Quantcast
So, I was assaulted last night. Advice? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: So, I was assaulted last night. Advice?

My Ride
    2008 Ranger

Default So, I was assaulted last night. Advice?

I was having drinks with my friends at Outlaws, like every other week. I was meeting people, hanging out with old friends, etc. Towards 1 oclock, I was chatting with a group of people I just met, and out of nowhere, two bouncers grabbed me from behind, threw me on the ground, and then proceeded to toss me. I was not acting violent, or aggressive, and was not even asked to leave before this incident occurred. What are my options for pressing charges? And what other advice do you people have that I might find helpful?

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

You can press charges and just make sure you have credible witnesses to back up your story...just my 2 cents
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

My Ride
    2008 Ranger

I've got a few witnesses. My elbow hurts like a bitch, lol. Anyways, I'm waiting on a response from the CPS and from Outlaws staff.

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

MAYBE, you will get a vip outlaws card or some shit
    the case would get thrown out.

Good luck. If you look like an asshole or are trhe typical club-going poser-thug, you won't get anywhere. Maybe just don't go back.

My Ride
    2008 Ranger

Club poser? I'm the most laid-back kinda guy. If it did go to court, I guarentee I'd win the case. I'm not trying to get anything out of this, I just want to prove to them that it's bullshit. You don't attack a guy from behind, throw his ass to the ground, then haul him out for talking to people.

My Ride
    SL500

Originally posted by Jesus
    Club poser? I'm the most laid-back kinda guy. If it did go to court, I guarentee I'd win the case.
    I wouldn't be to sure about that. It really doesn't matter how laid back and "nice" you are. You were in a bar it was 1 am , I am sure the bouncers will have as many if not more "sober" employees and management personel that will say you were drunk obnoxious and refused to leave, or caused a problem or whatever. I am not suggesting you did at all but you have to be realistic here and realize that its going to be their word against yours, and your word and that of your friends will be tainted by alchohal in the eyes of a judge. Its not right or fair but more likely to pan out that way. it sucks. I wouldn't go back to the place , let some other bar get your money next time.
    Last edited by bacchus; 02-24-2006 at 08:37 AM.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

dont waste your time, move on you wont be able to press charges

There's no way to win against bouncers if you've been drinking.

It's some drunk guy's word against sober people that are working. And they'd have no trouble digging up 20 sober witnesses that said you were belligerant.

Were you chatting with any cute girls? Bouncers sometimes toss out guys or harass guys so their friends can come along and take the women...
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by civicrider
    dont waste your time, move on you wont be able to press charges
    QFT.

It's a waste of time.

That sucks! But yea, outlaws is a total dive. there are way better places to spend your money.

hope everything works out.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Why the fuck would you go to Outlaws in the first place...is it for the under-age hookers.....the pimps...drug dealers.

The place is just not a good place to go.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    WRX STI

if u do go through with the court thing, go to the doctor and get a note for your elbow or someshit, that will help you.

My Ride
    Civicnation

thats why i hate bouncers. think they're the shit... while in the real world they're nobodies...

My Ride

With all the bouncer thrashing I thought Id post a article I found on CollegeHumor:

It Aint Easy Being A Bouncer

People dont really know me. They think they do, but they dont. They just see me as the giant at the front of the club. They know Im huge, I mean totally fucking jacked out of my mind, and they know Im totally cool, (Do you think a nerd would spend so much time in the gym building muscles like these?) but they dont know the real me.

I am a bouncer. I stand at the front of bars or clubs and check the IDs of people coming inside. Depending on the rules my boss gives me, if someone is under 21, I either flex and turn them away, or I flex and mark an X on their hand. People get mad at me, when I catch them with fake IDs and dont let them in, but its not my fault. Do you think I like marking¯ on your hands? Do you know how limiting that is to my creative juices? I have spent many a night lying awake in my totally sweet leopard print bed; just waiting for the day my boss says Okay, D-Bo, tonight instead of using an ā¯, we're going to draw a Unicorn.¯

