Quantcast
dual monitors help - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: dual monitors help

My Ride
    Present:1991 Honda Accord EXR

Default dual monitors help

okay, just bought sapphire radeon 9600pro video card... got 2 19" crts... can't get both of them to work... I downloaded the drivers from ATI site... no worky... tired omega drivers... no worky... someone suggested it is because I don't have sp2... so my questions are:

- is there any other way to get both working without sp2?

- I heard if you get a DVI adapter, it can work... how much are the adapters?

Someone help me!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever told you that you need sp2, is stupid.

Despite of the obvious (monitors plugged in) what connections does the 9600 have? 1 vga / 1 dvi? or 2 vga?

If you have one dvi, just get an adapter ($10 at memory)

And from your Display settings panel, (can't tell you exact cuz i don't have my dual set up yet) but there should be something called "Detect" or something. Hit that, and it should detect your second monitor.

From there on, you can configure it from the advance menu.

My Ride

on the video card I have 1 VGA and 1 DVI... I went to vfx web to get the DVI adapter... $4 ... I have both monitors plugged into the video card. nothing... I had to plug in my old 19" to the motherboard VGA. I've tried playing around with the settings but XP hasn't picked up the video card yet... I was told that I have to install the driver for XP to pick it up. But I though XP is plug and play? I tried to do the add hardware wizard... it knows that the video card is there and says that it is working fine but it won't use it. I think it comes down to that I have to download the drivers... but everytime I download them from the ATI site and try to install them, I keep getting an error msg saying that I am missing a certain something, something.... so my guess is that I do need sp2... even on the ATI site it says requires sp2... I just thought there was a way around it.

My Ride
    i dont drive, i fly

right click on the screen (desktop empty space) go to properties then go to settings then go to advanced. then options will depend upon your driver. you should see pictures of two moniters in there .. one dark other greyed out.. right click on greyed out and click enable or something similar.. it shoud start working.

My Ride
    2009 STi

Are you sure your DVI port supports analog monitors?

When you plug one of those adapters in, all you are doing is extracting certain signals from the DVI port (namely analog). They aren't required for a digital monitor to work so some manufacturers don't bother connect them...

All DVI ports will support an analog monitor, that's not the problem.

The problem here is windows doesn't accept the drivers.
    Why not just update to SP2? It's free in Windows Update. Then problem solved.

Unless you don't have a legit copy of winxp... then ya, good luck.

You said there's a built in vga in your motherboard? Try disabling that in the bios, perhaps winxp is getting confused.

You don't need SP2 for dual monitors.

And what's this "error msg" you speak of? What does it say?

My Ride

Originally posted by dreamchaser
    right click on the screen (desktop empty space) go to properties then go to settings then go to advanced. then options will depend upon your driver. you should see pictures of two moniters in there .. one dark other greyed out.. right click on greyed out and click enable or something similar.. it shoud start working.

HELLO!!!!!!!! cannot download drivers!!! therefore cannot select dual monitors, which is the point of this thread.....

My Ride

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
    All DVI ports will support an analog monitor, that's not the problem.

The problem here is windows doesn't accept the drivers.
    Why not just update to SP2? It's free in Windows Update. Then problem solved.

Unless you don't have a legit copy of winxp... then ya, good luck.

You said there's a built in vga in your motherboard? Try disabling that in the bios, perhaps winxp is getting confused.

Thank you!!! finally someone understands! and yes it is not.... well you know...

My Ride

Originally posted by Shrad
    You don't need SP2 for dual monitors.

And what's this "error msg" you speak of? What does it say?

Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware or software.

ATI's website recommends SP2 and the drivers require the Microsoft .net framework be installed.

Go to device manager and look in display adapters. Is the card listed there? Is there a question or exclamation mark beside it? If there is, double click and it will give you the driver error.

Go to the site https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27 and download/install both Part 1 and 2. Try installing the files.

If it fails, install SP2 by clicking on Windows Update in Start > All Programs.