Quantcast
need help and ideas on tuning this new car - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: need help and ideas on tuning this new car

My Ride
    I dont drive, Smitthers drives me

Default need help and ideas on tuning this new car

hey i just bought this new 1996 5 speed prelude, with leather, vtec , i think there 17 inch rims, not sure, everything else stock, fully loaded.

i got it for 7000 dolalrs, it has 168K on it
    do think that was a good deal ?

does anybody have any ideas on how to tune this car,( preformance and looks ) ?

thanks

Edit : this is also has a rebuilt status on it too.. but now ots all fixed
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 03-14-2006 at 05:58 PM.

My Ride

My Ride

My Ride
    1990 300zx LHD ;) 400HP

looks good to me... could have bought a way worse for car $7000...as for tuning, id start with a cold air intake, then get a full exuast kit with header. Theres TONS of aftermarket support for these cars... If you want to spend more...get the cams done. IF you have even more money...rebuild once this goes and turbo it. ...if i missed anything do a search.

Not a bad car at all. Maybe it's just me but hood looks a little different colour? Or maybe it's just the photo. Anyways, if you're looking strictly for cosmetic. Start off with suspension (springs/shocks) either adjustable or a specific height. Shop around for a good wing/spoiler to compliment the car. Look into some graphics/decals maybe? Other then that, do the usual aftermarket exhaust, cold air intake, etc. It's got potential, do it up!

The price reflects that you bought it at an auction. That being said, you could have done a lot worse...not a bad start at all.

My Ride

Originally posted by carter_prelude
    looks good to me... could have bought a way worse for car $7000...as for tuning, id start with a cold air intake, then get a full exuast kit with header. Theres TONS of aftermarket support for these cars... If you want to spend more...get the cams done. IF you have even more money...rebuild once this goes and turbo it. ...if i missed anything do a search.
    i wana get a turbo, but i heard they got lags tho

Originally posted by shadow_driftR93
    Not a bad car at all. Maybe it's just me but hood looks a little different colour? Or maybe it's just the photo. Anyways, if you're looking strictly for cosmetic. Start off with suspension (springs/shocks) either adjustable or a specific height. Shop around for a good wing/spoiler to compliment the car. Look into some graphics/decals maybe? Other then that, do the usual aftermarket exhaust, cold air intake, etc. It's got potential, do it up!
    how do spings / shocks show off the cosmetics, ive always heard ppl talk bout that but i never what the difference it makes ? hey also u know if a high "supra style" wing will look good on it, i dunno, i dont want it to look like a ricer car lol

Originally posted by lastprodigy
    The price reflects that you bought it at an auction. That being said, you could have done a lot worse...not a bad start at all.

online auction lol, how did u know ?

looks like you're missing the passenger corner light, fender, and door.

My Ride

Originally posted by vietdood
    looks like you're missing the passenger corner light, fender, and door.
    ya that was before it was fixed, its good now tho

My Ride
    1990 300zx LHD ;) 400HP

Originally posted by Mr.Burns

i wana get a turbo, but i heard they got lags tho

all turbos have a little lag...lol...but it gives you quite abit more power for the price, but i'd only do it if you rebuilt you motor to handle...say...17+ PSI. Not really worth it to me to dump about $5000 into a turbo system and only run it at 7 PSI the whole time. Also shop around and search for what turbo you want. Bigger or smaller...ect....smaller spool faster so less lag, then you don't have the power that a larger turbo can make.

I say stay away from a trubo for now till you learn how to drive it haha. Get the little stuff done first. CAI, full Exhuast, and maybe play around with the cams, also a short shifter wouldn't be such a bad idea either if you wanna make the time lost by shifting a little less.

My Ride

hey also, what do you think the market price would after i get a turbo, supra style wing, some racing decals, etc,

do you think any would wanna trade this car for a 97+ prelude, thats the car i would really want !
    The Real Mr.Burns.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

hey also, what do you think the market price would after i get a turbo, supra style wing, some racing decals, etc,

do you think any would wanna trade this car for a 97+ prelude, thats the car i would really want !
    I hardly doubt racing decals increase the price of the car :P.... if that was true my sundance would be worth a BUNDLE!

My Ride
    1990 300zx LHD ;) 400HP

the turbo MAY add some value...but most stuff like ugly wings don't add any value. stickers don't either lol...i don't tihnk anyone would considering im seeing ppl sell those for $15 000 + and you bought yours for $6000 lol. Not a very fair trade in my eyes, even if it was turbo'd and had a wing and stickers.

Edit : I think the 96 looks a HELL of alot better than any 97+ prelude. Im a huge fan of those wierd rear lights and the way the whole car sits. sex on wheels i tell yea...

Yea no don't count on a straight up trade for any 97+ prelude.
    For starters, your car is a rebuilt status.
    But, buy a mugen body kit I say. and then drop it (lower it).
    That's pretty much all you need to make that car look decently good.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride

Originally posted by carter_prelude

the turbo MAY add some value...but most stuff like ugly wings don't add any value. stickers don't either lol...i don't tihnk anyone would considering im seeing ppl sell those for $15 000 + and you bought yours for $6000 lol. Not a very fair trade in my eyes, even if it was turbo'd and had a wing and stickers.

Edit : I think the 96 looks a HELL of alot better than any 97+ prelude. Im a huge fan of those wierd rear lights and the way the whole car sits. sex on wheels i tell yea...
    lol, i love preludes, i like 97 model one because they have a long front and it reminds me of a supra , i know its wierd but i dunno why i like them, supras my favorite car, then 97+ prelude then 92-96,

My Ride
    red slowpoke, black beast, red 4wheeler

if your worried about turbo lag, then get it supercharged. there is no lag.

i also like the 96s better than the 97s and up, they just look better to me.