And people think I™m stupid, just because Im totally fucking huge. Well Ive got news for those people; Shut up, and no Im not. I mean just because my biceps are the size of toddlers, doesnt mean that I dont appreciate the science or the arts. I mean, just yesterday, right after I was doing some power cleans, I mixed some Stacker 2 with some Creatine and some Ephedra, and now my lats are looking ripped. I mean A.C. Slater right after making sweet, sweet love to Jessie Spano ripped. And as for the arts, I have and appreciation for music and cinema that you would not believe. When Im driving to work in my Festiva, nothing puts me in the mood for checking IDs and telling drunk sophomore girls to stop dancing on tables then listening to some Pan-fucking-tera. And there is no better example I have found then Patrick Swayzes uncanny rendition of James Dalton in Roadhouse. I mean, I doubt that any other actor in Hollywood could have said the line, Take the biggest guy in the world, shatter his knee and he'll drop like a stone,¯ and have it mean so much to so many people.

People sometimes make the mistake of thinking Im an asshole, but thats not true at all. Its just that I work late into the night and sometimes, Im tired. Sorry, if I dont smile at you, or if I dont offer any explanation as to why youre not getting in, even though you swear to God you are the first blond haired blue eyed girl to ever be named Jamal Muhamad Aziz. You try carrying around arms this heavy all day and see if you feel like being nice at the end of it. Besides its just like what Patrick Swayze says to his bouncers in Roadhouse, I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice.¯

Sometimes the ungrateful punks who come to the club make fun of the way I look, and Id be lying if I said it didnt hurt my feelings. I mean, I know their just jealous of my sweet black jeans and Adidas Superstar shoes. They totally wish they could make a black tank top look this good, but they cant. And sorry if I wear this big gaudy silver cross, but it has sentimental value. It was a graduation present. Well, actually, it was a present that I got on the day I passed my GED High School equivalency exam, but I still wear it with pride. Besides, your probably just mad that your girl eye-fucked my brains out when she saw my frosted tips, and my sweet tattoo of a dragon choking the shit out of Minnie Mouse. I keep my hair standing at attention like this, because a party could break out at any second, and I dont want to ever be underdressed.

Im sorry if I come across as being rude or short with anyone. Its just that once I get five or six Red Bull and Vodkas in me, I can get a little jumpy.

Sorry, I must be boring you out here, when youre trying to get in and drink. Here, let me see your ID. Youre over twenty one you say? You dont look six five. HMMM Anti-Tanning? I didnt know that existed, but I guess it explains why you dont look dark anymore. Whats your sign? Yep story checks out there a Capricorn. Do you have a second form? Yeah, I also go out with a wallet full of money but no credit cards and only my old tattered drivers license. Well whats your address? I mean, if you were able to memorize the address written on this card, then it must be yours.

Go on in, buddy, but just know that there is more to me than being totally fucking jacked and acting like a douche bag to people when they come in here. Im a sensitive, complex, and emotional individual, and though I may come across as being a massive tool, I really just want to be understood. Is that so much to ask of people? Start any shit in there and I'll break your face.
    Last edited by 5hift; 02-24-2006 at 10:39 AM.

My Ride

Bouncers are fags, chances are they were proably drunk and just decided to pick on you because they could. It will be hard to charge them I would say, but I would still at least attempt it to raise awareness of whats going on. If everyone that this kinda shit happened to complained, maybe it wouldnt be happening how often it does.

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

wow 5hift that looked like a pretty good read but after the first paragraph I couldn't keep going due to all the ' turning into ā€™ it make it realy hard to read.

Who are your witnesses, Matthew, Mark, Luke & John?
    A Bimmer a day helps you work rest & play!

My Ride

Originally posted by Pee_Sack
    wow 5hift that looked like a pretty good read but after the first paragraph I couldn't keep going due to all the ' turning into ā€™ it make it realy hard to read.
    Sorry about that , I dunno what happened. Anyways I think its fixed

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz R class, Mercedes Benz E class

I would go back there tonight, make sure the same guys are working, and re-adjust their knees with a Louisville slugger.

Unprovoked attacks like this piss me off and cause MAJOR retalliation.

lets organize a "Beyond Bouncer Education Night"
    don't forget your masks!!

www.bmwvsmbz.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast