Quantcast
Creatine Questions - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Creatine Questions

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by hockeybronx

Well I'm 20 years old. I am not currently "on" any supplements. I have experimented with quite a range of supplements, and have done a ton of research about them through articles, dieticians, personal trainers, even a doctor at the research centre at the University of Calgary. It makes me react when I hear you in your stubborn ways say "all supplements are useless and dangerous", when the truth is no matter what anybody says you aren't going to change your mind anyways. I might as well just talk to my keyboard and wait for it to respond. I know your response to that is show me the proof... it always is.

Creatine is naturally occuring in meat products as well, we've already established that. You guys don't realize that the whole point of creatine supplements is that by the time it gets broken down and processed by your body, it is in essence exactly the same as that found in your meat/fish products.

You guys are underestimating the bodys ability to handle and process foreign matter. I am saying that if you take creatine in the recommended doses, and live a healthy lifestyle taking in the recommended amounts of water, and eat by the Canada Food Guide, you are just as likely to develop kidney or liver problems as any other average guy out there.

My last questions for anyone claiming to have this "all natural body" is: Do you drink coffee or pop? Do you take aspirin or tylenol? Do you take cough medicine, or uppers and downers like Nyquil or Dayquil? Have you ever smoked or are frequently exposed to second hand smoke? Because these are everyday things everyone acts like it's normal to take them. These all have just as bad if not worse effects on your body as creatine would if you took it improperly. I can answer no to each one of those questions. How bout you?
    You make valid points & I don't want this to get personal. While I don't drink pop (unless it's mix in a casual drink) I drink alot of coffee (its my vice) and know that caffene is a stimulant but I don't bring a Tim's to work out. I don't smoke (I despise smoking actually) or take any medication unless prescribed so my body is relatively clean. My intentions were never to take shots at anyone on these boards directly, there are still alot of unanswered questions about long term use of Creatine so I am hesitant to recomend it or use it.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by hockeybronx

Well I'm 20 years old. I am not currently "on" any supplements. I have experimented with quite a range of supplements, and have done a ton of research about them through articles, dieticians, personal trainers, even a doctor at the research centre at the University of Calgary. It makes me react when I hear you in your stubborn ways say "all supplements are useless and dangerous", when the truth is no matter what anybody says you aren't going to change your mind anyways. I might as well just talk to my keyboard and wait for it to respond. I know your response to that is show me the proof... it always is.

Creatine is naturally occuring in meat products as well, we've already established that. You guys don't realize that the whole point of creatine supplements is that by the time it gets broken down and processed by your body, it is in essence exactly the same as that found in your meat/fish products.

You guys are underestimating the bodys ability to handle and process foreign matter. I am saying that if you take creatine in the recommended doses, and live a healthy lifestyle taking in the recommended amounts of water, and eat by the Canada Food Guide, you are just as likely to develop kidney or liver problems as any other average guy out there.

My last questions for anyone claiming to have this "all natural body" is: Do you drink coffee or pop? Do you take aspirin or tylenol? Do you take cough medicine, or uppers and downers like Nyquil or Dayquil? Have you ever smoked or are frequently exposed to second hand smoke? Because these are everyday things everyone acts like it's normal to take them. These all have just as bad if not worse effects on your body as creatine would if you took it improperly. I can answer no to each one of those questions. How bout you?
    You always nail good points in these forums man. Myself, i'm 23 years old as of today. And i workout and take a supplement called NO-Xplode. I eat health and i quit smoking and drinking two years ago. I use a supplement because like in the quote your body can handle these things, supplements aren't medication they are nutrience that naturally occur in food you already eat. It comes down to although i try to eat as well as i can i still probably lack some of these things in my diet. It helps when taken right and i notice it everyday i go to the gym. Good forum though lots of opinions.
    -U

Yes, I would agree that there are many valuable points on this board from users and none-users. The one thing I'm really suprised I havn't heard about, especially those concerned about overall body and health is sleeping habits. Its getting off topic but that fact is, sleeping regularly and for 7+ hrs a night consistently is just as important as going to the gym. Even bodybuilding/weight lifting magazines will preach this material which is excellent.

In addition, it seems no matter what your take on the issue, some people are going to consistently use creatine because they can swear nothing is wrong with it (at one end of the spectrum) while others won't even touch it because they are afraid if they try it, they will die (obviously the other end). I'm a small guy already, I've actually tried it, found myself so thirsty all the time it was insane. Moreover, I did have small pinches in my lower back/kidney area while I was on it, and even afterwards for a short period. I followed the dosage tables etc but I'm not a fan of it and prefer to eat tons of flavored tuna containers and chicken breast than take creatine. While combining both could yield results for some individuals, it did not help me. I would tell people to try it if they want and do their own research, but I'm not for it.

Lastly, I'm pleasantly astonished how mature people are being on such a touchy subject. One thing IS100% sure through our beyond.ca discussion thread, you can't really get crea-rage!

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by heavyD
    there are still alot of unanswered questions about long term use of Creatine
    That's where you are bang on. Since creatine is such a newly-introduced supplement, it could be up to 40 years until they can actual prove/disprove that it has no long term affects on the body. They will have to do a study on a person taking creatine throughout their life to find that out. Those kinds of studies will answer the questions most people have most accurately.

Originally posted by matt_calgary
    I'm a small guy already, I've actually tried it, found myself so thirsty all the time it was insane.
    Yeah no doubt, I talked with a dietitian that I know on what she recommends for daily water intake. Her suggestions:
    - for normal people - 1.5 - 2 litres a day
    - for athletes who work out daily (myself) - 2-4 litres a day
    - people who consume caffeine - their daily intake + an amount of water equal to the amount of caffeinated beverages they consumed
    - people on creatine: 2-5 litres a day

It's too bad that very few actually consume even the lowest recommended amount, it's like living years at a time dehydrated.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Hatred

I think while working out at the gym alone i drink over 1.5 litres. So the rest of the day must bring me into the creatine region.
    -U

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Unknown303
    I think while working out at the gym alone i drink over 1.5 litres. So the rest of the day must bring me into the creatine region.
    I don't use creatine, and I drink about 2 solid liters when I work out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2