Quantcast
Vehicle Modifications: Wondering what is legal and what is not? Your Answers Are Here - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Modifications: Wondering what is legal and what is not? Your Answers Are Here

My Ride
    2008 Lancer

Great thread! Thanks to the Author for takin' the time!

My Ride
    has three pedals.

I don't want to see "last post by evillancer" in the column anymore. This is why I post here.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    Loud ass Dodge-deal with it

Gotta love Alberta... last time I got pulled over doing 140 on the ring road the cop didn't even say f all about my exhaust and lack of mud flaps.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-16-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Originally posted by 1slw4dr
    i just got pulled over the other day for my tint just when i got out of the car wash so of course my windows were up and the cop seen me from the other side of the road pulled over and waited for me to pass by him to pull me over i got a 57 ticket and this other yellow ticket saying i have 60 days to pull my tint off or i get my car impounded and the cop completly ignored the exhaust
    still bullshit
    i seen like 5 cars with darker tint than mine drive by while i was pulled over
    it fucken ruined my day
    \

yours isnt half as bad as mine. i pulled into my driveway after work, my windows were rolled down, the cops just happen to be accross my house for whatever fucking reason. walks accross the street and says roll your windows up. then tickets me, infront of my house as my dad pulls in.

my shit was completely done from the dealership, car was like that when i picked it up. brand fucking new too

Those laws are stupid, flames out the exhaust FTW

My Ride
    2008 Evo X GSR

So I know DRLs are to be white or amber only, but is there any laws about placement of said lights? Ie front bumper or as fog lights?

Also for the part that states a person may not apply anything that adds coloration to the headlamp, does thar include headlight tint, which darkens as opposed to changes color output?
    Lurking in a forum near you

My Ride
    2003 gmc

Default high beams and fogs

i just got a ticket for having my fog lights and high beams on at the same time does anyone know if this is an actually traffic violation? also the ticket says no use low beams while fogs lights used am i able to get outta this ticket?

My Ride
    2008 Evo X GSR

Default Re: high beams and fogs

Originally posted by bhog
    i just got a ticket for having my fog lights and high beams on at the same time does anyone know if this is an actually traffic violation? also the ticket says no use low beams while fogs lights used am i able to get outta this ticket?
    If it was in the city then if I recall correctly use of high beams within city limits is against the law, so that would be why u got the ticket. Not cuz ur fog lights were on. As for ticket wording dunno bout that one. Talk to one of those traffic defense lawyers, most of them do free evaluations
    Lurking in a forum near you

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Fog lights and hi beams can not be used at the same time, hi beams can not be used in the city.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Corolla XRS 2010

what is the definition of "(b) that does not shine in the eyes of an approaching driver."

so if HID headlight is shining in our eye while we r infront of them is ok??

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by CorollaXRS
    what is the definition of "(b) that does not shine in the eyes of an approaching driver."

so if HID headlight is shining in our eye while we r infront of them is ok??
    It's not okay actually. But I have yet to ever see or even hear about any stories relating to HIDs being installed in Halogen housings.

My Ride
    Slow Injected

"
    (4) The light from a headlamp must be white, and the lens and bulb of the headlamp must be made of clear, untinted glazing."

Does that mean that 8000k hid is actually illegal? Seems like that is pretty common.

And is there anything against yellow fogs? I always turn mine off if I see a police vehicle around just in case,

My Ride
    Fozzy

I was rear ended and my license plate had a clear cover over it, according to the cop they are illegal too.

My Ride
    1993 skyline GTS-T

so i understand all the talk of headlights...what about marker lights... as i have three lights per headlight assembly... far outside ones light up blue... next ones in are high beam middle ones are low beam... i can cruise with just my low beams...or press a button and put my blue marker lights on... are these said marker lights illegal to have color bulbs in? any reference to the law on this would be appreciated

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Pretty sure blue bulbs are illegal all together.

My Ride
    Hatred

Yeah markers have to be amber/yellow/orange... somewhere in that part of the color spectrum I believe.
    -U

My Ride
    1982 Chevette

The only way around these is if the car was made before the law was in place.

Ex in my dads '53 chev, we don't have to have, wear or otherwise utilize seat belts. But we do since it has crazy power (700! )

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

Originally posted by gyu
    "
    (4) The light from a headlamp must be white, and the lens and bulb of the headlamp must be made of clear, untinted glazing."

Does that mean that 8000k hid is actually illegal? Seems like that is pretty common.

And is there anything against yellow fogs? I always turn mine off if I see a police vehicle around just in case,
    I ran 8000k for a while now and have never been bothered, even sitting right behind cops and they don't say anything.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast