Quantcast
Failing to stop ticket.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Failing to stop ticket....

My Ride
    POS

Default Failing to stop ticket....

Well I didnt know where else to post this..

So I'm a dillhole and didnt see some cop hiding in his undercover cruiser as I 'didnt even stop' at a stop sign, he chases me down throws on the cherries and I pull it over....

He asks me what I did wrong and I dont know wtf I was thinking so being dumb as I could I said 'probably not stopping all the way at that stop sign' Anyways he takes my papers back to his car for a good 15 minutes. Comes back with a ticket for $285

Whats the best thing I could do? Anyone? Go talk to the crown, or see if maybe one of those ticket places can help me out? bah this sucks balls, maybe I can try to convice the judge/crown me running stop signs is my one tonne challenge for myself, to save gas from having to stop then accelerate again. fu*k

I've never went down there for a fight/beg before so I'm not sure what to expect, I just paid it when they said I was too late to goto court and had to pay the fine to get my registry, lol.
    Last edited by nusneak; 03-17-2006 at 04:41 AM.

My Ride
    07 Avalanche LTZ

if you paid the fine u plead guilty. end of story sorry.

My Ride
    IS350

Default Re: Failing to stop ticket....

Originally posted by nusneak
    maybe I can try to convice the judge/crown me running stop signs is my one tonne challenge for myself, to save gas from having to stop then accelerate again
    that's hilarious not your predicament though. i'd argue for a reduction in demerits but that whole "stopping for stop signs" shit was explained pretty clearly back in driver's ed.

good luck though!

My Ride
    POS

Originally posted by Lexxan
    if you paid the fine u plead guilty. end of story sorry.
    ya I know, but is there anyway I can get some demerits or money taken off I just got the fine today, so I didnt pay it yet. $285 for a single stop sign is bullshit. I can't even count how many stop signs I run in a single day

My Ride
    POS

You could of talked to one of those "traffic ticket defenders". I've heard "failing to stop at a stop sign" ticket's are BS and can be thrown out. Not sure how true it is, but I vaguely remember hearing that from someone. Crack open the phone book and some of them even have email addresses you can toss a email and ask for future reference.

My Ride
    V8 Toy

ya I know, but is there anyway I can get some demerits or money taken off I just got the fine today, so I didnt pay it yet. $285 for a single stop sign is bullshit. I can't even count how many stop signs I run in a single day
    then I wouldn't be surprised if you got another $285 ticket in the near future.

in the meantime.... STOP SIGN means.. STOP.

My Ride
    broken POS

what the hell? are you stupid? they put a stop sign there for a reason.. you just don't run past them... i can't believe you'd just say that crap thinking it's ok to run a stop sign..
    you should just pay for the ticket and hand in your licence too..

your gonna either hit someone.. or someone is going to hit you soon

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

^^we can only hope its one of those ignorants assholes with a lifted ram 1500, that doesnt think he needs to stop at a stop sign either.

Rid this world of 2 idiots at once.

My Ride
    Econo-box

Personally, I dont see the problem in stopping enough to make sure there is no traffic, pedestrians, or anything you could harm.
    If theres a stop sign its probably there because theres high traffic, be it cars or people.

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

Your whole ocmment was a contradiction within itself. FUCK some people are so stupid.

I don't think I should have to stop fully if I can't see anything around me. I mean those signs are only there because this is a high traffic area.

Holy fuck.... please anyone that feels this way /life.

I honestly hope that people like you guys get hit when you dont stop in a 4-way, or at any stop sign for that matter.

My Ride
    2006 Civic, Lifted Locked flat black Jeep YJ

Well, looks like it only took 2 or 3 posts for the beyond police to show up.

My Ride
    Econo-box

Stop enough to ensure safty, and proceed. It may be high traffic, doesnt mean its gonna be high traffic when you get there. Whats so difficult about that?

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

Originally posted by handsomebassman
    Well, looks like it only took 2 or 3 posts for the beyond police to show up.
    I wasn't goign to say anything untill these guys started going on about how they think it is alright to run stop signs. I flame enough in "I broke the law but now I don't wanna pay the ticket" threads. I was gonna leave this one be, but holy shit. I feel bad for people that know how to use stop signs and will end up getting hurt because of idiots like this.

Originally posted by glennc
    Stop enough to ensure safty, and proceed. It may be high traffic, doesnt mean its gonna be high traffic when you get there. Whats so difficult about that?
    Do you know know the difference between a yield sign and a stop sign?

Yields are a upsidedown red triangle. This sign indicates that you are to slow down and precede with caution, give right of way to other drivers.

Stop signs are big red octagons that say stop in them. This sign indicates that you are to come to a complete stop, and if there are other drivers/signs around you wait for your turn to go.

It's the fucking law buddy, it is put there to keep people safe. What is so difficult about that?
    Last edited by Pee_Sack; 03-17-2006 at 08:08 AM.

My Ride
    Econo-box

If I get caught thats mine own fault. Maybe we have different perceptions of STOP. To me, STOP means completly lacking velocity, for three seconds, as by law. Anything less then that is considered a rolling stop, be it at 4 km/h or 50.

My Ride
    Blazaah

Originally posted by Pee_Sack

Do you know know the difference between a yield sign and a stop sign?

Yields are a upsidedown red triangle. This sign indicates that you are to slow down and precede with caution, give right of way to other drivers.
    Arnt they yellow upside down triangles???

My Ride
    1.7EL,GTR

tell the cop you had to take a dump and you were rushing home haha

Is this one of those Karma moments ---- I mean if you run stop signs all day long, I guess this one is punishing you for all the others .... ugh -- but really maybe its a reality moment, to say STOP doing it before something BAD happens to you or someone else -- Just a thought!

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

Originally posted by Cheeky

Arnt they yellow upside down triangles???
    I thought so but I wasn't sure when I googled yield signs the majority was red.

Thnx for the clarification though.

My Ride
    Blazaah

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by topmade
    You could of talked to one of those "traffic ticket defenders". I've heard "failing to stop at a stop sign" ticket's are BS and can be thrown out.
    These defender ain't working for free. They'll probably charge you $300 but at least get the demerit off completely, something you can't do youself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast