to buying steaks by themselves. As well, if you dont like really thick steaks (Or cant find the thickness you like) you can slice this into the size you like.

Breakfasts:

By the large muffins from Costco, usually I will buy 2 trays of these. As it would be quite hard to eat all of these before they go bad, put each of them into single ziploc bags and toss them in the deep freeze.

One thing I need a tip on: How to clean shower doors without getting ALOT of water outside of the tub... I can only seem to get one of the shower doors off. Clear shower doors always look disgusting after they get even a little bit of buildup, if you have to use shower doors I suggest getting the fogged looking ones just to ignore the buildup a bit longer.

So far I have been using one of those green dish scrubbies with a good clean (I cant remember the name) and that works for the tub, toilet and sink.

I agree with pretty much all he said ^^^ except that I buy all my bulk at Superstore. The only real difference between Costco and Superstore is that Costco a) charges more :P and b) needs a membership :P I've tried foodage from both places and there really is no taste difference O_o!

Then again, I've been living "budget-style" for the past few years, so I'm used to eating what I have :P
    Geek

My Ride
    '09 STi

IMO if the marinade/sauce is great, the meat tastes great.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

IMO if the marinade/sauce is great, the meat tastes great.
    Spoken like a true bachelor Also, a contact grill (foreman grill) will make pretty much anything marinated taste great, and a crock pot (slow cooker) will make even the grungiest meat taste like AAA quality Tools of the bachelor!
    Geek

My Ride
    '09 STi

Originally posted by Vagabond142

Spoken like a true bachelor Also, a contact grill (foreman grill) will make pretty much anything marinated taste great, and a crock pot (slow cooker) will make even the grungiest meat taste like AAA quality Tools of the bachelor!
    Damn, sometimes I wish I had a fancy grill, but I just throw that bitch on the bbq haha.

Originally posted by Vagabond142

whatever happened to your breakfast post, you said you were gonna post?
    i just woke up and im in the mood to make myself something, instead of scambled eggs w/ meat balls or instant noodles. haha

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Damn, sometimes I wish I had a fancy grill, but I just throw that bitch on the bbq haha.
    Contact grills are cheap, I picked up a small George Foreman for $20 on sale. It's great for one or two people who want burgers or just me if I want to make supper.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

This is the one to get if you want a kickass bbq that'll last forever.

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2...nesisE310.aspx

Next on my hit list for cooking utensils. Natural Gas FTW!

Should also mention. Costco for packages of strip loin steak. Get a decent knife, and cut it into really nice 1"ers. One or two to a package. Seal them with a vacusealer, and you're into 15-16 steaks for $60-$80 of nice high quality meat.

To prep, just thaw them out, rub a little olive oil, coat them in montreal steak spice, then put them on the grill. Preheat your grill to smokin hot, sear the juices in fast on both sides, then turn it down to 2/3 and slow cook it through to taste. If you've got one of those electronic forks with the meat settings, you'll probably get it perfect every time.
    Last edited by codetrap; 04-22-2007 at 01:56 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride

Originally posted by yohan4ws
    Ok, for the dishwasher ..

I found over time no matter how much Jet Dry I put in my dishwasher, I started to get a film on all my dishes...

If you want to clean your dishwasher, run a package of tang through it. Yes, the drink mix tang.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by codetrap

If you want to clean your dishwasher, run a package of tang through it. Yes, the drink mix tang.
    Make sure you put the glasses in rightside up and then invite your little sister's friends over for a party after the cycle.

My Ride

Originally posted by Isaiah

Make sure you put the glasses in rightside up and then invite your little sister's friends over for a party after the cycle.
    LOL. Too funny. When my mom told me about it, I didn't believe her, but it really did work great. The best part, no nasty chemicals to worry about leaving residue in your dishwasher. And you kitchen will smell all tangy :P

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast