Quantcast
April 28 @Shanks Mustard Seed Fundraiser...Ideas? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: April 28 @Shanks Mustard Seed Fundraiser...Ideas?

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Question April 28 @Shanks Mustard Seed Fundraiser...Ideas?

I hope this goes by all the rules, and is in the right section...

The Mustard Seed, for those who don’t know about them started as a place that offered meals and spiritual counsel and comfort, and has grown to provide a range of food, shelter and clothing needs. Their non-profit and run almost from what I understand on all volunteers. www.thesead.ca I've personally volunteered there and it makes you open your eyes for sure.

Whats happening is their in need for a new deep freezer to store food, the old one is cutting out and spoiling the food. $25 large is what i understand from my sister is what they need, but could be more.

**EDIT** No long at Crowfoot, McLode(sp?) and 90th somewhere im the south....
    April 28@6 there will be a fundraiser, with all ticket sales ($10 each) going to the mustard seed. Lots of cool stuff will be going on along side the awesome atmosphere of Shanks, there will be door prizes, draws, games, and prob lots of drinking....also there’s gona be a Silent auction for autographed flames gear and other cool stuff. I'll be going to Wednesdays game with 4x6 pictures, banners and other flames stuff to get autographed by the players to auction off (the old fashioned way by standing at the gate where they park) hopefully It'll add to what my sisters group has got so far from them. hopefully there will be a playoff game *** knock on wood ***and that will get a huge crowd that’s already going to be there.

Cool thing is, whatever raised at Shanks, will be matched by the crew at the mustard seed, and other business that will help out. Pretty good chance to come close to $25,000!

Now I’m trying to pump this up so people can buy tickets and check it out, or even if they cant, just a simple donation. Any idea on how i can go around doing....any help would be appreciated, as I think this is a pretty worthy cause!

Thanks a lot beyond.ca and all its members.
    Last edited by slick2404; 03-30-2006 at 09:34 PM.

My Ride
    2000 323i

If it's a home game, then I'll be AT the game....but I'll definitely have a donation dropped off and urge others to go.
    Mike

My Ride
    02 RSX Type-s

ill stop by and drop some money off, this is a good idea to keep getting beyond.ca in the good light of the communities. maybe contact news station and see what they can do for you, im sure they will be a big help. i really doubt that any fundraiser for something like this would be turned down.
    Originally posted by DeeK
    Fat girls need love too, they just have to pay for it.

Default Re: April 28 @Shanks Mustard Seed Fundraiser...Ideas?

Originally posted by slick2404
    there will be door prizes, draws, games, and prob lots of drinking....

That's so ironic . Most , if not all of the Mustard Seed ' customers ' suffer from one form of mental illness or another , and most have or had drinking problems , or other addiction problems .

Also , they do have workers that are paid employees of the Seed . The whole administration are paid employees .

If you want to get things signed go to the practice the morning of the game and get things signed at that time, it is a lot less hastle and has greater odds of working than the standing outside the door.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Default Re: Re: April 28 @Shanks Mustard Seed Fundraiser...Ideas?

Originally posted by blueToy

That's so ironic . Most , if not all of the Mustard Seed ' customers ' suffer from one form of mental illness or another , and most have or had drinking problems , or other addiction problems .

Also , they do have workers that are paid employees of the Seed . The whole administration are paid employees .

Thanks for the constructive commment numbnuts, you actually think this is to mock peoples addictions? Its a sportsbar, people are not going just for the fundraiser, thankfully shanks has agreed to let us hold our fundrasier there. Hopefully we'll see you come out and acutally helpout/donate instead of leaving comments that provoke useless debates about ethics that wont get us anywhere.

BTW Thanks for clearing up the Admin side, i still believe MOST of the hands on people are volunteers. i dont see how that matters though, this fundrasier is all volunteered and its for a good cause....really would like to see you, and everyone who can come out and make a donation though

Although thanks for the news idea, im hopefully going to try n see what they can do...what does everone suggest about beyond being tied into this to make a better name in the community, do you think it would be alright?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ I used to volunteer there also a whiles back (4 years ago, man time flies) . It really does open your eyes. not quite like this though

jokes.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Default Re: Re: Re: April 28 @Shanks Mustard Seed Fundraiser...Ideas?

Originally posted by slick2404

Thanks for the constructive commment numbnuts, you actually think this is to mock peoples addictions? Its a sportsbar, people are not going just for the fundraiser, thankfully shanks has agreed to let us hold our fundrasier there. Hopefully we'll see you come out and acutally helpout/donate instead of leaving comments that provoke useless debates about ethics that wont get us anywhere.

BTW Thanks for clearing up the Admin side, i still believe MOST of the hands on people are volunteers. i dont see how that matters though, this fundrasier is all volunteered and its for a good cause....really would like to see you, and everyone who can come out and make a donation though

Although thanks for the news idea, im hopefully going to try n see what they can do...what does everone suggest about beyond being tied into this to make a better name in the community, do you think it would be alright?

Hey , name calling is so tuff on the net .

Just doing my duty as civillian on this board to point out the irony of holding a fundraiser for mostly alcoholics in a PUB . It makes me laugh . Kinda like holding a fundraiser for a womens shelter at a strip club . Hey , do you think ...... lol .

Good luck with your fundraising . I'll bow out now , but remember , what you may think is a good cause today might not be what it seems tomorrow .

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: April 28 @Shanks Mustard Seed Fundraiser...Ideas?

Originally posted by blueToy

Hey , name calling is so tuff on the net .

Just doing my duty as civillian on this board to point out the irony of holding a fundraiser for mostly alcoholics in a PUB . It makes me laugh . Kinda like holding a fundraiser for a womens shelter at a strip club . Hey , do you think ...... lol .

Good luck with your fundraising . I'll bow out now , but remember , what you may think is a good cause today might not be what it seems tomorrow .
    Alright, so there's our philosophical thought for the day.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

No long at Shanks Crowfoot, moved to the Mclode Trail and 90th location somewhere in the south not sure, but ill find out