Quantcast
drive by shooting - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: drive by shooting

My Ride
    02 RSX Type-s

hahaha did you read the thread about that lady who tried to stab the cop? thats a good time to bring a gun to a gun fight lol
    Originally posted by DeeK
    Fat girls need love too, they just have to pay for it.

My Ride
    2001 Honda civic si

Kids join gangs cause there is easy money to be had easy money is great, why work when you can smoke weed fuck bitches and play everyday, and besides all your friends are doing it. Why graduate from highschool and end up working labour like everyone else around you when you can sit a house make more money then your parents and party.

nobodie likes to work for what they want, if they can get it easy, most will.

I hate people who chase money, they'll do anything - sell crack to the kids.

I don't know if Calgary is anything like Vancouver as far as gangs go, but in Van it's not uncommon for Indo-Canadian gang members to be university students.

WTF!? I guess higher education is lost on those fvckbags.
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

in van it's not about money, it's only about 'joining' the gang
    unlike here, most complications arise from money-related things

My Ride
    All white 2003 Nikes

I personally don’t really look down on anyone in a gang. I realise there are some cats out there that do it because they wanna be hype or some other superficial reason, but there are other people that do it because they have few options. I realise that’s not much of an excuse, but I do think that these people aren’t really represented too often. I look at myself knowing that if I was a dumber person or my mother didn’t raise me the way she did or some other small change was made in my history, I would be running in the streets. Not because it’s cool, not because Jay-Z says it’s hype or some other nonsense like that, but because I’m hungry. If I can’t get food at home I’m going to have to get my own. It’s all well and good to say, fighting should be one on one, but consider that the “competition” maybe causing you or your people to go hungry. What do you do then? Be “fair” and take the risk of being hungry, or make sure that your family is fed? I’m not going to act like it’s the moral thing to do, but I do believe that I would do the same thing for the reasons I’ve stated. I will not try to deny that there are those that do it for fun, but there are also those that choose that lifestyle because of limited options. As far as the mental preparedness of the third passenger, I would contend that the passenger would have little idea who was doing the shooting or the intent of the shooters. One might suggest that the shooters, in an attempt to not be ID’d would kill all witnesses, there fore protecting ones self is wise. I have heard that this is the sixth homicide in Calgary this year, I find it hard to believe that one would be prepared for an event that occurs that rarely. One might say that six by march is not rare, but I would not be surprised if this was the first homicide the third person witnessed.
    Black men walkin' wit' white girls on they arms
    I be mad at 'em, as if I know they moms
    told t' go beyond tha surface a person's a person
    when we, lessen our women, our condition seem t' worsen
    Common - Real People

George Bush does not care about black people - Kanye West

My Ride
    2000 Prelude

Originally posted by dragonone
    nope

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

It's easy enough for you armchair crime experts to say "it's instinct to look for license plate #" but I can almost guarantee you that if you're getting shot at, getting the license plate # is gonna be last thing on your mind
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

armchair experts...
    haha

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by WhiteNikes
    I personally don’t really look down on anyone in a gang. I realise there are some cats out there that do it because they wanna be hype or some other superficial reason, but there are other people that do it because they have few options. I realise that’s not much of an excuse, but I do think that these people aren’t really represented too often. I look at myself knowing that if I was a dumber person or my mother didn’t raise me the way she did or some other small change was made in my history, I would be running in the streets. Not because it’s cool, not because Jay-Z says it’s hype or some other nonsense like that, but because I’m hungry. If I can’t get food at home I’m going to have to get my own. It’s all well and good to say, fighting should be one on one, but consider that the “competition” maybe causing you or your people to go hungry. What do you do then? Be “fair” and take the risk of being hungry, or make sure that your family is fed? I’m not going to act like it’s the moral thing to do, but I do believe that I would do the same thing for the reasons I’ve stated. I will not try to deny that there are those that do it for fun, but there are also those that choose that lifestyle because of limited options. As far as the mental preparedness of the third passenger, I would contend that the passenger would have little idea who was doing the shooting or the intent of the shooters. One might suggest that the shooters, in an attempt to not be ID’d would kill all witnesses, there fore protecting ones self is wise. I have heard that this is the sixth homicide in Calgary this year, I find it hard to believe that one would be prepared for an event that occurs that rarely. One might say that six by march is not rare, but I would not be surprised if this was the first homicide the third person witnessed.
    I agree with most of the points you made but I seem to have a bit of a problem to your reasoning to how some of them have limited choices to feed themselves and their families so they join gangs. If this was the States I will totally agree with you on that point but here in Calgary I think they are enough opportunities to make ends meet. the last i heard Alberta is having problems filling job vacancies I could be wrong but their reasoning for joining gangs is not valid. the only thing I see is that it is easy fast money with no taxes to pay....and I am sure that they know that the side effects of joining a gang could mean death to you and the familiy members who you are trying to feed.
    Last edited by afrotl; 03-10-2006 at 11:07 AM.
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

Originally posted by afrotl

i agree with most of the points you made but I seem to have a bit of a problem to your reasoning to how some of them have limited choices to feed themselves and their families so they join gnags. if this was the States i will totally agree with you oin that point but here in Calgary I think they are enough opportunities to make ends meet. i could be wrong but their reasoning for joining gangs is not valid. the only thing i see is that it is easy fast money with no taxes but maybe death
    very true there are ample jobs that pay 8-10 per hour with minimum experience (high school).

if a person picked up 2 of these jobs and worked 50-60 hours a week they could get by fine.

