Quantcast
Business Networking Sites / Social Networking places in Calgary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Business Networking Sites / Social Networking places in Calgary

My Ride
    Malibu LS 2003

Question Business Networking Sites / Social Networking places in Calgary

Hi,

I recently moved to Calgary from a major city in USA...As am new here I would like to know if there are any Business Networking Sites / Social 'Professional' Networking places in Calgary where I could meet some professional people...I am married with kids, thus out of the bar/school scene. If you are aware of any, plesase post a URL to these sites. The city I moved from in USA was full of weekend networking events..wonder why calgary is lacking it so badly.
    Thnks,

sanSp

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

This is a really difficult question, I'm not really sure if any such website or club exists. Most professionals in Calgary go out and get drunk on the weekends or for social events, its the way our city works. Most people are content living here because its so close to everything outside the city. The mountains in winter for skiing, or in spring/summer hiking, boating, camping etc.

The only way I really know of meeting other professionals in the area is through the business I work for.. We do hold open houses often but its primarly focused on showing people what our businesses do. That's really the only thing I can suggest, I've met my best friends working at this company ..

Other than that there are seminars now and then but most are related on the same level, not just professional people getting together for a social gathering.

If you do hear about something like this in the future, I'd most certainly like to know about it.
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

My Ride
    M5 Competition

If you want a corporate crowd in a bar scene I suggest hitting up the Met, Fuel, Earls or Ceili's afterwork on any week day. All are situated within walking distance of each other.

What field are you in? If you're in IT, there are a bunch of IT User groups that you could join. You could also always catch a luncheon at the Calgary Chamber of Commerce.

Apegga for Engineers. I always thought it was just Engineers who liked to join and form these 'associations', but perhaps Business people have them also hah.