Quantcast
dentist - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: dentist

Default dentist

hey who goes to u of a or u of c, can anybody tell me if u can take science bachelors degree without physics ?
    cause i hate physics, but the one program i want to take need physics 30 and i only have physics 20 and its my last year in high skool

i would like to get in to dentistry but i dunno how any help ?

My Ride
    Civicnation

http://www.med.ualberta.ca/dental/do...albrochure.cfm

read up.
    you need 6 credits in physics (ie: two courses).

My Ride
    a wrx.

http://www.cda-adc.ca/en/dental_prof...ming/index.asp

That's a good place to start. Another thing to keep in mind is to work your ass off right from the start!! I didn't really take things seriously until fairly late; now I'm screwed! I graduated last year, but I'm in University for a 5th year just upgrading marks (or erasing fuckups) from earlier on. I know a dude that's younger than me and already half done dentistry while I'm still struggling with interviews and shit...

Forget about your social life, forget about friends, forget about everything for two years straight...get the 4.0s...get into dentistry...then you can have your life and all that back. Best way to do it IMO.

dang it guys i hate physics!

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

I was looking into dentistry a few years ago, but you can only take it in edmonton (U of A), luckily your there already

My Ride
    V167

Yep you will need a full year of physics for every dental and medical program that I can think of. My brother will be taking it this summer in Calgary.
    As GTSJeff said, getting in is NO JOKE, if you work your BUTT off (literally) during your first 2 years you can be in by the end of 2nd year. Screw up your first year and you are basically...well...screwed. Have fun doing another 2 years of BS to make up for it.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

That's a good place to start. Another thing to keep in mind is to work your ass off right from the start!! I didn't really take things seriously until fairly late; now I'm screwed! I graduated last year, but I'm in University for a 5th year just upgrading marks (or erasing fuckups) from earlier on. I know a dude that's younger than me and already half done dentistry while I'm still struggling with interviews and shit...

Forget about your social life, forget about friends, forget about everything for two years straight...get the 4.0s...get into dentistry...then you can have your life and all that back. Best way to do it IMO.
    Best Advice ive heard for a question on this forum PERIOD! Iam im pre-dentistry(ie:Bio-Chem with a transfer from UofL to UofA) and you really do have to bust your ass 24/7 if you expect to get anywhere....give the next few years of your life to school, then reap the rewards. Good Luck

Suck it up and take the physics. Do physics 30 in the summer if you have to and then take the entry level university physics. You can still take it in your second year of university, if you don't have the physics 30 pre-req when you register. Physics is a pre-requisite for pretty much every med/dent program in the country.

Even if you work your ass off for 2 years, there is no guarantee you will get in. I had a combined 3.85 GPA after my first 2 years of undergrad, but did not get into med school until my last year of BCEM.

Once you get in, don't expect that it will be an easy time. While the concepts are not difficult, the amount of information you need to learn can be overwhelming, but manageable. Med/Dent at the U of A shares a common first 2 years, so I know firsthand that you don't really have the luxury of slacking. That said, if you can get through an undergrad degree, med/dent isn't going to be a problem, it just takes more discipline.

Originally posted by xrayvsn
    Suck it up and take the physics. Do physics 30 in the summer if you have to and then take the entry level university physics. You can still take it in your second year of university, if you don't have the physics 30 pre-req when you register. Physics is a pre-requisite for pretty much every med/dent program in the country.

Even if you work your ass off for 2 years, there is no guarantee you will get in. I had a combined 3.85 GPA after my first 2 years of undergrad, but did not get into med school until my last year of BCEM.

Once you get in, don't expect that it will be an easy time. While the concepts are not difficult, the amount of information you need to learn can be overwhelming, but manageable. Med/Dent at the U of A shares a common first 2 years, so I know firsthand that you don't really have the luxury of slacking. That said, if you can get through an undergrad degree, med/dent isn't going to be a problem, it just takes more discipline.
    true dat
    ima take this physics !!

My Ride
    2001 Celica GT-S

Getting into dentistry is a tough part...

I luckily got into U of A dental school after 2 years in sciences.

It's true, you must bust your ass off when you're in sciences to get the best possible marks.

Good luck man

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Aint that just it....hindsight is so clear.....I wish i could start uni over

Like people have been saying. Just suck it up and do the physics. If you want to get into dentistry you'll have to jump through all the hoops they tell you to. Don't get discouraged. Just keep plugging away and you will eventually get in.

Be prepared be a long haul. I feel like I've been in school forever. 2 more months though and I'll be released onto the public.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Originally posted by B18C
    Like people have been saying. Just suck it up and do the physics. If you want to get into dentistry you'll have to jump through all the hoops they tell you to. Don't get discouraged. Just keep plugging away and you will eventually get in.

Be prepared be a long haul. I feel like I've been in school forever. 2 more months though and I'll be released onto the public.
    Beyond discount?

first year physics was a joke
    it was almost the same material as phy 20/30, but a lot more in depth
    and the labs/tut would earn u most of the marks, at least couple yrs ago ppl pooled their answers during tutorial time, and if you really didn't know how to do it, the TA's would almost tell you the answer

but being in school, esp. med and dentistry includes taking courses you don't want to, it's sort of a test of ur endurace imo