Quantcast
Commissioner of Oaths? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Commissioner of Oaths?

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Default Commissioner of Oaths?

Hey guys I need a commissioner of oaths to sign this paper for me, who/what is this, and do they charge to sign a piece of paper for u?

My Ride
    09 CSRT4

My fiances mother is a Commisioner of Oath, all I know is it has something to do with confirming a written statement, known as an affidavit, for use in court, estate or land title transactions. So I guess you must have a piece of paper that needs someone to Oath it, make sure it is true?
    Last edited by three33; 03-15-2006 at 09:12 PM.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by three33
    My fiances mother is a Commisioner of Oath, all I know is it has something to do with confirming a written statement, known as an affidavit, for use in court, estate or land title transactions. So I guess you must have a piece of paper that needs someone to Oath it, make sure it is true?
    it is an application for a license, so do i just go to one and ask em to sign it, where would I be able to find one, do they charge to sign stuff for u?

My Ride
    335i

Yes they charge to sign things for you. The cost depends on where you go. Probably around $30-50, depending on what you need done.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

So does anyone know one, where would I be able to find one?

My Ride
    '03 Nissan SE-R Spec V

A Commissioner For Oaths is a person appointed through the Attorney General's office who is authorized to administer Oaths and Solemn Declarations on specific documents (such as affidavits and statutory declarations). There are various reasons why a person may be required to obtain these; such as legal documents, or to provide proof of details, licenses, etc.

The big thing is that once you have made an "oath" or "solemn delcaration" on a document, you can be held accountable for the details on that document. Specifically, if you have lied about the details in the document once it has been "sworn" you can be charged with perjury.

Commissioner's for Oaths can be found at Lawyers Offices, as well as some at Banks and some Realtors as well (because these are professions which routinely encounter documents needing to be sworn or affirmed). Try there first.

Be aware that Commissioner's For Oaths are only allowed to act upon documents for use in the same province that they are appointed; therefore, a Commissioner For Oaths in Alberta cannot administer an oath or solemn declaration for a document that will be used in Saskatchewan. Make Sense?