Quantcast
WRX owner gets OWNED by fellow board members - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WRX owner gets OWNED by fellow board members

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by 91_Integz

You wouldn't be saying that if you were in his position....
    uhh why the fuck would i be in his position to begin with?! im not a con artist, are you?

its like a thief saying "damn, why the fuck did u call the cops on me?"

My Ride
    00 GTS

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    they werent "ratting him out".

think about it. when the dude scams SOA, SOA has to pay for the repairs. where does that money come from? car sales. the more ppl u have scamming the warranty, hte higher the cost of the cars. so really, the guy scamming the warranty is actually scamming every other subaru owner out there.
    They did in fact "rat him out" because it was not their business to be involved at all.

True, if SOA is scammed they lose money but this should teach the company to be more careful (their cars do not blow up and display these symptoms without some sort of tampering or abuse and their mechanics know this)

Know the saying "buyer beware"? Well, the same idea applies to businesses as well.

I do see your point and i agree that SOA should not have to pay for this, but i also think that the company should be smart enough to recognize that something had been done to the car to cause this problem, if they don't realize it then that's their fault. I just think people should generally try to mind their own business.

My Ride
    pedals

yup, dumb for talking about it, but what a bunch of ass holes. Fuckin ratting him out. What ever happened to "nobody likes a tattle-tale"??? That bugs me. He probably wouldnt have gotten away with it anyways.

My Ride
    MDX

he was clowning on a forum and got OWN3D huge. Period. Rat or no rat, he deserved it.

My Ride
    pedals

there is a difference between getting you "e-feelings" hurt and getting you personal life fucked with. Somebody on the forum crossed the line and it really bugs me. As before, he probably wouldnt have gotten away with it anyways. Mechanics arnt usually retarded beyond belief.

My Ride
    '04 E46 330ci ZHP

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    uhh why the fuck would i be in his position to begin with?! im not a con artist, are you?

its like a thief saying "damn, why the fuck did u call the cops on me?"

I said IF! IF you had a chance to get thousands of dollars in repairs for FREE, i would bet my life you WOULDN'T pass it up. You would never say, "oh i think this is because of the mods i put on my car so don't worry, i'll cover the bill"

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

I said IF! IF you had a chance to get thousands of dollars in repairs for FREE, i would bet my life you WOULDN'T pass it up. You would never say, "oh i think this is because of the mods i put on my car so don't worry, i'll cover the bill"

I wouldn't go back and publicly post that I'm scamming either.

There are tonnes of people with high moral value out there that whether the issue was the money spent repairing or just plain out lying that will report someone like that.

not everyone is like that. when i blew a head gasket i paid out of my own pocket to fix it. at the time i was prepared to buy a whole new short block..... i could have just taken all the mods off and played stupid...

My Ride
    a wrx.

IF i had the chance, i still wouldnt take it. im not a crook. i guess that cant be said of u tho.

i think this debate all boils down to where people draw their lines . . . i for one am not a crook in the sense that i will come and steal shit from you but if given the opportunity to hook up a free engine at the dealership, i am going to take it . . . i will not however let the whole world in on it so that i can get busted . . . some of the people on here arguing over this are being a little hypocritical . . . how about copyrighting software, music and the like . . . it's all the same shit, there is a grey area between right and wrong, depends on where you draw your line in that area and if you're happy with the fact you can hook shit up for free, then so be it and if it makes you happier that you pay for it yourself, then good for you

My Ride
    00 GTS

Originally posted by bksze
    i think this debate all boils down to where people draw their lines . . . i for one am not a crook in the sense that i will come and steal shit from you but if given the opportunity to hook up a free engine at the dealership, i am going to take it . . . i will not however let the whole world in on it so that i can get busted . . . some of the people on here arguing over this are being a little hypocritical . . . how about copyrighting software, music and the like . . . it's all the same shit, there is a grey area between right and wrong, depends on where you draw your line in that area and if you're happy with the fact you can hook shit up for free, then so be it and if it makes you happier that you pay for it yourself, then good for you
    That says it all

My Ride
    '04 E46 330ci ZHP

Originally posted by bksze

I couldn't have said it any better myself!

My Ride
    1999 Impreza hybrid CLOSED DECK!

Originally posted by rage2
    IMO the "rats" are a bunch of hipocrates. I'm sure if they modded their cars and it blew up, they would've done the exact same thing, return to stock and get warranty. I do NOT believe for 1 second that any of them would "do the honorable thing" and bite the bullet, and pay for a $5k repair job themselves.
    Man i ponied up on my repairs... sigh ... maybe i shouldn't have since i''m so damn poor now hehehe... i couldn't look someone straight in the face and said the engine broke by itself...I'm a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2