Quantcast
Insurance sucks - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Insurance sucks

My Ride
    06 S2000

Unhappy Insurance sucks

So... about late jan/mid feb I rear ended someone, my car's hood got crumpled and the front bumper was toast... rad was cracked... not even a scratch on the paint of their precious lil (huge) jeep. Not sure what kind of jeep, but it was pretty big, all i remember is it was 4 door, v8 jeep something (jeep is imprinted on my bumber) i hit the trailer hitch... like i said, no damage. She calls the cops like 6 times till they finally show up, they give me a ticket for following too closely (which i fought and won) and that was that (my brakes failed, thus the collision) I hadn't heard a thing, my insurance company was informed, no spikes in my payments. Now today I find out she had just made a claim for $700 and I have no idea what for... but i'm pissed and worried... I can't really afford anymore for insurance and there was no damage... and no one was hurt. WTF?!

</rant>
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Sucks..but you rear ended her so its your fault...gonna have to suck it up for this one

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

jeep repairs are retarded, a scratch could easily cost $700 to repair at a dealer.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

a good chance that your insurance will go up when it is time for renewal...any accident is on record for 6 years!!!
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

Originally posted by lastprodigy
    Sucks..but you rear ended her so its your fault...gonna have to suck it up for this one

Still sucks though, good luck with it all!

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by lastprodigy
    I know... just pisses me off a little... it's really not my week, had to rant out somewhere, and no one on that fancy notepad program was answering me, lol

Funny thing is, even the cop, and the collision report guy said, there was no damage... to her... lol I guess that was only on a visual inspection... I just wish I knew what she was claiming.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Blazaah

funny, this has happened to me too.... big jeep just tapped it and the owner had a claim for $800 goin on.....insurance didnt go up till it was renewed, and the cop said there was no damage that he could see and said he was suprised I even noticed I hit it LOL

anyways goodluck with that

My Ride
    Bicycle

What did you do with your brakes to cause it to fail?

No maintenance check ups?

Just count your blessing that she didn't fake neck pain and migraine etc, it would've hit you ever harder.

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

if you claim on insurance it wont be that much of an increase.

My friend was sued for 150000 and he lost. Insurance paid up, and he pays 130 a month or so...

My Ride
    06 S2000

turns out that when i got new tires put on (by can tire.... i know i know) they had done something, not quite sure, to contaminate the brake fluid... or something else caused it, but either way, i believe the oil was leaking into my brake fluid (it was a dark black)
    My car sounds like shit.

Yeah unfortunately if you rear end someone it's usually 99.9999% your fault. Of course, only a dealership would be retarded enough to charge an insurance company $700-$800 for a stupid scratch. They'd make up some crap about how they have all this prep work to do, or have to repaint the ENTIRE front bumper; its really pathetic. Anyways, if you can actually prove that your brakes failed with some sort of note from a certified mechanic, that could definitely help you out with your insurance company. How'd you get out of that ticket though? That's pretty impressive (unless you lucked out). Whatever you do, be straight up with the cops and the insurance company, they generally tend to know when you're lying or aren't telling it how it really is. How did your brakes just fail on you though? That's super super rare, gotta take better care of the car man :P Good luck with everything though.

Insurance doesnt suck. you suck

Insurance is awesome

Originally posted by shadow_driftR93
    Yeah unfortunately if you rear end someone it's usually 99.9999% your fault. Of course, only a dealership would be retarded enough to charge an insurance company $700-$800 for a stupid scratch. They'd make up some crap about how they have all this prep work to do, or have to repaint the ENTIRE front bumper; its really pathetic. Anyways, if you can actually prove that your brakes failed with some sort of note from a certified mechanic, that could definitely help you out with your insurance company. How'd you get out of that ticket though? That's pretty impressive (unless you lucked out). Whatever you do, be straight up with the cops and the insurance company, they generally tend to know when you're lying or aren't telling it how it really is. How did your brakes just fail on you though? That's super super rare, gotta take better care of the car man :P Good luck with everything though.
    You are an idiot, sometimes repainting the whole bumper/panel is the only way to return it to the way it was....and I know that if some kid hit me "buffing that scratch out" wouldnt cut it.

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

1. You are not a body man... neither is the cop... Probally needed an asorber, rebar, and refinish the cover... things you will not see when a)cars dirty b) your knee is NOT dirty (meaning you need to look past the flexible plastic bumper cover) c)when you trying not too look for damage

2. You rear eneded her... imaging how pised you would be if she hit you and put a scratch on YOUR car....

3. Cars unsafe to operate? does not matter who fixed it... YOUR the moron driving a car that does not stop... Oil in the brake fluid? how'd you pull that off? dont blame it on can tire... they dont even lift the hood when doing tires... Even if can tire DID fuck up some how... you will still be charged with operating an unsafe motor vehicle... and thats not an easy ticket to get out of...
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    93 Prelude

ya i agree you are not a body man.....however......i am and if she has jeep factory parts on her vehical then anything that is replaced has to be from jeep.....no aftermarket, car must be put back to pre-accident condition and $700 is not that big of a repair depending on what parts are needed or if it is a 2 stage or a 3 stage paint so you might want to contact her and see if she would be willing to not go through insurance but dont try and convince her to change body shops because it is her legal right to choose what bodyshop fixes her car.one thing if you go through insurance there are different policies out there and you can ask your insurance company to check if her poilcy covers factory replacement parts or only aftermarket because some policeys will only cover aftermarket parts so that might save some money there
    money isn't the root of all evil..... the lack of money is the root of all evil

My Ride
    00 JeeChe

Originally posted by Dave P
    Insurance doesnt suck. you suck

Insurance is awesome
    Hahaha.

My Ride
    06 S2000

didn't touch the bumper... i realized that is my fault, i'm not denying that... but i'm just saying that its been topped on top of a bad week, and i wanted to rant somewhere... i only hit the trailer hitch...
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    1.7EL,GTR

mani rear end some one just last week and all i did was crack the bumper and i know bumpers cost alot because i do auto body work for a while now but anyways it costed me 800 bucks to get her a new bumper and such. but yeah i feel your pain man

My Ride
    06 S2000

i wish i had her information so i could get a hold of her... i would just pay the money outta my pocket so it wouldn't screw my insurance...(dunno if thats how it works)
    My car sounds like shit.