Joining a gang for easy money is the lazy way out
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by dragonone
    Where do you get this shit from? OF COURSE it's about the money in Van.

My Ride
    08 JK, 09 Thruxton 900

Gangs fill an emotional need for acceptance and protection as well as providing money. They allow someone who feels alienated or inadequate (read: 90% of teenagers) to feel like they are a part of something-- that they are different in a way that makes them unique, more powerful and protected.

Normally, this is what families and communities are for. But it appears that we're living in a world where we increasingly isolate ourselves from interaction with one another. If your family isnt' there for you, and your community isn't there for you, you're on your own and it's an uneasy feeling.

That being said, I have no sympathy for gang members. If you join a gang you deserve whatever punishment you recieve. Everyone knows the consequences. I don't feel sorry for the families of dead gang members because they're the ones who failed to stop their child/sibling/whatever from becoming a gang member. And I don't feel sorry for the communities who feel that they're unfairly targeted by the media. Those communities helped create the gang members and are now currently protecting killers.

Right now there are several murderers walking around this city. Their friends and families know who they are yet do nothing about it. It makes me sick to think about it.

It takes an individual to join a gang, but there are larger social forces that push them in that direction. You can't fix the problem without changing the social conditions that created it in the first place.
    Originally posted by syeve

Oh man, you must be some type of genious...

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

Originally posted by Fivewayradio
    Right now there are several murderers walking around this city. Their friends and families know who they are yet do nothing about it. It makes me sick to think about it.

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by WhiteNikes
    I personally don’t really look down on anyone in a gang. I realise there are some cats out there that do it because they wanna be hype or some other superficial reason, but there are other people that do it because they have few options.\
    That is weak man, totally weak. I personally will look down on someone in a gang involved in violence and/or pushing drugs and other criminal intent. Why? Because they made a choice based on their values and morals.

If I was down and out and had to feed my family I do not have to go join a gang. What a crock of shit, those who join a gang are not forced to join there are always choices that can be made. If the values a person holds lead them to join a gang as opposed to trying to help themselves or family in a constructive way then I can and will look down on that person. I can't imagine a better way to put your family at risk than to join a gang.

My Ride
    02 RSX Type-s

yeah thats bulshit i read in a elevator at work on the news that unemployment is at is lowest which is 6.4%

i could be wrong tho
    Originally posted by DeeK
    Fat girls need love too, they just have to pay for it.

My Ride
    J30t G20t G35x

Eh, that's just life in E-Calgary. If you don't like it, move to West Sarcee area, and you'll NEVER worry about getting stuck in crossfire.

I remember just 4 years ago, nobody would ever shoot here (mAybe once a year), and Calgary's nickname then was 'stab city' now the guns are just fucking it up

Originally posted by Das_Amaretto
    Eh, that's just life in E-Calgary. If you don't like it, move to West Sarcee area, and you'll NEVER worry about getting stuck in crossfire.

I remember just 4 years ago, nobody would ever shoot here (mAybe once a year), and Calgary's nickname then was 'stab city' now the guns are just fucking it up
    heh do you remeber that one night where there were like 6 stabbings in 1 night?

an hour long news segment and most of it was stabbing reports
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by eljefe

That is weak man, totally weak. I personally will look down on someone in a gang involved in violence and/or pushing drugs and other criminal intent. Why? Because they made a choice based on their values and morals.

If I was down and out and had to feed my family I do not have to go join a gang. What a crock of shit, those who join a gang are not forced to join there are always choices that can be made. If the values a person holds lead them to join a gang as opposed to trying to help themselves or family in a constructive way then I can and will look down on that person. I can't imagine a better way to put your family at risk than to join a gang.
    Here here.

Originally posted by khtm

Where do you get this shit from? OF COURSE it's about the money in Van.
    'cause u've tried to make it in van?
    or u kno 'frnds' that did?

the 'older' ppl would realize fighting over power or face earns you nothing. it's all about the money, here at least
    vancouver's infested with teenage gangsters, and do they make money? nope
    it's hard to make money in van, they're really tight

but i have to agree with what ppl said in other posts, if you don't hang around that crowd, the chance of being shot should be less than getting hit by a car

My Ride
    has three pedals

Originally posted by ringmaster
    at least the gang members are killing each other and not innocent people.. doesnt make it right but as l8braker said, at least they chose a spot where there was no one else around.
    "Asians killing asians, helping controlling the population. Can't complain.

There was another one too... cant compain either."

- guy at work

ouch.. kinda racist, but almost kinda true ? Still sad its happening in our city.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3