Quantcast
Tribulus - study shows no increase in androgen production - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tribulus - study shows no increase in androgen production

1-Cent is offline If you want to sell shit buy a fucking banner

Default Tribulus - study shows no increase in androgen production

New study, don't count on muscle gains from it, just a boner
    -----------------------

The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men.

Neychev VK, Mitev VI.

Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical University, 2 Zdrave str., Sofia-1431, Bulgaria. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: The aim of the current study is to investigate the influence of Tribulus terrestris extract on androgen metabolism in young males. DESIGN AND METHODS: Twenty-one healthy young 20-36 years old men with body weight ranging from 60 to 125 kg were randomly separated into three groups-two experimental (each n=7) and a control (placebo) one (n=7). The experimental groups were named TT1 and TT2 and the subjects were assigned to consume 20 and 10 mg/kg body weight per day of Tribulus terrestris extract, respectively, separated into three daily intakes for 4 weeks. Testosterone, androstenedione and luteinizing hormone levels in the serum were measured 24 h before supplementation (clear probe), and at 24, 72, 240, 408 and 576 h from the beginning of the supplementation. RESULTS: There was no significant difference between Tribulus terrestris supplemented groups and controls in the serum testosterone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 15.75+/-1.75 nmol/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 16.32+/-1.57 nmol/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 17.74+/-1.09 nmol/l) (p>0.05)), androstenedione (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 1.927+/-0.126 ng/ml); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 2.026+/-0.256 ng/ml); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 1.952+/-0.236 ng/ml) (p>0.05)) or luteinizing hormone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.662+/-0.274U/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.103+/-0.869U/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 4.170+/-0.406U/l) (p>0.05)) levels. All results were within the normal range. The findings in the current study anticipate that Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins possess neither direct nor indirect androgen-increasing properties. The study will be extended in the clarifying the probable mode of action of Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Crazy, I did a little research on Tribulus a while ago and many sites that I went to swore by it.

Anyways no sweat for me, I don't have the time to try/maintain these things.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

1-Cent is offline If you want to sell shit buy a fucking banner

Originally posted by hockeybronx
    Crazy, I did a little research on Tribulus a while ago and many sites that I went to swore by it.

Anyways no sweat for me, I don't have the time to try/maintain these things.
    I bought into the stuff too...
    Oh well, new studies come out all the time to show how dumb we all really are