Quantcast
EnRich-Buyer Beware - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EnRich-Buyer Beware

My Ride
    2009 G37x

Default EnRich-Buyer Beware

Just a little buyer beware with this fellow:

I bought a 6800 Ultra, 2 sticks of 512mb DDR, an Antec PSU, a case, a cd burner and a dvd burner off him despite feeling the whole thing was a little shady. The reason I felt it was a little shady was because when he first posted the stuff I PM'd him stating I'd buy it for his asking price. He messages me back saying the interest has been so high that he' not going to sell it to me, he's going to sell it to the highest bidder. So I tell him I'm not interested. Then a week or so later he gets back to me asking if I'm still interested, so I make another offer but one that was much lower than before because I'm still a little miffed that he put it up for auction after I offered to pay full price. And he takes it, so I'm a little suspicious but figure what the heck. He said everything worked fine and I'm a trusting sort of guy.

So he drops the stuff off one day and I didn't notice the Antec missing until after he had driven off. I call right away and he promises to get it to me ASAP, so no problem, right?

Everything was frozen when he dropped it off as it had been in his trunk for days and it was quite cold, so I couldn't test anything until the next day when everything had thawed out. He said everything worked when he used it last and would give my money back if it didn't.

So the next day I try the videocard and it doesn't work. The adapter he included had one end broken off but I didn't notice until it was time to hook it up. He insists it works fine and I'm doing something wrong, so I figure I'll try a few different things before considering it defective.

Then one of the ram sticks doesn't work at all and the other worked but failed Memtest86. So I call him again and he gives me some money back for the dead ram.

Then he tells me he can't find the Antec PSU but will give me a generic one and some case fans and a wireless adapter in exchange. He comes up with everything but the other PSU as, once again, he can't find it. I should have just given everything back then and there but I figure that at least I've got a Geforce 6800 Ultra and some other stuff that he says works fine.

Well the Ultra didn't work on anything but a digital LCD using DVI cable so I ask for my money back, like he promised, and he refuses saying that it works well enough. Unfortunately, if I want to use the Ultra I'll have to buy a digital LCD, so for all intents and purposes it's useless to me, but he refuses to refund the cash. It worked great on an LCD but when hooked up to a CRT it wouldn't display either blue or red depending on which output you used. He says as far as he's concerned, that's good enough. So it will sit there until I upgrade my monitor or I sell it to someone with a digital monitor who knows about it's limitations.

So if you're buying something off this fellow, please be more careful than I was. He seemed like he was going to do the right thing until I asked him for my money back, then he turned and ran. It's mainly my fault for trusting him, but I thought people should know that you'd best have his stuff tested before dishing out the cash.

Weak Once again +1 one for having a specific sub-forum aroudn the marketplace for things like this. Hope you get your money back/get it sorted out.

My Ride
    93 Prelude

that sux man i just checked his user rating and it has you as a positive rating so you might want to change that or put up a negitive comment or something anyways good luck getting your money back
    money isn't the root of all evil..... the lack of money is the root of all evil

My Ride
    2009 G37x

Yeah, I posted that after he refunded me some cash and gave me the fans and wireless card with the promise to get me a PSU. Seemed like he wanted to make things right.

My Ride
    MDX

Almost as good as when he tried to sell me a blown xtant subwoofer, I found out it was blown, told him/backed out of the sale........then he goes and sells it to someone else on here Real stand up guy there.

My Ride
    2009 G37x

Glad it's not just me that thinks that way.

I know it's buyer beware when buying used goods, and I really should have insisted on seeing everything work before shelling out the cash, but if you don't stand by what you sell you shouldn't be selling here. I guess I'm too trusting, and unfortunately the only thing I didn't trust was my instinct about him so I'm SOL until I get a new LCD.

Sad thing is, he works in Sales for a garage heater company or something on Blackfoot. Won't be doing business with them.

My Ride
    335i

Yup, sold the sub to another member on here and it turned out to be blown. When the member contacted him, he basically said "final sale". Super
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Wow, what a wonderful human being.

My Ride
    Model S

sounds like a ban stick is in order

what a piece of crap

My Ride
    2009 G37x

This was his final reply to me when I explained that I didn't want the card because I'd have to buy an LCD to use it:

whats the big deal, so your restricted to lcd?
    So this brings up another point. Why is he allowed to continue posting his stuff here? Was he warned? He's a paid sponsor, so is he given more leeway or is this stuff just coming to the surface?

My Ride
    has three pedals

^ + 1 for ban

This is why buying/selling is quite hard now a days, because people like him wreck everyones elses thoughts.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by moeman
    So this brings up another point. Why is he allowed to continue posting his stuff here? Was he warned? He's a paid sponsor, so is he given more leeway or is this stuff just coming to the surface?
    No. Paid sponsors are not immune from being removed if they scam other members. I'm going to try and clean up the marketplace from known scammers and extreme lowballers/postwhores in the next week or so.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    2009 G37x

Thank you.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Hope you get it all figured out man

My Ride
    has three pedals

^ nice gif

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Originally posted by Goblin
    ^ nice gif

could be used alot LOL

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

you would figure that paid sponsor's would be even more accountable for BS like this, as they also have a reputation that they want to keep as well

this guy sounds like a scammer, and his antics should not be tolerated on this forum

+1 for ban

My Ride
    a red bullet shaped rocket

i never understand why you people always want a ban
    he'll just create a new account anyways then his ratings will be fresh and new without anyone knowing of the scams that he has pulled
    wouldnt it be better for him to be around with the ratings anyways?
    isnt that why beyond USES the trader rating in the first place?

for instance, z24.1 or whatever his name is
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

i agree
    just make a huge note to read the trader ratings
    or have ppl look out for each other kind of deal

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

There nothing like getting ripped off and letting the guy get away with more scams. Especially for newbies who will register about a month later and this thread will be dead.

I guess the trader rating helps out a little on that. Or what would be better would be a custom user title "Known Scammer"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast