Quantcast
U of C Lot 11 March 20th 11AM-1:30PM - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: U of C Lot 11 March 20th 11AM-1:30PM

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Angry U of C Lot 11 March 20th 11AM-1:30PM

Had my car busted into this afternoon at parking lot 11 at the University. My car (99 Black Honda Civic) was parralel parked near the front. Just wondering if anyone was around that time that might have saw something suspicious. Got my Pioneer 7' DVD screen and head unit jacked. Any help we would greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Calgary Deals Blog - All of Calgary's Best Deals in One Place.

that sucks, I'm sure somebody must have seen it... maybe put up a flyer or something asking about it, "no questions asked" that kinda thing.

Originally posted by method
    maybe put up a flyer or something asking about it, "no questions asked" that kinda thing.
    Hmmm?
    ---

Hey dude,

Lot 11 is horrible for break-ins, campus security even told me the same thing. My car was broken into in that lot just over a month ago, lost my head unit, shift knob and air freshener. (That one was kinda funny actually.) It was around 11PM though so the risk was a lot higher I suppose. I'm surprised they did your car so early in the day when there are still lots of people around. Second break-in in 7 months for me, but the other one wasn't in lot 11.. If you don't mind me asking, what did they do to get into your car? They smashed my drivers side.. Bastards, it was freezing that day too. Anyhow, sorry about your loss, I know how it feels and it sucks.

My Ride
    Two unreliable sedans

oh shit.. i park in lot11 all the time.. gah.. need more security!!
    sorry to hear bout your loss man.. i've seen your car there all the time harsh man! hope you find out who did it

for the amount of money that school rapes us for, the least they could offer is some security in the lots.
    Even one person per lot would be enough.l

My Ride
    350Z

shitty to hear. with a dvd screen etc. what are you doing without an alarm? you should at least, bear minimum have a blinking LED and fake stickers or something, it might be just enough, for potential thieves to leave your car alone and go for an easier one.

if you want I think might have some extra "protected by" type stickers, viper ones, I think I might even have some compustar ones around somewhere.

My Ride
    Civic

Thumbs down

Sorry to hear.

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

I have the brand new Compustar alarm. The alarm went off, but I guess no one noticed. I had "The Club" on the steering wheel and both the faceplates hidden and out of view. They ripped the whole interior apart. Talked to those powerless campus security guys and found out this regularly happens around campus. They said they get at least 2 a week. Oh well, shit happens. The cops just came over and found lots of fingerprints. Hope it leads them to the culprits. Oh well, shit happens. Already had my car stripped last year, so I'm kind of used to this shit. Oh well, guess its a sign I should finally stop doing this. Still surprised how brave these bastards were. I was probably parallel parked in the most open and heavy traffic area. The parking attendant can see where my car is from her booth. Anyway, if anyone saw anything, please give me a shout.
    Calgary Deals Blog - All of Calgary's Best Deals in One Place.

My Ride
    335i

Maybe the campus camera's caught something?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    350Z

Originally posted by GDCivicSi
    I have the brand new Compustar alarm. The alarm went off, but I guess no one noticed. I had "The Club" on the steering wheel and both the faceplates hidden and out of view. They ripped the whole interior apart. Talked to those powerless campus security guys and found out this regularly happens around campus. They said they get at least 2 a week. Oh well, shit happens. The cops just came over and found lots of fingerprints. Hope it leads them to the culprits. Oh well, shit happens. Already had my car stripped last year, so I'm kind of used to this shit. Oh well, guess its a sign I should finally stop doing this. Still surprised how brave these bastards were. I was probably parallel parked in the most open and heavy traffic area. The parking attendant can see where my car is from her booth. Anyway, if anyone saw anything, please give me a shout.
    not really much else you could've done. I guess if they want it bad enough, nothing short of catching them in the act, would've stopped them.

My Ride
    Two unreliable sedans

Originally posted by GDCivicSi
    the girl in the booth doesn't seem like she's awake half the time IMO

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Maybe the campus camera's caught something?
    /agree

Sheck with Campus security their cameras on campus can see quite a bit.

My Ride
    Looking for a car, Got any suggestions?

shitty deal, sorry to hear man. hope u find the crooks!

thats too bad. sorry to hear. hope you get the guys who busted into your car
    is the civic the one with a buddy club kit with team dynamics on the side?? if so its a sweet ass car whenever i walk by it

i always thought lot 10 was the worst because its so big and stretches far back. but then again lot 11 has a lot of trees so its hard to see

My Ride
    NC1

It seems like Civics are the #1 car to jack?
    Sorry to hear dude....
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    UA6

Originally posted by max_boost
    It seems like Civics are the #1 car to jack?
    Sorry to hear dude....
    yeah they are because they are so easy to get into...

but yeah sucks about your car man

My Ride
    2000 DC4

Just wondering ,doesn't the compustar alarm come with a pager ,So it pages you when your alarm goes off. Wouldn't you have seen that go off and run out to your car ,I know I would have .BTW sorry to hear about your lost.
    JDM goodness + boost = 1 phat integra

www.abtegs.net

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Madspinner
    Just wondering ,doesn't the compustar alarm come with a pager ,So it pages you when your alarm goes off. Wouldn't you have seen that go off and run out to your car ,I know I would have .BTW sorry to hear about your lost.
    Yes but it is only 1/4mile range for previous years.....this year it has been up to 1.25mile

And given the size of the University, the 1/4mile is not enough to alert the owner of the vehicle. And sometimes the alarm will go off just cause, happened to me a couple times, I just ignored it. Also depending on how sensitive the alarm is, a car with a loud ass exhaust can set it off!

But I have a feeling this could of been an inside job, perhaps someone who knows the owner etc. But if I were a thief, I would target civics too, cause most civics have lots of goodies in there.... I am still surprised the car got ripped off in broad day light!!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

i would target black s2000's j/k

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast