Quantcast
knock off wheels - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: knock off wheels

My Ride
    SKYLINE GTR ,AE86, memories of a turbo 2000 lude

Default knock off wheels

just wondering what you guys think about all the knock offs lately in the wheel industry? i have to admit they are getting really good at looking like the real thing. second thing is when you see knock off wheels - does the word cheap come to mind? was just wondering cause well i paid a pretty hefty sum for my rh evolution c2's before they got stolen, and to be honest i dont have the loot to fork for the real deals again - at least not this year. would anyone of you guys consider buying knock offs to save some bucks???

it probably would depend on quality and finish for me

..is there knock off's for TE-37's ?

i'll probably just end up getting the real thing ...
    Last edited by RX-7_TWINTURBO; 03-19-2003 at 07:20 PM.

i don't like knockoffs. Today I pulled into the MRC parking lot, and I thought I saw a Civic rollin on 18" TE-37's, but upon closer inspection, I realized they were knockoffs! I guess if you don't want to spend the money, its cool, but I'm not a fan of them myself. That way more expensive wheels (IE. Spoon SW-388) get totally played out, and the people who DO dish out the money for the real wheels often get mistaken for having the knockoffs.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Lurking in some bushes outside your house
    My Ride
    S14/D21

I personally prefer the real deal. There is a certain level of prestige associated with owning the real thing. Thats why im rollin stock til i can afford my real ones.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default Re: knock off wheels

Originally posted by choweyt3t4
    just wondering what you guys think about all the knock offs lately in the wheel industry? i have to admit they are getting really good at looking like the real thing. second thing is when you see knock off wheels - does the word cheap come to mind? was just wondering cause well i paid a pretty hefty sum for my rh evolution c2's before they got stolen, and to be honest i dont have the loot to fork for the real deals again - at least not this year. would anyone of you guys consider buying knock offs to save some bucks???
    I don't think knock offs are bad, it just says that the owner didn't spend a fortune on them, at the same time he or she still wanted the look. I think spending the extra amount of dollars shows two things, firstly, how much cash you are willing to spend in order to get the original and secondly, it shows one's desire for the top of the line stuff.

It's not bad that people get the imitation stuff...I guess the same thing can be said for imitation kits. An example of this is the mugen kits, if you're really a high roller, you'd prolly dish out the cash for the real deal, but at the same time, if you buy the imitation, you're showing that you like that style but are a bit more money conscious...in my opinion smarter with your money. It's not a bad thing to get imitation stuff...maybe just smarter and it depends on your priorities.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    97 EK

I can't stand to have knockoffs on my car. Even if they yoou really good, I'm very influence by what other people think and not what I think.....

Can you hear the sarcasm in my typing?

Knock offs are fine if you're fine with them. Or course you'll feel better if you had name brand ones, right?
    I'm going to buy a 89 camaro.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

If I look at the wheels and say "those are cool wheels!!" then I don't really care who made them I guess!
    I say go with a wheel that looks good to you and is reasonably light, and you really cant go wrong!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    01 330i

Default Re: Re: knock off wheels

Originally posted by LUDELVR

I don't think knock offs are bad, it just says that the owner didn't spend a fortune on them, at the same time he or she still wanted the look. I think spending the extra amount of dollars shows two things, firstly, how much cash you are willing to spend in order to get the original and secondly, it shows one's desire for the top of the line stuff.

It's not bad that people get the imitation stuff...I guess the same thing can be said for imitation kits. An example of this is the mugen kits, if you're really a high roller, you'd prolly dish out the cash for the real deal, but at the same time, if you buy the imitation, you're showing that you like that style but are a bit more money conscious...in my opinion smarter with your money. It's not a bad thing to get imitation stuff...maybe just smarter and it depends on your priorities.
    agree 100%

I hate knockoff wheels.
    I don't mind cheaper wheels with their own design. But when a cheap company completely copies a more expensive company's design..thats just lame.

For example I'd buy some axis Neo's or something. But i'd never ever consider putting Katana racing hart copies on a car for example.
    Just like if i had $50K for a car, i'd buy a g35 coupe as opposed to a ferrari f355 based on a fiero.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by NismoS14
    I personally prefer the real deal. There is a certain level of prestige associated with owning the real thing. Thats why im rollin stock til i can afford my real ones.
    insecure much?

the only problem i see with knockoffs is weight....(in some cases)

My Ride
    335i

I don't mind knockoffs. They look just like the real thing, and if you aren't too concerned about weight, they are fine. Most rims are pretty good quality - ain't nothing wrong with a knockoff
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

Default Re: knock off wheels

Originally posted by choweyt3t4
    Were you rims forged???? If they were I would stick with forged at least. Cast kinda suck for weight/quality.

Sucks that some bastard stole you rims...

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

Default Re: Re: knock off wheels

Originally posted by LUDELVR

But there was a movie about you... what was it called again?........ Oh yea Knock Off starring Jean Leo Van Damme

I agree with Leo though. If you don't have the dough get something else or some knock offs. There is nothing wrong with replicas.

i have a set of ADR rims for summer..... honestly buying knock off brand was a mistake... i should have waited a little longer and bought a better set of rims.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Its a tough choice, especiually when you are on a budget. The RH C2s for example. The best internet package I have seen is 1599 for 18's, while the knockoffs are 999. Thats a pretty big difference with the exchange. I'm guessing about half the wheel market is a take off, or heavily influenced by others, so it is tough to really say. There are cheaper wheels that are still forged and don't weigh a ton, you just have to do some research.

So far, my Fav's are EdgeracingEdge Racing
    They have 18" packages w/712's for $1100 with extremely nice wheels. For example, the Arctic's are 19lbs for the 18's I beleive.

I'm liking a lot of the new velox wheels.

My Ride
    2011 335xi

Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
    it probably would depend on quality and finish for me

..is there knock off's for TE-37's ?

i'll probably just end up getting the real thing ...
    Just buy the real things I have TE-37's in bronze and they are the real things well worth it, I've seen a civic with knock offs they don't compare

Lurking in some bushes outside your house
    My Ride
    S14/D21

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    insecure much?

the only problem i see with knockoffs is weight....(in some cases)
    Is there something wrong with taking pride in your car??

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by NismoS14

Is there something wrong with taking pride in your car??
    spending money=taking pride

I'll agree that there are some thing you should NOT go cheap on, but if I can get a set of wheels that are structurally (sp?) sound for less than half the price...why not?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast